It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12 Things That the Mainstream Media is Being Strangely Quiet About Right Now

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Ventessa

Your being sarcastic right? The oceans are 5/6 of this planet, or roughly 83%. I dont think they are going anywhere anytime soon.
Read the book "State of Fear". Michael Crichton. A great book. It will explain, in a fictional story, how our current media and politicians are driving fear into the masses in order to seize more power and control to goverment. Its a great read and you will not be disappointed.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The title of this should be the top 100 things the media is quiet about simply because the media doesnt cover anything correctly that is going on other than presidential debates and politics oh and stories they find interesting to smear somone..When in fact the media should be covering 1.How Obama is leading the United States to a meltdown 2.George Soros is waiting with open arms for the United States to fall and what moves he will make when that happens..3.No one seems to give a crap that Greece is about to fail as a country and what it means to us.4 How all the spread of Democracy in Egypt and all these other countries that are supposedly protesting against there goverments is a fraud when in fact its a push for Islam to take over and rule the middle east and yes I am talking about Radical Islam..I could keep going and going with this but the point is the media like it or not is controlled in one way or another cause if it wasnt we all wouldnt have to come here to ATS to tell whats really going on

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crymouth

We currently enjoy near complete freedom using the internet and we can keep ourselves informed and can spread word with impunity. What if the internet was somehow censored / controlled? This would drastically limit our freedoms and would play easily into TPTB's hands would it not?

I agree and i would add that alot of information on the internet is already censored or modified, i think TPTB is using disinformant agents to control informations and hide alot of it, so we have to be fast and smart to find the '' REAL '' Truth...

The possibility that soon TPTB could pull the plug on the existing internet to replace it by a internet 2 web with less freedom of speech is a reality...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

I'm not being sarcastic. Have you not seen anything at all about the mass extinction to come? We have one generation to fix this, or many species in the ocean will no longer exist. We over fish them to feed ourselves. We dump chemicals in the water that kill all the little ocean critters, or make them very sick. If you were a dolphin, would you want to live in water that was polluted with nuclear waste, laundry detergent, dissolved pills and medications, weapons from war that have chemicals in them that have rusted through and leaked into the water...I could go on and on. It's no wonder they were beaching themselves on purpose. I wouldn't want to swim in that muck either. Just because the oceans are vast, doesn't mean a large part of them haven't been contaminated with our CRAP.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Interesting thread. The FAA listing does appear odd but I'm wondering if there are only so many 2011 restrictions and so few 2010 to 2008 ones because we are in the current year. If you look at the 2008 to 2010 ones, they are still in affect. In other words, their end date is still undeclared. I think thats the reason it looks so unbalanced. There are probably a hundred restrictions throughout any given year but most all have a small window and they are released.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Except for point 1 and 3, all other are pure fear-mongering and twisting of facts by uneducated people, making the article in its whole complete bs. But I won't do the research for anyone else, you can all do it by yourselves, and I don't care much if the most of you decide to live a life full of fear for tomorrow and a continous feeling of being decepted by your own governments. Truth is, it's up to every single one of us to lift this curtain of deception, and it's quite easy - it's called personal research. So, I choose not to think what the MSM tells me to think, thank you very much. And ATS falls in this cathegory big time, as well.

Oh, can I make a prediction? The next thing in near future we'll be refering to as idiot box (the TV now) will be the Internet! Wanna bet? Edit to add - after a few thoughts I realised it's already considered such, so the bet's off.

Also, a note for all of you "changers", "evolutionists", etc. - it's time you should lift the curtain of your blind belief that we live in special times and are blessed or cursed by this fact. Every single one of us is special, but none of the people living in current days is even a tiny bit more special than someone living in the 1950s. Why? Because I think it's time many of you people woke up for the simple fact that life is all about change and development, and this has never stopped, ever since the first single-celled organisms emerged on Earth. The gap between two separate transitions is a transition in itself so basically one could say that change and transition are actions with no start-end points. To think we're living in somewhat special and different times than any of the past times is pure ego-food, and you enlightened, open-minded souls out there should start acting as such, IMO... Otherwise, you appear as quite the opposite.

