It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stewart hits the nail on the head AGAIN, compares Fox News to ‘ideological regimes’

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

whatever yeah fox news sure stopped obamacare better yet they sure stopped obama from getting elected.

if you wanna just hate fox go right ahead

and much like how all the haters of fox news never watch but just cite liberal left wing "news" sources

i am taking a page out of their playbook.

and just tune them out.

and like i already said the only people allowed to lie and misinform their viewers is the vast left wing media machine.

free to have to last word here i have better things to do than waste my time on mindless drivel

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Hi All, My Name is John Stewart!

I have so many opinions but if ever I am wrong just remember i'm only a comedian, But if I am right please make a thread like this and praise me

95% of my show is about politics but I am a comedian first and not a political commentator

Fox News doesn't report news but I even after seeing that ABC video on immigrants this is still not about partisanship

I will always expose Fox but never the demagoguery on MSNBC, nonetheless I do not care for partisanship

Who are the most consistently misinformed viewers???? Well it sure ain't viewers of Judge Napolitano but I'm going to say Fox anyhow!

Fox News promotes conservatism but MSNBC only does so because Fox News does so, so it's not MSNBC's fault.

I am John Stewart, I have just said absolutely nothing however I am funny so i've made a much bigger impact in your mind than someone who actually said something.
edit on 20-6-2011 by ModernAcademia because: Typos

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
and like i already said the only people allowed to lie and misinform their viewers is the vast left wing media machine.

You do realize that the defense that you and others repeatedly employ begins with the premise that Fox "lie[s] and misinforms their viewers".

This was what Wallace tried to do with Stewart as well. Never defending Fox as actually being "fair and balanced" but rather directing attention to the rest of the media.

Is Anthony Weiner less guilty of being an idiot because Newt Gingrich cheated on his wife?

It makes no sense. It is muddled thinking.

Fox News should change their tagline from "Fair and Balanced" to "Yes we are lieing to you, but so are they" since that seems to be the motto that Fox and their supporters shout when confronted.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

uhhh...I think you should leave the comedy to professionals.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"Obamacare" is a Right Wing propaganda term.

FOX is intentionally misinforming it's viewers. If they were an honest source of news, even with conservative bias, it would be one thing, but FOX intentionally misinforms its viewers.

Why would you defend an organization that intentionally spreads misinformation to Americans?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
i have had enough of the drones.

at least modern had a original thought for a topic that has been done to death.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Guys the most informed viewers are viewers of Judge Napolitano & he is on fox!

You want to go video for video?
Really??? Try me... I dare you!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie

Propaganda?
Obama care is forcing people to buy insurance(lobbyists in Obama's pockets), that money Obama gets he has fun and takes care of himself with it

so no it's not propaganda

Teabagger is a left-wing stupid term however

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

You know what is NOT propaganda but a fully completely utter LIE??

FREE Healthcare!

Free.. sureeeeeeee, money grows on trees

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mishigas
Ironic that Stewart's own main source of info is Fox News, isn't it? He certainly doesn't dig out the info by himself - he has his staff cherry pick a mistake or vague statement from Fox and then makes it look like he is such a brilliant analyst.

He's nothing more than a charlatan, is all. An information ambulance chaser.

where could he find more comedy material than Fox and their bizarre view of the world?

for a comedian Fox is a gold mine, and their caricatured employees and enless source of lol.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
A man stumbles onto a forum... He introduces himself and says, "Hello, I'm on a quest for truth... I'm here to deny ignorance." The other forum members welcome him and say, "Great! Why don't you tell us a little about yourself?" The man says, "Well, I'm a devout Christian and an avid FOX News viewer."

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
In February 2003, a Florida Court of Appeals unanimously agreed in a case against ex-employees, with an assertion by FOX News that there is no rule against distorting or falsifying the news in the United States.

Lawyers for Fox News successfully argued that, under the First Amendment, broadcasters have the right to lie or deliberately distort news reports on public airwaves.

That is when FOX ceased to be a true new station in my eyes. Yes other media outlets have their own bias and spin, but FOX is clearly the most blatant.

Stop paying attention to mainstream. With independent sources you find out everything in advance anyways

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Judge Napoleano is on FOX business, which is a different arm than FOX news.......

