It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Judge : BP not responsable for oil spill clean up, taxpayers are

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Can you say bought and paid for?

Federal Judge Rules BP not Responsible For Damages Created by Oil Spill,Tax Payers Are

Ruling in favor of Transocean and BP, a federal judge on Thursday dismissed third-party environmental claims in a giant pleading bundle in the Deepwater Horizon oil spill litigation, saying the fact that the oil flow has stopped makes those lawsuits irrelevant.

“The injunction at this stage would be useless, as not only is there no ongoing release from the well, but there is also no viable offshore facility from which any release could possibly occur,” U.S. District Judge Carl Barbier wrote. “The Macondo well is dead, and what remains of the Deepwater Horizon vessel is on the ocean floor, where it capsized and sank in 5,000 feet of water.

“Moreover, BP and the agencies comprising the Unified Area Command have been and are cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico. An injury is not redressable by a citizen suit when the injury is already being addressed.”

With all the legal jargon in there, I'm not sure the judge ruled that way because he knows the ``justice`` system is too screwed up and BP would win anyway, or he just ruled that way because he's a sell out.

Any lawyer out there?
edit on 18-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Ah the Queen and her BP(British petroleum) Empire. I'm aware the Rothscilds are Good friends with the Queen.

These people are Criminals they should be arrested on site because they are a danger to society and the world.

They seek to profit from the masses but won't take responsibility for their own Careless exploitations on the world.

We as the people will rise up and take justice

The Revolution must be soon and we must act swiftly my friends; through technology the Elites will overcome Humanity through the innovations in Technology and the use of it by the Gestapo(Army) Gestapo (Police)

will slaughter untold millions in the streets protecting their corporate owners.

The Elites will ravish your daughters and wives and kidnap your children. All while their Pig Gestapo Police Government Serfs; protect their Overlords in their Mansions.

THE UNITED CORPORATIONS OF AMERICA
edit on 18-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Okay, if I, as a taxpayer, must take the hit in paying for their negligence and possible criminal shortcuts involving safety on Deepwater Horizon, then this Taxpayer doesn't want to see either Transocean or BP operating so much as a tugboat within the 200 mile economic zone the United States claims off it's coasts.

We also need a way to get rid of these judges. It should be a very long and difficult process, lest it become a political tool and destroy the whole intended apolitical nature of the Federal Bench...but it's getting out of hand and the public really needs some method of directly putting them out of a job when they've broken the faith for the 'office' they hold.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I wonder how much BP stock judge Barbier owns. This is another fine example of the corporation wins and the little guy takes the fall.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Well here is my answer.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals refused last month to order Barbier to recuse himself from dozens of spill-related suits even though he owned corporate bonds issued by two of the companies sued in the cases. Barbier said his ownership of debt instruments issued by Halliburton and Transocean didn't give him a financial interest in the companies.

Link

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn
Well here is my answer.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals refused last month to order Barbier to recuse himself from dozens of spill-related suits even though he owned corporate bonds issued by two of the companies sued in the cases. Barbier said his ownership of debt instruments issued by Halliburton and Transocean didn't give him a financial interest in the companies.

Link

Holy. Good find! This is totally disgusting. And the Circuit Court Of Appeals has been bought too it seems.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Isn't what the judge is saying is that the USA is responsible because we let them ( BP ) do this in the first place? I am sure BP pays quite a hefty fee for insurance ( etc ) to USA for doing this in our waters?

So basically the .gov signed our rights away when they let BP drill in the first place, correct? I agree, BP is "responsible" but I have not seen the actual writing in the contract(s) that is being ruled on.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
and here is another judge that needs to be
dis-barred from the bench.

the taxpayers didn't cause the dang spill
you idiot !!!

this is like a drunk driver suing the owner
of the mailbox he hit while driving home
intoxicated and the judge agreeing with
him. The owner of the mailbox is responsible
for repairing the drunk's cadillac.

where do these idiots come from ??
or who is paying him under the table ???

you can pay your way out of any crime
in America, OJ Simpson was a prime
example of that and it's getting worse
and worse.

one day this judge will be on the other side
of that bench and will be judged for his actions.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The power is in the hands of the people.. until they realize that, they will always be slaves..

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HolyandClean

did you just get done reading some Orwell or something? really though, it is a good point that sadly enough does get forgotten.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I believe( and I am not a lawyer) an "injunction" is a court order to stop something from happening. Sounds like the judge said "it's stopped already "perhaps they need to refile their lawsuit to cover the damages incurred by the seafood or hotel industry?

" First we kill all the lawyers..." William Shakespeare...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Federal Judge Rules BP not Responsible For Damages Created by Oil Spill,Tax Payers Are

Wrong. That is not what the judge ruled.
The dismissed lawsuits do not really involve "taxpayers".

The lawsuits dismissed on Thursday belonged to the D1 pleading bundle.
D1 bundle claims were filed by third-party organizations that alleged environmental damages under the Clean Water Act; the Endangered Species Act; the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation, and Liability Act; and the Emergency Planning and Community Right-To-Know Act.

www.myweathertech.com...

The complaint is not about damages. It is about how those organizations think they know better about how the cleanup should be done.

For instance, autopsy results of the hundreds of dead baby dolphins that have washed up along the Gulf Coast have been kept private, and independent scientists have not been allowed to conduct their own autopsies.
“Isn’t that what the federal government is doing?” Barbier asked on May 26. “It sounds like you think they may not do it right.”
Later that day, Barbier told Buppert: “It’s speculative right now. You’re surmising that somebody is going to do something that you don’t like.”
Attorneys did not immediately return calls for comment.

www.myweathertech.com...

The complete finding is here:
www.courthousenews.com...
edit on 6/18/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
This is awesome so we are bailing out another business. Sence its not their responsibility to clean that should be abridged to the responsibility to sell, refine and transport. They are not a functioning operation so we can pull their permits too. Its a good thing we put cyanide on it .

Sence were bailing out respectability damages should go before a international court.

We should charge these accounts to the lobbiest that are sent to America. Their accounts are in default.

Enjoy what little rights we can America, you can dance with the stars when we are dead.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

What's the problem? BP is doing exactly what libertarians and other free market advocates give them right to do. Take responsibility over the market with minimal regulation. They're cutting corners and nobody can stop them so what do you expect? You want the federal government to intervene and hold them accountable? Now that wouldn't look very libertarian now would it?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkipperJohn

I wonder how much BP stock judge Barbier owns. This is another fine example of the corporation wins and the little guy takes the fall.

It was in the supreme courts opinion (well 5 of the conservative supreme court judges) that corporations are really american citizens. So the american citizen is actually the winner here! Do you feel like a winner?? Take a bow folks, all of those who supported the deregulatory efforts by the supreme courts and the hacks in DC, take a bow.
edit on 19-6-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

top topics

join