There are no interesting times, because all times are interesting.
edit on 21-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by ch1n1t0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

Over the weekend, Prof. Wayne Pennington, a geologist from Michigan Technological University, went out to the site. He says the ridge that formed around the crack suggests an earthquake that was simply too small for seismographs in the area to detect.
Cracks in Michigan
another report

How can a quake that is too small for seismographs to detect cause a 120 foot long, 5 foot deep crack in the Earth? Seriously?
edit on 6/20/2011 by amaster because: new link added

hollow pocket in the crust maybe, just a guess. Kinda like if you inflate a baloon under sand then pop it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

WOW. You have bought in to everything you have heard. Your right, to a point. But not to the point you’re trying to drive at. Do you read? If so, pick up a book from time to time, a newspaper, a magazine, and start to form ideas for yourself, draw conclusions, do not swallow everything your professor, parents, friends, media give you. That is why this website is here. To stay clear of normal corrupted media outlets. I’m not trying to be a jerk, but honestly trying to help. Here is another great book. If I was next to you, I would buy it for you, it’s that good.
You have been fed so much, so have I. It’s hard not to accept everything you here. But again, that is a part of the medias strategy. Ever hear that saying, "If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it", (Joseph Goebbels- Hitler's master of propaganda) , that is what is going on in the media today. Best of luck to you and hope your read this book.

"Lies My Teacher Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong"
sundown.afro.illinois.edu...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
How about I learn from personal experience? I have moved from here to Texas all my life. I have spent a lot of time in the gulf of mexico. I've seen the pollution first hand. I have seen trash wash ashore with sea life tangle in it. I have seen birds covered in oil. I have stepped on tar balls, and seen the beach with lots of oil spots. I've also stepped on those pointy metal beer caps from time to time. I haven't "bought into" anything. I do read about things like this. What I DON'T buy into, is the idea that it's all just a poo poo platter being spoon fed to me by a bunch of evil men making Dr. Evil faces and petting their furless kitties with an evil snicker. Like I said, I've seen it first hand.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Good link and summary of what we should be seeing on the news.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Good for you. Now you will see how life goes on. It evolves, it survives, it finds a way. Yes, we all need to contribute in bettering our environment. But like I said in my first post, the ocean is not going anywhere anytime soon. And if you have a solution for no more oil, let’s hear it, because the last time I checked, the whole planet runs on it. And without it, you would see a end of the world scenario like you can’t imagine. Sad but true.

As far as the Gulf oil spill. That is very ironic. The very people who think they are helping the environment (Democrats) are the ones that help contribute to that oil spill, that made those companies set up operations so far of coast because they thought it would be safer, that now the companies are dealing with deeper waters, more dangerous conditions, and riskier business. Leading to the oil spill in the gulf, and the inability to fix it quickly because of the deep waters. I find it so ironic.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I feel like I'm being led off topic. I was trying to get at the point that the media DIDN'T report on it enough. I wanted to hear more about it, and I feel like they should be taking it more seriously. I don't care about Mr. Weiners weiner. I care about the planet I live on, and how all of earths amazing little creatures are getting along. That's the point I wanted to make in this thread. With that said, I'm moving along. Everyone have a good day.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Does the number 9 unreported News report rings a bell? Because it sounds like the game Homefront.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 20-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

I have just recent started playing that game. It is a very disturbing game, but i think it brings to light the fact that it could happen, and we should be prepared. I find it funny... 11 days after the nuclear disaster..the game was released, referencing the disaster IN the game. Last i checked it takes many months to code a videogame, and would take some time to add that in. So was it already coded in the game before?

Forget coding, manufacture was in process way before 11 days of product release. Kinda suspicious. I havent played the game at all, but if it indeed talks about the disaster and was indeed released 11 days after, then either they are amazing with predictions (possibly in coincidence) or knew what was up.

Originally posted by ohhwataloser

Nah each gaming company has it's own tools to add/edit things, Changing some text takes less than 5 minutes, making an animation video takes less than an hour. if the game was already finished, adding content takes no time at all, whats takes up 95% of the time is developing tools to make the game and getting the engine running the way you want, after that its all cake and testing.

This is true to an extent, BUT, you are not taking into account manufacture and prep for distribution. March 12th is when BBC did the report on the explosion caused by the EQ at Fukushima BBC link And Homefront was released in North America on March 15th. Wiki, sorry

So the process you are entertaining would mean that in the time frame of 2 days, they need to

1. Add it into the video game itself. (like you said, not that difficult with a full team, just need to do art, audio and video coding)

2. Give it a test. Just to make sure the new codes dont interact in a negative way with the preexisting codes.

3. Send it for disc manufacture. This is where that theory falls out of place a bit. It surely takes a substantial amount of time to do this esecially when you look at the numbers.... HomeFront sales

THQ has announced that its big new FPS IP, Homefront has done rather well at retail during its first week on sale, shipping 2.4 million units in North American, Asia Pacific and European markets, selling over 1 million copies of the game to date in the process.

