It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

subliminal images/adverts on TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
i live in Australia and recently we have just changed our free TV to digital and got many new channels, its a pretty good deal but its inevitable that there will be more adverts to make up for the cost because obviously nothing is free!

now i first noticed this a few months ago where it was very frequent, happening almost every ad break on the 'mainstream' channels..between ads an image from another ad would pop up for the smallest amount of time, it could be a freeze frame of an actor, a logo, a mascot etc.. but they were all from adverts..

i ended up sending an letter to every channel i noticed it on and the TV advertising regulators in Australia and got no help at all, i explained to the that it was a regular occurrence but they would not comment because i was not listing a specific example..

maybe a few weeks later i noticed they had stopped

and a few weeks to a month after that i noticed they started again but happened rarely and the flash of the image was much quicker, almost impossible to see..

has anyone in Australia noticed this?
or any other countries

i was under the impression this was illegal
but there are no real ways to expose the issue as they advertising regulators did not even reply..

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
It is illegal and some T.V station was fined to some degree because of it, right here in Australia. Not sure when but I heard about it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
"subliminal images/adverts on TV"

Originally posted by dilapidated
....i first noticed this a few months ago where it was very frequent....

Since you noticed this, and especially since you were able to see what was being depicted within the image, then it was not subliminal.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dilapidated

good i thought it was just me but yes they are real that bull was outlawed way back i told my friends to watch what happens when we go digital now there is more compression than analogue and soon we will be getting nice pop up adds along the bottom of the screen or up the side its like a call centre on your TV .you cant fight it just keep watching sport while they screw with your head !!!!!!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dilapidated

I have never noticed this, and I've been using a hdtv usb dongle with my lcd for nearly a year.

Are you sure it isnt just breakup of data? Glitching can be very problematic if you have shonky reception, or have a poorly installed antenna.

Since getting a decent roof antenna, I've not had any issues at all, and certainly have never noticed images flicking up.

And BrokenCircles is spot on, if you're able to see it, it's not subliminal!

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I've seen this happen many times before over here in the U.S. I don't think its conspiracy material as much as it is just plain annoying and cheap. If the bits that are flashing are from extremely popular commercials, I can still see a split-second fragment reminding people of the product.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I'm in Melbourne. I watch freeview digital HD channels, can't afford fancy cable¬lol And as I am on sick leave atm I watch a LOT of TV. Never noticed this, but will keep looking now you mention it.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Here is your answer, friend. Simple, yet no less sinister.

Demographics and marketing. The comercials you see full length on your cable/satellite subscription are being played over commercials that are aimed at other people's subscription. Sometimes the different ads aimed at different peoples are out of line or out of sync and you see what someone else saw.

A good example is Reader's Digest...and I know because this happened with my mother in law. For Xmas, she gave us a gift subscription to Reader's Digest. OK..one day while reading on the crapper, i saw an ad that had a pretty hot babe in it. Next day, we go to her house to eat dinner. On the coffee table is the same Digest...I looked for the ad with the hot babe...not there! Instead was an ad for denture cream or something like that.

Point is....although same magazine, different ads aimed at different markets and demographics.

Likewise, on TV...the ads seen are aimed at the people watching them....older folks will see ads for retirement and insurance plans, dentures, contstipation, the doggy steps that let your older dog climb onto your bed, etc.

Younger watchers may see ads for Axe deoderant, Target fashions, the Chevy Volt, Hot Pockets....

When you fill out the forms..all that info and cross info from other sources goes into a data bank and they build a profile of who you are and what you watch...

So when you see your ads on your TV...someone else is watching ads aimed at them on their TV...and they get out of sync by a few seconds and WHAM...what was that i just saw?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
Here is your answer, friend. Simple, yet no less sinister.
That's good. Since it is simple, then you should have no problems proving it.

A good example is Reader's Digest.......
A magazine is a good example of Television Advertisements?

The comercials you see full length on your cable/satellite subscription are being played over commercials that are aimed at other people's subscription.

Played over by using a few of these ↓↓ ??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0eb8ba843fac.jpg[/atsimg]
Individual images from RewindMuseum.com

Reel to reel and VCR's are now tools of the past.
Welcome to the future, and the digital age.

If you can somehow prove that this theory of being 'played over' is correct, then I will gladly admit my error, and offer my sincere and heartfelt apology. As of right now, I'm just not buyin' it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I just had to conclude with a smile,

BC - Awesome

new topics

top topics

join