It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont tell me people are not ready ..there will be no mass panic

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

Yes , people are ready to know the truth about ufos, but what if aliens planning to attack the earth and now thay are just checking our defence systems.maybe thats why they dont want to tell us.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kauskau

There's always someone who panics.
If aliens turned up tomorrow there will be certain groups of people who will panic bigtime.

I wouldn't but other people will.
edit on 26/6/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
i suspect that if this does happen, it will be worldwide and instant. there may be
mechanisms or technology available to render any human hostile act (to each other or them)
through panic, fear etc inert. we have just begun to tap the mind and it would be feasible
to consider that a certain frequency planetwide would render any negative reactions, again,
inert.
current lifestyles would never be the same again. it would be a global excercise in
re-education and possibly the unblocking of positive higher functions to reset and deal
with the legacy of what has been inflicted on both the human and environmental areas.
if it turns out malevolent then good luck to all.

to solarm. i suspect all human systems can and will be circumvented. if i have rationalised
this correctly, they could have thoroughly observed us from the word go.
the only tricky area that comes to mind is www.ufoevidence.org...
according to the report, a great battle occured in the skies witnessed by many.
f
edit on 26-6-2011 by fakedirt because: r

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
We would need information about the 'aliens' before we could say whether there would be mass panic or not. As it stands, we're talking about an abstraction. As such, all predictions are meaningless.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The mass public is not ready and will not be ready for a long time. People still have underlying racial issues not just black and white but also regional (I.E. Asian/Caucasian) and this is within our own race.

There would also be distrust of an alien race even if their intentions were peaceful because they would posses technology hundreds of years in advance of our own and a fear that our governments couldn't protect us if their intentions were conquest.

If the aliens were to give any technology as a gift or offer to sell any technology, even something like free energy or a cure for cancer would prove disastrous to the current world economy's.

If the US Government announced today that they have been contacted by an alien race there would be many questions of how long has the government known of the aliens etc.

This is all speculation and until an alien craft lands at the white house being filmed by CNN nobody can actually predict how the mass media and public will react.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
^ The thing is once having entered into the realm of lies,. they have no motivaiton to reveal it 'because people would panic' more like because they count on this truth never coming forward thus people to not ask now why hidden for so long.

I don't think the everyday videos posted here are real, if you wanna look for real, check things recorded or seen by more than one person. But I'm also not an ignorant person who doesn't distinguish fake from witnesses who are wayy too many and recorded on radio or video and sound having seen something different, not to be dismissed.

But truth comes out, eventually. All the # they are telling us now as if they are hidding something but it is all normal... right when so many people have reported things.. Truth will come out and those responsible for hiding it should be linched

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
While I applaud the OP's faith in humanity, I find it somewhat misplaced. And I say this only because at present America and the UK are currently engaged in a war on terror.

A war. On terror.

Now, a lot of people don't support the war or, indeed, even believe there's as much of a threat as our leaders make out. But there is still a substantial number of people who do...a number that outweighs those who have seen through it.
Now think about this. These millions of people are currently in support of a war on terror. They are also the same people who cheer and clap when their leaders tell them that they will save them from oppression, or tyranny. Vague boogeymen that require no analysis.
Now imagine these same millions of people are confronted with an actual alien spaceship and verifiable evidence that aliens are here and they're gonna have to deal with it.

In all honesty, I think the reaction is dependant on who discloses the information. If a regular guy is abducted by aliens, asked to be an ambassador for their people, and sent back to pave the way and make the announcement I honestly think it wouldn't be that much of a riot.
If the government were to make the announcement first however, in a speech littered and riddled with more vague boogeymen and unquantifiable dangers panic would be imminent.

The regular guy saying "People! I've met these guys and they're awesome. They've got so much to teach us so ignore the extra eye and seven extra fingers and look at this!" is a lot less rabble rousing than some slimy politician telling us how they're weapons are millennia ahead of ours and will help keep us safe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join