It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US orders news blackout over crippled Nebraska Nuclear Plant: report

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
nation.com.pk... nt-report
OMG! Seriously??? I don't know the validity of the newspaper I just found online reporting this, I stumbled upon it while doing a google search. Let me know if this was already posted about.

The first paragraph read, "

A shocking report prepared by Russia’s Federal Atomic Energy Agency (FAAE) on information provided to them by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) states that the Obama regime has ordered a “total and complete” news blackout relating to any information regarding the near catastrophic meltdown of the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant located in Nebraska. According to this report, the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant suffered a “catastrophic loss of cooling” to one of its idle spent fuel rod pools on 7 June after this plant was deluged with water caused by the historic flooding of the Missouri River which resulted in a fire causing the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA) to issue a “no-fly ban” over the area.

Then my jaw hit the ground.....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
dozens of threads already.....www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
WOW!

No way!

Oops! Never mind.

OPPD Dispels Nuclear Meltdown Rumors In Ft. Calhoun

OMAHA, Neb. -- Nebraska Gov. Dave Heineman toured the flooded Missouri River this week and saw the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Plant, seemingly inundated by water.

The same image that the governor saw reached the Internet and had led to a wave of rumors. But Omaha Public Power District officials said the images don't tell the whole story.

They said the flood water pumped into a giant donut around the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant was put there to keep flood water out. Officials called it an "aqua berm."

The OPPD showed videos taken almost two weeks ago to demonstrate the efforts to keep the facility dry.

"I want (people) to understand the plant is safe (and) will continue to be safe," said Dave Bannister, an OPPD nuclear plant officer.

Officials said on Friday that the plant is on the lowest emergency status, but they are prepared if it rises another 10 feet.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I don't buy this report.. it's too convenient after the Japan incident.. it sounds like fear mongering to me.. this always seems to happen when something big happens.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

I live in Nebraska and we heard about the so called incident. Nothing to see here. The cooling system went down for a matter of seconds. It would take hours of being down to even become a problem. I bet its another conspiracy site in Russia digging into something halfway around the world and blowing it up much like what happens here.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
there's always some russian report coming out that takes any current event relating to america, and tries to make us or our govt. look bad. im not saying that our govt isn't bad or anything, just saying that there's way to many of these kind of reports popping up for me to believe them. and they're all russian.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by IPILYA

There is a new thread here on ATS with a video showing the flooding at Fort Calhoun Plant. The water is flooding the entire first floor of the plant and working it's way up. the generator is on the second floor. Check out the thread. It's Nebraska Nuclear Plant Guy Videotapes.... I would do a link but don't know how.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ferris.Bueller.II

So the Governor said, "They said the flood water pumped into a giant donut around the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant was put there to keep flood water out. Officials called it an "aqua berm."

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

So the Governor said, "They said the flood water pumped into a giant donut around the Fort Calhoun Nuclear Power Plant was put there to keep flood water out. Officials called it an "aqua berm."

This tactic sounds interesting. The next time my home is in jeopardy of being flooded, I think I will flood the exterior perimeter of it with water to prevent the interior from becoming flooded. Who would have thought you could prevent a flood by causing a flood? Now, can you please pass some more Kool Aid?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Google Search Including:

A shocking report prepared by Russian Federal Atomic Energy Agency

and then added:

Sorcha

Results:

Google Search

What Does It Mean???

Enough Said...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

I saw the thread thank you. The doughnut shape pool was purposely put in for this reason several years ago and is doing exactly what it is designed to do. It looks much worse than it is because people are not used to the design and its purposes. lets look at something for just a minute mmkay. Omaha sits on one of the worlds largest aquifers known as the Ogallala Aquifer (hyperlink). This aquifer is up to 35 feet below normal levels. In other words if the Missouri river overflows more than THEY want it to, the first thing they will do is open the currently 1/2 closed flood gates in order to control the flooding down South that is much worse. If They feel that releasing the water will be too much, they will simply open the aquifer to flood, causing the water to flow to Lincoln, which just spent and completed a $27M aqueduct system designed to reroute flood waters to the Platte river to maintain low aquifer levels in case of a REAL emergency. Hold on I'll go take some pics for you BBIAS.

Here is the aqueduct from a bridge....

The flow way is 3 feet deep and 5 feet wide so you can see it isn't even close to those little limits. In fact it actually dropped about 6 inches as you can see by the brown color right above the water.

This is the walking and sitting area. The circle of concrete you can see is a direct overflow of the aquifer. If the Aquifer rises only 10 feet, it comes up through here and is on its way to the Platte River.

The Power Plant is not in danger.
edit on 18-6-2011 by IPILYA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SphinxMontreal

It is much more than a moat. It is more like a toilet. If it floods they release the water into the aquifer to cause a spiral of draining water, which as we all know speeds the drain process and is capable of managing a massive amount to water.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join