It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we in the Western world often have this distaste for foreign nationals?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Okay! this took me a lot of effort to put together in, to me a foreign language!

And you know what, in this thread I would appreciate that if we could keep the severve political hate that hinders us to be better persons in our lives - to the minimune?

Let me start by saying, how awkward this may feel to some of you here, that I've always looked upon myself as world citizen in a world where borders were not more than just silly lines drawn on a map.

This is how the world and the people that I've met during this life journey of mine has shaped & tranformed me into the person that I am today, and thus the world perception that I am having today is the result of those interactions with other people of this world.

I grew up in a multi-national European family during during the late 60's and through the1970's after our great big family was spread all over Continental Europe because of the effects of many different reasons and the wave of Fascism and WW2 (some were even married to beautiful Jewish European girls and started families - and they had to flee to other unoccupied countries to survive) - and they now live mainly in four different European countries ,which I can relate to very much as a person today because I visited those countries on a regulary basis as a child and uptil now when I am an adult.

I often spent summers in the French and Italian part of Switzerland or in the sunny south of Spain - but never as a child or as young adult felt like an outsider in those societies, even as my French and Italian language skills were not top notch, and I had sometimes difficulties to understand fully what people said in those places - I got along with the kids as kids do, and was perfectly accepted fully into those societies as a friend to those native kids.

Later in my younger years we moved abroad for the first time - woo hoo! my mom got a job as a working photographer (but she really was a medical doctor) for the UN documenting certain development projects and my smart dad worked with stuff related to the first computerisation drive of the Oil industry and the progression of large industrial agricultural projects where such computer skills were needed in the early 70's.

This idea of moving abroad and discover the world was completely my mothers idea, because my father had his own growing business projects back home and he was always the really conservative "type" of person in our family - but he finally caved in to my mothers wishes to see the world and said what a heck, let's go! once in a life time!

But to make a very long story short, during all those years I lived abroad away from Europe, I and my sisters very seldom felt unwecolmed by the people in those countries we lived in.

I have lived in Southern American countries, African countries and a few middle eastern countries - but I never felt outright racism especifically toward our family just because we were different, were white or had blue or green eyes as my near family member has.

In fact, I remember so well when we moved to Venezuela - and my mother went directly up into the Petare and the 23 de Enero barrios to help those sick children because she heard that not much doctors from Caracas dared to enter these barrios - my mother with some UN back up directly went with great succcess, and with only one bodyguard to do a lot of important initial work to help these children, although my father was worrying to death at the same time that something would happen to her during that time, in our apartment Hotel, the first week

And you know what - 20 years later I entered those same barrios alsone and met with some of these gangster types who my mother once treated once againt simple conditions, but once very serious children conditions.

And when I met a great few of these guys in the middle of the square they perhaps first thought that I was a suicidal tourist, but when I told them that I was the same semi-blond guy that was running around my mother's skirts 20 y. ago - these grown up tough guys hugged me and kissed me, almost squished death and told me that if someone would ever mess with me seriously in Caracas, they would help me in the name of God and protect me as far as they could.

Nice, isn't it, to know that youre protected just because an important thing your mother made in the 1970's.

And almost the same same scenarios displayed themselves for me and my sisters all around the world!

And wait! here's the best one!

When I was younger before my mother went nuts "with this tours of saving the world thingy" I and one of my sisters spent our summers in Minnesota with our in the US distant familiy - and hey, you know what guys?

I lived during those summers for some time in a very conservative part of of Minnesota and I remembers those kids, so damn much because it really made me think about this from an American point of view for the the first time in my life.

And Slayer if you're ever read this, remember man, I was in Minnesota only to play icehockey and nothing more! - respect that beforore you'll reporting me?

And a few of my best friends in my (still living) life are Americans.

Yeah whatever! I reallt lost my thread due to a few glasses of fablous European wine down my throught

Yeah, marry goes around with this whiney silly thread of mine, Please show more love towards eachothers in everdayday life to begin with.

Ridiculous

Without some reservations!

edit on 23-6-2011 by Skyfloating because: Mod-Note: Off-Topic comment on Hacking removed. If you feel you are being hacked, please file a Complaint.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Well, before the hackers gets me totally!

I would love to say that there are great numbers of people here on ATS who'd only wishes would be for the people to be safe.

Unfortunatelely, some of these forces and board friends are working against you!

At least I know, that I would never spit in my neighbours face if he didn't had it coming!

I'm so sorry guys, but I'm soo tired of the American bravado and the one way propaganda in the way it is displayed.

Maybe I'm leaving?

I want to see some rock'n'roll from springer before I decide!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

What are you talking about?

your rambling then your hacked ............im lost

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link