Even Family guy is on FOX and they make fun of neo-conservatism all the time

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

whatever yeah fox news sure stopped obamacare better yet they sure stopped obama from getting elected.

What?

if you wanna just hate fox go right ahead

Will do good buddy

and much like how all the haters of fox news never watch but just cite liberal left wing "news" sources

You know, you must watch fox news a lot, because you suddenly think that because someone doesn't have your views, they must be dirty liberals. Your view makes you blind to any other argument, regardless of how rooted in truth that argument is. And that is exactly Mr.Stewart's point in the interview, but seeing as were having this discussion now, I don't think you understood that.

i am taking a page out of their playbook.

and just tune them out.

Awesome, then you won't respond anymore, right?

I don't even know the point of this comment. Why are you pointing fingers at the "left" media? You can't just say "they lie too" so it makes it ok.

free to have to last word here i have better things to do than waste my time on mindless drivel

Well I already see that you posted again already so it's too bad about this. I was rather looking forward to a thread without ignorance

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Why would you defend an organization that intentionally spreads misinformation to Americans?

John Stewart did. He was directly asked about MSNBC, CNN and NY Times. He defended them and then turned and bashed FOX again. Why don't you ask the Stewart supporters that question .... why do they defend Stewart when, in fact, Stewart defends organizations that intentionally spread misinformation to Americans (MSNBC, CNN, NY TImes).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511
where could he find more comedy material than Fox and their bizarre view of the world?

Are you kidding? MSNBC. Mica - the queen of the partisan whacks. Chris 'tingle up my leg' Matthews and his presidential knee pads. Keith Oblablah. Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz (who I swear is going to make his own head pop one day). Etc etc Not just the people on the air, but the 'news' stories as well. And that motto ... 'lean forward' ....

Direct from MSNBC

With the addition of left-leaning anchors including Rachel Maddow and Ed Schultz, the network increasingly became identified with a rising tide of progressive political sentiment. The new branding campaign, while not overtly political, implicitly embraces the network’s progressive identity.

The television ads feature dramatic music and patriotic themes, including images of American soldiers at war, the space shuttle, Martin Luther King Jr. and presidents including John F. Kennedy and Barack Obama.

"Progressive" ... LEFT WING .... they are EMBRACING it ... They admit it.

MSNBC has a much more 'bizzare' view of the world.
Their ratings are tanking ... and they 'embrace' an agenda and advertise that they are pushing it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
You know whats even more of a joke then John Stuart

People who get their news from John Stewart.......

I swear the more im around the more im starting to think the rest of the world is right , Americans are getting more and more stupid
edit on 21-6-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Who claims they turn to "The Daily Show" host Jon Stewart on Comedy Central for their "news?"
I fully understand that Chris Wallace feels that comedy central is every bit as important and informative as the channel he works at but this is a charge I really only hear from the right. Anyone that watches a comedian on a comedy show on a comedy network simply for a source for news just might not get those shows anyway.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Hi All, My Name is John Stewart!

I have so many opinions but if ever I am wrong just remember i'm only a comedian, But if I am right please make a thread like this and praise me

Akin to Fox News you are confusing opinion with facts.

95% of my show is about politics but I am a comedian first and not a political commentator

Confusing subject matter with medium.

Is a comedian who makes jokes about religion a priest?

The fact that Fox News feels so threatened by Comedy Central speaks volumes.

Comedians highlight the absurdity of their topics and naturally Fox News offers the most material, but Jon Stewart doles out ridicule in accurate proportions to all the media outlets.

I will always expose Fox but never the demagoguery on MSNBC, nonetheless I do not care for partisanship

Jon Stewart: MSNBC Is The New Fox News (VIDEO)
www.huffingtonpost.com...

You seem to know very little about Jon Stewart.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

John Stewart did. He was directly asked about MSNBC, CNN and NY Times. He defended them and then turned and bashed FOX again.

Wow. Did you watch the interview? Do you ever watch Jon Stewart? He slams CNN, MSNBC etc. on a regular basis.

The difference is that CNN, MSNBC etc engage in lazy, cheap, sensationalist journalism. They aim for the most viewers with the least actual research.

While Fox News misinforms their viewers with idealogical intent.

This is why Fox News has been shown in polls to have both the most "misinformed" viewers and the highest "credibility" rating by those same misinformed viewers. Because Fox News is pro-actively engaged in idealogical propaganda.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join