It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suppose you wanted millions of slaves for yourselves and your descendants.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
How would you go about it?

Would creating a religion or a political system work? Which would be the wisest choice?

A political system might work, but only in the short term because political systems rise and fall, and it's not always predictable when that will happen.

On the other hand, a religion would transcend any political system.

But in order to gain sufficient power, it would have to first be aligned with a host political system in order to gain political power. Now, who could that be? I need to brush up on my history. I seem to remember an emperor converting to christianity, many many moons ago, as a political expediency.

However, the ideal would be a system that evolved into a fused religious and political system. Hmmmm. Who does that sound like? Let.... me.... think. I'm sure it will come to me, sooner or later. It starts with a "V"...

So, what to make of this religion? How can millions upon millions of people be convinced to voluntarily enslave themselves? How can we do that?

I know! We'll write the Word Of GOD! (insert loud thunder sound here)

We'll take a bunch of old books, along with some newer works of fiction (even if we have to write them ourselves), and sort through them to find proper teachings, If we can't find exactly what we want then we'll just add it to those books. It's not like anyone will figure it out LOL!

It will be taught that gods word is infallible and perfect!

Oh I am BRILLIANT! Someone pat me on the back and tell me what a genius I am! If you're a pretty brunette or blonde, do feel free to give me a big kiss (or more...) in gratitude!

Now, what can we make sure to emphasize in those books?

1) Obey the priest caste! They are at the top of the hierarchy. Give plenty of stories about the unfortunates that had the unmitigated gall to disobey the "anointed men of god", as a lesson to take to heart. Make sure that there is plenty of death, disease etc. Make it gruesome!

2) Fill it with suicidal advice. Make people think not of this life, but the next! Make them give away their wealth to us, and call it a tithe. But that is not enough. We need more than a measly 10% of their gross (not net)! We must encourage even more donations in order to "help the needy" and "spread gods word" (LOL!). Encourage the slaves to leave what little property they have to us upon their deaths.

Of course we won't pay taxes on this.

Oh my! I am ON A ROLL HERE! This is good stuff!!!!

3) Punishment must always be in the back of the slaves mind, should he decide to choose for himself what to believe. The more sadistic, the better. But, HERE"S the KICKER! We will call this "gods perfect justice"!

Don't you just love this?

I think I'm on to something!

Anyone want to be a priest?
edit on 22-6-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Is there a valid point to this or is it a sarcastic troll? Im seeing it come off that way with the message "i dont believe in absurd religion and heres some interesting satire why" I get your point, but it doesn't bring the thread to a good start.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

Living in a Solar "System" with everything lined up precisely and wittingly mathematically.....so is our Planet and the "System" that is in place here is all the same. Its a planned, present, future, and past all wrapped up in one we call Reality. lol

Look.....we have to have a "system" to control not only population but the population itself on an individual level and that is the plan and order to which we live. Otherwise there would be no humans to hang out with because we would all kill each other and create havoc with anything and everything if "it" were not in place.

I would be careful to mock any religion or system at this hour for we are seeing the words... "historic", "never before seen", "extinction", and so on lol

My point is ....well.....The Earth is changing my friend and take heed with whats going on around you. It's not looking good as our Governments around the globe care more about a manipulative and greedy "system" rather than a humble system in regards to the planet we live on and the energies we humans put out...is coming back to annihilate us!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by topherman420
Is there a valid point to this or is it a sarcastic troll?

I'll split the difference and call it a sarcastically expressed valid point.

It's church history, like it or not.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by LHP666

Look.....we have to have a "system" to control not only population but the population itself on an individual level and that is the plan and order to which we live. Otherwise there would be no humans to hang out with because we would all kill each other and create havoc with anything and everything if "it" were not in place.

Do you need a religion to tell you that murder is wrong?

It's religions that are causing death and destruction, not atheists/agnostics etc.

And how is it that there are atheists posting here? Why haven't they murdered each other already? If it takes a religion to say that murder is wrong (and yet there is plenty of god ordained murder in the 'good book)', then there should be no more atheists. Right?

We don't need a controlling system. Those doing the controlling are corrupt.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh good... another "religion was/is an evil plot to enslave the gullible drones and it's responsible for everything bad in the world but I'm not gullible so there" thread...