4. Then these discs had to be inserted into the cases, which to be fair were already designed and produced.

5. then shrink wrapped.

6. Then divided into shipments to distributions partners. Walmart, EB games, GameStop, ect. All around the world. Remember 2.4 million copys.

7. Overnight shipping is a blessing and very expensive but it definitely would have needed to be used.

All of this within 2 days. So, it is very curious to say the least.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Everything that's happening in Nebraska at Ft. Calhoun is because of the major flooding we have in this area right now. This has also not been a big deal on the national news, even though huge parts of Interstate 29 and 680 are closed due to literally feet of water covering them. Thousands of people have been evacuated from their homes, and the Missouri river isn't expected to recede until at least August. I think it's ridiculous that this isn't being broadcast more seriously, but I can't say I'm surprised!

Link including stories of flooding and pictures.
siouxcityjournal.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kellynap43

. But like I said in my first post, the ocean is not going anywhere anytime soon.

She didn't say the ocean was going anywhere. She said the sea creatures are being killed off with the pollution and contamination. This is true, and you are not looking at the big picture and how that contamination is going to affect humanity.

And if you have a solution for no more oil, let’s hear it, because the last time I checked, the whole planet runs on it. And without it, you would see a end of the world scenario like you can’t imagine. Sad but true.

There ARE alternatives to oil, and many of them have been discussed here on ATS. Yes, it would definitely be a world scenario like you can't imagine if we could use an alternative to oil.....the world would be a much better place. Greed for oil has caused great suffering on this planet.

I get the impression you're one of those who prefers to sit back and pretend like things are fine as long as you don't have to see any of the ramifications in your own lifetime. I can only imagine what conditions we'd be living in today if everyone throughout history had lived with that philosophy.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Everything is going in stages and those stages are increasingly getting closer. The price of gas will begin to soar and shortly after that a special announcement will be addressed to the people explaining and mandating that there is only enough for the governments, military and their personal infrastructures. Civilians will not be allowed to use it at that point. After that they will make it illegal for civilians to use any of the highways and public vehicle roads.

Sometimes, we can get a little carried away with our conspiracy beliefs. I think this is one of those cases.

If we are not allowed to use gasoline for our cars and are restricted from public highways, we cannot do the things that generate profit for those in power. If they didn't need us, they could've gotten rid of us long ago. Certainly fear like yours benefits them, but the truth is, they need to keep most of us around so they can continue to live their extravagant lifestyles.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Did you read my post? And I quote from quoting my self "Yes, we all need to contribute in bettering our environment".

This discussion is off topic and Im done with it. But I will say this, oil is important, and will be for a long time. Fish have been fished by advanced technology for decades, and are still around. (Tuna, Crab, Shrimp) And finally, there are so many restrictions, rules, tarriffs, laws, fines, policies against companies who cause these problems to the ocean, to the point where I dont stay up at night wondering what will happen the poor shrimp. I wonder what will happen to the man/woman who loses there job because the company moves to another country, or what happens to the HUMANS/FAMILY that is affected by these liberal policies.
Case in Point"

ABC: Judge Cuts Water to California Farmers to Save Endangered Fish
newsbusters.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Just the opposite. Mindsets like yours are dangerous. You think the goverment hasnt seized money from people before? Read before speaking.

Pensions Being Seized by European Nations
www.economiccollapse.net...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
S&F OP. Good job. This article is why I come to ATS. Some of the finest patriot on Earth are here, and I'm not talking about American patriots, but patriots of the human cause.

Whether or not any of these items pan out is irrelevant, they are still not being reported. The MSM has been hijacked by two factions: the people that want to hide information so that when they begin their attack the public will be surprised, and the people that think we can't handle truth of any sort.

I strongly urge everyone to invest in the most precious metal of all: lead, in your favorite caliber.

/TOA
edit on 21-6-2011 by The Old American because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that no one bothers Canada? Wanna know why? Because they keep to themselves. Don't start nothin, won't be nothin.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join