It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Summer Solstice at Stonehenge – in Pictures:

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It's nice how people flock to Stonehenge to celebrate the arrival of the Summer Solstice; but what if the
creators of Stonehenge created it for a reason unrelated to astronomy. People may just be wrongly attributing this place to hold some type of cosmological significance when it could have been say...a temple, a home, a meeting grounds, etc. Still, it's a good place to hold a celebration for the coming of summer, and for the sun being at its farthest point from Earth.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

No subscriptions - No Fees - Membership to OBOD is free. Unlike other recieved religions no collections.
I am a Druid through and through and have been for many a year. Do you generally attack other peoples beliefs or do you just like to troll. Generally people who are interested in Druidry are drawn to it. Why attack what you clearly do not understand.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I love how a lot of people qualify what is a religious experience ONLY BY THEIR own idea of what is a religious experience.

Dudes, as a pagan, if I worshiped the same way you did, I would not be a pagan.
I don't see a fight as anything that disrupts anything sacred. Young men fighting with their fists in a personal fight at Stonehenge is a LOT better to me than Christian Embassy supporting global wars in the name of Christ in the pentagon.

In fact, we have a lot of RITUAL fights. IE Oak King Vrs Holly King.
It's fun. Round one: FIGHT

Ethnocentric much?
edit on 23-6-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Maaan I haven't been to that in a few years & im glad.
Since they put those lights up the atmosphere has changed.

Special place in my heart nonetheless... timeless

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by havok
My one question is this:

With all the talk about lately about the sun being misaligned...
Did it rise exactly where it was supposed to?
Or was it off a few degrees?

That's my question.
(rhetorical slightly)

No what it was is that the little ball ontop of the summer stone wasnt engulphed like every year so we THINK its off by a few degries.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join