It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's the history behind your screen names and avatars?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
My ATS screen name comes from Jim Morrison (Doors) the lizard king. My avatar changes a lot but it currently represents love for my country.

posted on Jun, 30 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by Lysergic
My passion for gravy.

That's funny. I have had a lot of 'Gravy' in my life but don't remember that term.

Just...can't...remember..

Omg I could bathe in that stuff. Anyhooo..
The name :

The avatar is just me.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

i am visualmiscreant's wife
i remember the spirit of this tree an surprised when the photo was slightly manipulated what came to surface . it was the first of many . n this particular tree had many forms this one was one of the smallest in photo .then the master came n topped it off 2 the fabulous product u see

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Simple really, I love horror movies and twisted and dark humor.

Chukkles is inspired by Chucky the doll, even though those films aren't great he's still a legend and icon.
The clown face, well it's a real face in make up (not mine or anyone I know) I edited it to make it how it is now.

The two (name and picture) marry up so well I just had to do it.

Semperfortis is a legend. He very kindly created my sig for me. It wasn't what I asked or expected but when I saw what he had created I loved it straight off.
What a genuinly nice dude.
edit on 13-8-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hello everyone,

I had meant to post something here awhile back, but I forgot about it. Thank you MegaplateausFlight and Chukkles for bumping this thread back up my "subscriptions list". Most of all I would like to thank RightInTwo for starting such an entertaining topic!

I really enjoyed reading everyone's "excuses", so here's mine:

I was pretty much confined to the house for approx. three months because of being bitten by a "Brown Recluse" spider. Out of boredom, I started playing with my daughter's computer, and was soon confronted by the necessity of having to "come up" with a "unique username". Hell, I didn't want one with numbers in it, nor did I want to intentionally misspell something. After numerous "failures" it occurred to me that I had "been reclused" by that damn spider, so I typed in BenReclused, and it's worked like a charm ever since.

For those that may be interested, I uploaded a "collage" consisting of four pictures showing the condition of my foot at various times. Though the worse looking image makes me think of a corn beef brisket smothered in honey-mustard glaze, if you have a weak stomach, you might not want to see it. This is why I chose to link to it, instead of directly embedding it. Here is the link.

Also, because of my username, I have been called "Ben" quite often. This is why I always end my posts with:

See ya,
Milt

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Mine's quite obvious really. I am a duck. I used to spend my days scrounging for bits of crust, then I heard about the internet from a passing goose.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
this is fun and insightfull
Jplaysguitar
well im john and i often play guitar i just think it sounds cool and fun
and my avatar is of my favorite guitar hero S.R.V.
Prolly the best guitarist to have been alive ....
Forever ha
peace out guys bts is cool beans

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jplaysguitar

we'd rather you explain your av' pic. or atleast ask advice on resizing.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i don't like my name. how boring. i just could not come up with a name but so desperately wanted to join. i thought of something that describes me in relation to ats.
i think most of you are so cool and full of clever fantasy.
i wish we could change our name at ats.

mostly i use no avatar. much the same reason as above. sometimes though, for special occasions, i have this idea to go through a variety of figures wearing traditional clothing used by my ancestors. this one is from mongolia.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b0a63f87f575.jpg[/atsimg]

I was in the middle of designing inflatable space modules when I decided to start contributing to ATS. I chose an inflatable structure for my avatar that is more down to earth (shown above), as I didn't want anyone putting me in the UFO camp. At least not for things I designed myself.

I choose the first name David because it sounds warm and formal. Most people call me Mike. But online I try to be less casual and more proper.

I chose the Grouchy because of this guy. On the day of the revolution in France he renounced his tittles, donated all his hereditary estates to the people and reinlisted as a private. One bowl of strawberries and he changed the course of the entire world.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04a20e97b821.jpg[/atsimg]
Emmanuel, marquis de Grouchy

To this day, one of his former estates is the only state park in Paris. His former private home can be seen in the movie "The Davinci code" as the dwelling of Teabing.

David Grouchy

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBirdisDone
I signed up between Thanksgiving and Christmas and I was thinking of Turkey due to the Season and watching one of my favorite movies "A Christmas Story" with the funny Turkey issue.

Hehe one of my fav movies

My screen name is just a common German surname, nothing special (and not my actual name
). The avatar is actually me

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

edit on 19-8-2011 by MegaplateausFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Golithion

Comes from the name of a Black Dragon in a story I wrote long time ago, probably in Junior High, the full name was Golithion Dori,

i think that is so cool that u wrote about a dark dragon , i had a dream bout 1 a few years back with the same name ,but no dori . i will try 2 find and post . i would not mind if u used seeing how u already wrote bout . i do not believe in coincident so i feel fate is in play ;P
edit on 19-8-2011 by MegaplateausFlight because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well Dai Kaiju is Japanese for Giant Monster and the avatar, well is the greatest Kaiju of them all LOL

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join