My favorite.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

you are right on the money, friend

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

So, what to make of this religion? How can millions upon millions of people be convinced to voluntarily enslave themselves? How can we do that?

maybe so far it was too easy to be guided by religion, to be a sheep, especially as long it also felt reasonably comfortable sitting in government’s lap. it is hard and tough to be out there on your own.

but i am convinced that government and religion came to such a fake extend by now and are making it worse by the week, that it gets even the laziest out of a comfort zone that is rotting and pushes us take responsibility. and that is a good thing!

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666

Originally posted by topherman420
Is there a valid point to this or is it a sarcastic troll?

I'll split the difference and call it a sarcastically expressed valid point.

It's church history, like it or not.

Okay, we arent all brainwashed fundamentalists and many of us here know the obvious, atheist, agnostic, catholics alike. It's just normally you see that sort of post later in the thread when it derails and breaks down into personal insults from both sides and there is nothing pertinent left to be said that hasn't been said before.
Im an atheist and I agree on some of the absurdity of religion, but im not going to beat a dead horse about it.
edit on 22-6-2011 by topherman420 because: forgot a word

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by topherman420

It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have the political power that they have now.

Their lives are in order(!) and so they feel free to butt into others lives.

If they would leave people alone, what would be the problem? None that I can think of.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by bestintentions
that it gets even the laziest out of a comfort zone that is rotting and pushes us take responsibility. and that is a good thing!

Agreed. It's getting harder and harder to stay on that comfort zone. But there are still a lot of people staying there.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

Ignorant people IN religion causing death and instruction.*

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

If you want people to follow you, you send some Angels, some holy texts, and tell people to follow the rules. You tell them if you be my servant, you shall be granted x. If not y. Follow simple rules, and do not follow the world, the current temptation and test I built for you. You shall be sent warners and messengers, and the planet which you will live in will talk back and warn you in various ways.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This sounds like an anti or ex-mormon? Can you tell me? Please? I would gladly join you....

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So, is there a point to this?

Why isn't this thread in Rants?

Eric

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

If I wanted millions of slaves for myself not just now, but for all eternity I'd teach them "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666

Originally posted by MamaJ
reply to post by LHP666

Do you need a religion to tell you that murder is wrong?

It's religions that are causing death and destruction, not atheists/agnostics etc.

And how is it that there are atheists posting here? Why haven't they murdered each other already? If it takes a religion to say that murder is wrong (and yet there is plenty of god ordained murder in the 'good book)', then there should be no more atheists. Right?

We don't need a controlling system. Those doing the controlling are corrupt.

Everyone who goes to Church who is true to themselves wants to be there. No Sheep, non of that.

And btw Atheist have killed plenty people and the world will end by communism and nuclear warheads and biological gases as predicted by saints and God. So who created those weapons? not Christians.

idol Godless minds create our destruction, not sound doctrine which God taught.

For you to tell billions of souls. "Gods BS, get out of false religion yadda yadda....... you are doing the controlling and the dictatorship. And stop creating threads that give you a false sense of security that god's false, like a little pat pat on your back..

later OP. take care.
edit on 22-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Now let me get to your 3 points.

1.Obey the priest caste! They are at the top of the hierarchy. Give plenty of stories about the unfortunates that had the unmitigated gall to disobey the "anointed men of god", as a lesson to take to heart. Make sure that there is plenty of death, disease etc. Make it gruesome!

They were to busy writing what they seen rather than making up stories, which is why we are where we are today. If their hierarchy didn't succeed would Christianity be successful as it is? Or Jerusalem exist? Where were the adversaries and how come they didn't stop their lies and story making? I'll tell you where they were. The stories are true and they lost in battle.

2) Fill it with suicidal advice. Make people think not of this life, but the next! Make them give away their wealth to us, and call it a tithe. But that is not enough. We need more than a measly 10% of their gross (not net)! We must encourage even more donations in order to "help the needy" and "spread gods word" (LOL!). Encourage the slaves to leave what little property they have to us upon their deaths.

Of course we won't pay taxes on this.

Oh my! I am ON A ROLL HERE! This is good stuff!!!!

