It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Greeks' discontent spreading in Europe'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Interview with Ian Williams from Foreign Policy in Focus, New York

They may have rigged the vote in the House but on the streets the people say lets do the Icelandic heave!

IMO Ian lays out a good part of the reason for the collapse and says letting the bank crash is not the end of the world. No reason to bailout the crooked bankers!

gotta say I agree another real american with no voice on the mainstream enjoy

edit on 23-6-2011 by UcDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
we need this to spread to America and here in Canada too its way past time we kick out the bankers and vote politicians who represent us into office!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
People are starting to see what it means to lose your country and nationality, your identity and your persona and those of your children to the elite ruling the global banks in the world they don't give two rat arses about the people as long as they get to increase their wealth.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

yep but most of us in America and Canada are still clueless I just hope we wake up before we lose it all.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
It's so funny, its such an emperor's-new-clothes trip: All you have to do to make the banker curse go away as a nation is to just say...no.

Iceland did it. Maybe Greece would do it. Maybe it's the trickle that turns into a flood. We can hope so.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
those lasers could be very useful in a demonstration...imagine 10000 people shining those things into the eyes of the 'security' forces..

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's so funny, its such an emperor's-new-clothes trip: All you have to do to make the banker curse go away as a nation is to just say...no.

Funny as!

BEGONE BANKER!

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Hopefully things settle down rather than getting worse.

I also see the protesters have now learned plenty about "non-lethal" weapons. And they're just as willing to use them as the authorities were earlier. (Not that surprising, since some are of them are actually very cheap, readily available, and easily concealable. Which makes them useful when it comes to an asymmetrical confrontation. Maybe better than wielding molotovs an stones in some ways.)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

we need this to spread to America and here in Canada too its way past time we kick out the bankers and vote politicians who represent us into office!

You already have politicians that do represent the majority opinion of the people.

You wanted them to bring Federal dollars to your local area for all those projects that you should have funded locally.
If you exclude the Federal interstates, why should the country as a whole pay one penny for your local bridges and roadways?
Why should the country as a whole pay one penny to your local schools?

The list goes on and on. Your politicians steered the money. You accepted the money. You spent the money.

So how can you say your politicians don't represent you?

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Having spent the last weekend in Ireland it became very obvious to me the amount of Concern and discontentment the Irish population currently have......
In the UK, there are talk of strikes and people losing their jobs intermixed with the same old celebrity crap in the news....... HOWEVER in Ireland the News broadcasts and radio shows are ALL about the Economy !!

It made me think that we in the UK (the general population) are still WAY BEHIND understanding the bigger picture here......

I personnally believe that Greece is on the verge of a peoples revolution, a revolution borne out of dis-satisfaction with their leaders BUT the Greek people also need to understand that by being part of a 'Federal' Europe then they have to let go of retirement at 54 Yrs of age and actually becomae more willing to pay for what they take for-granted....

I saw it in Ireland that the People KNOW more and actually accept that things have to change BUT the problem there is that those at the top & in power seem unwilling to 'burst their own little bubbles' (salaries & benefits) and start to create a more fair and sharing society............

I also noticed today that the International Banking community is demanding that Interest Rates go up (as they would & should have been allowed to do) and NOT be artifically surpressed by TPTB............. When they do then things will get Worse before they get better BUT we need to STOP putting things off otherwise it will be more painfull later on....

PDUK

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

It's their eempire, not your country. They build up an empire, then collapse it a few hundred (sometimes longer) years later. They've been doing it since Egypt. That's when the first currency debasement occured. Think outsourcing and immigration are a new phenomenon?

top topics

join