It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Environment Friendly Home. A Must See!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi guys!

Here’s a home that will blow you away! It’s made of environment friendly materials such as shells, local stone, wood, fly ash, slab foams, cellulose, mineral fiber, recycled bluejeans, recycled newsprint, wastepaper composite, low-toxin resins, natural indoor plants… well, I could go on forever!

This stunning home in Mumbai, India belongs to none other than India’s king of cricket – Sachin Tendulkar. It cost just $6 million to build. Here are a few images…

Link

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
edit on 6/19/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
That's one very expensive 'green' project!

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX

This stunning home in Mumbai, India belongs to none other than India’s king of cricket – Sachin Tendulkar. It cost just $6 million to build.

Just six million?

Get me six million dollars so that I could build a couple too.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

This is AWESOME....do you have a link to the original source, I want to send it to a few friends. Thanks.

S&F

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Extremely creative! Wow! Must be nice to have money like that!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Looks like a house from our future space age.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Nice TV.
Nice induction hob.

This is an expensive cop-out with a rich price label.

"Environmentally Friendly" starts with the mind, not a house.

Thanks for posting though, seen this house on the internet a few years ago.

ps...isn't this where the "tellytubbies" live?
edit on 19/6/2011 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Cool looking house.
Looks very similar to the Earthship houses.
There's a good chance that it was, indeed, made by them.
Totally off-grid, they handle their own electricity, water, and sewage.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Very cool, thanks for sharing. I think it could be done for well under 6m though.

Oddly enough, it reminded me of a human size ant colony. Where do ants get their designs from?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neOrevolutionist

This is AWESOME....do you have a link to the original source, I want to send it to a few friends. Thanks.

S&F

Yep! Just Google, 'Sachin Tendulkar's new home' after clicking on images!! There are thousands of links there!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

That is so cool, I would love to live in something that looks like that. It reminds me of a Lord of the Rings shire house where the hobbits live. Something like this crossed with this, except 100X more chill.
edit on 19-6-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Now that is a ace crib!

Imagine if you took mushrooms in there... you would trip balls!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

Definitely a beautiful house.
However.
If you want the REAL deal....economic, environmentally friendly, only cost a few thousand english pounds to make (and looks like a Hobbit lives in it) please check this site out:
www.simondale.net...

I'm sorry I don't know how to upload pictures, cos if I could you would be AMAZED. This thing was put together from scratch by a small group of people 'learning' the craft whilst being guided heavily by someone who knew the craft. The site contains plans, know how, resources, etc.
PLEASE, someone who knows how to, upload this site on here. Personally, I think it blows the socks off the house that started this page

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Love that house! I could live in something like that quite happily. A tip of the hat to the builder/designer.
Unfortunately, I don't think it would do well here in Florida. I can't see a plastic sheet/mud/turf roof standing up to a hurricane very well. It would, however, be cheap to fix. There might be issues with the excessive humidity, too, but I'm not sure of that. Something similar, but designed more for the locale, would be just dandy, though.

Thanks for posting it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

Lol, yeah fair point, mate. Guess I didn't have Florida in mind when I posted it. Here in the Uk, we have it pretty moderate.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucius Driftwood

Of course, anyone designng/building something like that, to be constructed of mostly local and discarded material, would already be aware of the conditions of the area, as far as temperature, severe weather, and stuff like that. This data would, I hope, be factored into the design.

Regardless, I'd still like to live in a killer home like the ones shown here.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Amazing although not my cup of tea however I did like the inalid work tremedously

top topics

join