Noone said give away your wealth to us. matter of fact scripture teaches the exact opposite. The hierarchy are supposed to be the poor ones according to God in scripture. Like I said ages ago on here. My friend is a sacrastine. All the money at our Church goes to homeless orginizations and church repairs. This is a fact. Will some fake protestants give on tv and shout to earn some money from weak people? Yea. who doesn't take advantage of certain things? Doesn't mean the core teachings teach that.

you're blowing smoke.

3) Punishment must always be in the back of the slaves mind, should he decide to choose for himself what to believe. The more sadistic, the better. But, HERE"S the KICKER! We will call this "gods perfect justice"!

Don't you just love this?

I think I'm on to something!

Anyone want to be a priest?

Yea I wanna be a preist and you haven't changed my mind one damn bit. So punishment doesn't exist? That's it? Evil gets away with all hell of evil acts? No punishment for big companies stealing money in the stock market? No punishment for evil on any level? So according to you let everyone out of jail? WHY?

Because the constitution and our laws are based on the ten commandments, so screw that. it's control!!! I tell ya!!! control!!...

Why can't I chose what to believe? I wanna be an axe murderer. I wanna rob stores all dall. I wanna run up to a stranger and throw a rock at his head.

who's to tell me I can't chose my own ways?

OR

could it be that the laws and commandments are based on love?

Love succeeds freewill that's evil...

remember that,

peace.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruthh

Now let me get to your 3 points.

And now I'll get to yours

They were to busy writing what they seen rather than making up stories, which is why we are where we are today.

They wrote what they saw?
Perhaps '___' isn't a recent invention after all.

Here you go, there's plenty of what they saw, right here.

If their hierarchy didn't succeed would Christianity be successful as it is?

I addressed that when I wrote "But in order to gain sufficient power, it would have to first be aligned with a host political system in order to gain political power." That is exactly what happened.

Of course I could have also added how you christians used that political power and religious fervor to murder your competition. There were several inquisitions, not just the Spanish one. Thank Satan that you didn't get the job done. The burning times are over.

Noone said give away your wealth to us. matter of fact scripture teaches the exact opposite.

Of course they are not going to say that directly because they know that would be counterproductive. They just constantly seek more and more donations, and it is always for an "urgent" need. Without that false sense of urgency, they wouldn't get that money. They use salesmanship.

I dont care about your church or how exceptional it is.

This is for everyone: The next time your church, or some MSM ministry has a fundraiser, ask to see the churches financial records. You have a right to see where your money is going, right? Do it, and observe their reaction to your reasonable demand. See exactly what it is that you're paying for. Just make sure that it's itemized so they can't hide anything.

Why can't I chose what to believe? I wanna be an axe murderer. I wanna rob stores all dall. I wanna run up to a stranger and throw a rock at his head.

who's to tell me I can't chose my own ways?

Your predecessors did that, and more. Much more. They got away with it. "gods" law didn't stop them. It enabled them. It's all in who's doing it, right?

could it be that the laws and commandments are based on love?

What love?
Next time you see an attractive member of the opposite sex, walk up to that person and say "You will love me or I will soak you in gasoline and set you on fire". See how far that gets you. That is what your 'god' demands. It is entirely within your gods character to do. Hell, that 'god' has done worse than that.

Love succeeds freewill that's evil...

If it takes a religion to keep you from being an ax murderer, then perhaps it's a Good Thing that you don't have freewill.

Freewill isn't evil.

It's interesting how christians loathe freewill, as if they think they will be mass murderers if they exercise that freewill. Or is that an admission that freewill was exercised in the past and christians were mass murderers? Is that why you're afraid of it? Is it because you know that you are capable of doing that?

Is it because although the burning times are over, but your love of mass murder is still there in the shadows, that you instead wait for your 'god' to do the dirty work of murdering damn near everyone on this planet? Is that what you christians look forward to? At least your christian ancestors had the guts to do the murdering themselves.

edit on 23-6-2011 by LHP666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

I personally do not need anything to know right from wrong....society that we live in determines that as we grow into a toddler and then a small child and then into adult hood.

There will always be a need for a "system" with population like we have. Back thousands of years ago there was not as many people as there is today.

Everything evolves.....even our "systems". Ours just happens to have evolved in an evil manner. Too bad the majority of our leaders didn't have religion in their hearts for if they did....maybe that would have steered their hearts toward loving mankind..... instead.......they are annihilating us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join