It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen an Alien

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have seen an Alien Before.

I was sleeping in my bed one night, and there was a bright light outside my window. I tried to get up but I couldnt, it was as if there was a force holding me down. There infront of me, at the window, inside my room, were three small grey beings. Theyre skin seemed almost rubbery and theyre eyes were pitch dark. Next thing I knew I was up in their ship, laying on a table as they looked at me, as if just examining my reactions, I was scared like crazy, I wanted to run and scream my lungs out, but I couldnt, I couldnt move, I could only blink, but even if I closed my eyes I could still see them in my mind...

...Now, in reality, I never saw any alien lifeform, but many people claim they have. But heres the question, has anybody ever REALLY seen an alien? Alot of alien abduction cases are similar to the "Old Hag" sleep paralyzes cases. Alot of people that claim that they have been abducted get interviews and temporary fame. So heres the question, has any alien abduction or Alien sighting ever actually have been real? Any creative story-teller or writer (and theres plenty) can make up a good alien story, and without any physical proof, I just wonder how we can ever really believe in any alien abduction case.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, most cases you find are pretty stupid, but there are plenty of cases where there is alot of evidence surrounding them that really bolster them. You should read into it a bit.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
How can anybody believe any human abduction cases either? Most often if a person is released after being abducted, there is zero physical evidence left on the victim. Most often physical traces are left only in incidents where kidnap victims are killed and physical traces have not yet left the still corpse.

I think abduction cases are a bad way to go about proving ET visitation though. Besides the lack of physical evidence, there are far better methods of finding out the truth of the matter by going deeper into government documented UFO incidents. Although this has yet to happen, if it would, far more results would be produced than speculating about alien abduction.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
How can anybody believe any human abduction cases either? Most often if a person is released after being abducted, there is zero physical evidence left on the victim. Most often physical traces are left only in incidents where kidnap victims are killed and physical traces have not yet left the still corpse.

I think abduction cases are a bad way to go about proving ET visitation though. Besides the lack of physical evidence, there are far better methods of finding out the truth of the matter by going deeper into government documented UFO incidents. Although this has yet to happen, if it would, far more results would be produced than speculating about alien abduction.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by heelstone]

I forget where the post is, but there is a post somewhere (Prolly the Military Bases forum) here on ats concerning a top officer from Dulce talking about a type of weapon which can be used to modify memories. Maybe the human abductions are really kidnappings, where the government experiments on them, and uses that gun to remove all the from the person's memory, giving some false info abt being probed

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
One could find quite a few good uses for that mind thing.

But really, your mind is an amazing thing. I figure that most visitations and abductions are just blocked from our minds, by our minds. My family is renowned for blocking things out. We can all be talking of the time when we were camping and everyone laughs and adds to the conversation then, my mom pipes up that she has NO recollection of camping at all. It is a defense mechanism of our minds to block out very bad experiences.

This link is about repressing memories in children.
www.mindbodysoul.com...

I have never met anyone, nor known of anyone personally who having an abduction experience. I am a bit of a fence sitter on this one. On one hand I can't disprove these experiences, on the other I am always floored by what the mind is able to do.

LO

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
my aunty had the same thing when she woke up and heard a loud buzzing noise and couldnt move and she looked out the widow and saw a white light. She looke around her bedroom and saw these tall long fugure she shut her eyes quickly and she was in pain when the noise stopped she could move again but today she does not know if it was a dream or not. but she said it felt really real .

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I could make up a detailed story about a war, or space travel, or African wildlife, or anything else that I may or may not have experienced.

In the end it has no affect on whether it has happened or not, its just a story. How are you meant to know if it is true?

Your argument is flawed.

Most alien stories are not falsifiable. Those with a little evidence such as markings on the body or landing patches don't tell us anything about aliens. You wouldn't be able to go one way or another until you had an experience yourself, and then no one else would believe your story anyway.

Its just one of things that can't be addressed in a scientific manner at this point in time, and maybe not ever.

[edit on 6-10-2008 by seenitall]

[edit on 6-10-2008 by seenitall]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
i have dealt with a LOT of sleep paralysis in my life and I have NEVER encountered any aliens and I always have absolute FULL visual recollection of everything that occured.

i have experienced being dragged from my bed by a force, my body still on the bed, me horizontal to the floor but no beings were involved that i could see.

the one time that is even remotely close to an 'alien' type experience is when i saw a figure shrouded in grey at the foot of my bed. and that is IT, the figure did nothing, and i did not see ANY details.

however, the other night i did have an encounter (during my sleep paralysis) with a young native american woman, now that's a total first. have never even dreamt about native americans before.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Some abduction cases are better than others... like some of the early reports such as Betty & Barney Hill when there wasn't a preconceived idea of what an abduction was. Most of that report is very intriguing on a number of levels!

Since then, a solid template has been formed on what is involved in the alien abduction experience. This pollutes the the 'signal to noise' ratio to a very large degree. Subsequently, it's nigh on impossible to separate the wheat from the chaff.

It's not hard for anyone mildly creative to fabricate a story that ticks all the boxes... and people certainly do that, as much as they misinterpret a simple dream or sleep paralysis - be it consciously or not.

However, having said that, I personally believe that there is a small nucleus of reports that are probably factual. The rest is just "me too" pop culture gone mad.

We can blame the X-Files and similar programs for a lot of this phenomena because they made it cool and mainstream! The book Communion by Whitley Strieber probably contributed as well.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.

IRM

posted on Feb, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
aliens are wierd and they scare me but i do believe that they exist although i havent seen one. i think that they are just like us but only woth differnt futures.

top topics

join