It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How are planes made stealth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
all of ya all said that there cant be any straight angles right? so what if they are round??

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Funny enough, the best pure shape for radar stealth is saucer shaped

Chew on that one for a while

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Round angles are allowed to a certain extent if the curved part of the airplane like if the cone of the nose is a perfect bullet shape. This will reflect Radar waves from all angles cuz its round. And yup a saucer is the perfect shape for a stealth plane. still think they have gray men in them

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
With the declassification of the F-117 14 yrs ago told me that something bigger was on the drawing boards at Skunkworks. With the unveiling of the F-22 tells the public of an even more sophisticated craft. Well, here it is. The next generation stealth aircraft is a low-profile, ultrasmooth-contoured, semi-diamond-shaped craft that utilizes materials w/memory actuators within its wing structures to "warp" the wings to get the desired flight control which is done presently with ailerons. This new craft will look unusual because it doesn't have the usual horizontal or vertical controls where the empenage should be. there will be very little metal used in its construction (2-3%). Composites and ceramics will be the primary materials used in the construction of the fuselage,wings and engine. Should be ready for test flight (if not already) by the end of the year,2004.

P.S. When I say semi-diamond shaped, think of an American type football cut in half along its axis with a lowered profile. (Sorry, can't give any pictures at this time.)

[edit on 18/8/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Funny enough, the best pure shape for radar stealth is saucer shaped

Chew on that one for a while

Research had been coducted on saucer-shaped crafts and it is true that this shape is the most stealthy. The problem was in its control, stability and agility. This is all being overcome with recent discoveries by applying high-temperature super-conductors in its design.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Hey, what is that football/diamond stealth craft you are talking about based on? Personal opinion, or some kind of fact(s)?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Hey, what is that football/diamond stealth craft you are talking about based on? Personal opinion, or some kind of fact(s)?

Black Projects at Area 51. The shape is what I thought it looked more or less like. I got to see a site on it several months ago, but now I can't seem to pull it up.

I'm still looking for the picture I'd seen, as soon as I get it, I'll post it.

Found a drawing, didn't save the address, lost it because I had to re-install my software, but here's another link that may be of interest:
www.dreamlandresort.com...

The football/diamond shape is a difficult tracking project. The picture I'd seen has been a couple of years ago. It incorporated quite a few advanced concepts (e.g. wing warping, memory metals, ceramic turbines etc...) into one aircraft design as an advanced-X.
If there is any additional info, please tack on.
Out

[edit on 3/9/04 by Intelearthling]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join