It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots may disappear for years

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
around 2020 sunspots may disappear from the sun which nothing bad is going to happen but solar activity has a little to do with heat from the sun. but the effects might have to do with global warming and other signs. there would be fewer sunspots, fewer streams spewing from the poles of the sun's corona, and a disappearing solar jet stream. theres a good possibility the sun could take a long time to recover. experts say that the sun has already been quiet for four years with few sunspots and areas that appear as dark spots. read the rest of the article about how it it could of affect the climate.
www.azcentral.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It would be interesting if we had records of sunspot activity during the Mini Medieval Ice age, or the preceding Medieval warming period. Study of the sun is yet in it's infancy so we can't really say what to expect, except of course somehow they expect a very quiet solar maximum. It may just mean very stable times ahead, (not a popular postulation here I understand).

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
It would be interesting if we had records of sunspot activity during the Mini Medieval Ice age, or the preceding Medieval warming period. Study of the sun is yet in it's infancy so we can't really say what to expect, except of course somehow they expect a very quiet solar maximum. It may just mean very stable times ahead, (not a popular postulation here I understand).

You get a star.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Seems that, if the sun spots do directly effect our climate, then the temperature could drop slightly, but it would just be like a normal Canadian winter, just more of it. (woo hoo < insert sacasm >)
edit on 19/6/11 by AzureSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Oh OK, I will be sure and mark my Calendar! Right after the entry "AntiChrist says heads will roll if he doesn't get some IceCream"!!

Do Scientist and Journalist make this up only to entertain themselves? There is absolutely no way they can know what the Sun is going to do as long as the Interstellar Fluff is fluffin' at our front door!

I guess a paycheck is only deserving if you are doing something to keep busy!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Of course it'll be blamed on Global Warming.
Not that the Suns lessened solar activity wont have any cooling effect on the Earth, we'll still be taxed for the warming.
I think I saw on the headlines on 'the Sun' ( If I remember correctly - no pun intended) that the Global warming will outdo the Suns cooling therefore making it worse.

Talk about BS

new topics

top topics

join