It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controlled Demolition Was Not Needed To Bring Down The Towers

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by notsoperfect
reply to post by SkepticAndBeliever

He should visit and meet Professor Steven E. Jones in person

I would never debate him, he's a bunk scientist and too many experts refute his claims.

"I think without exception, the structural engineering professors in our department are not in agreement with the claims made by Jones in his paper, and they don't think there is accuracy and validity to these claims" "The university is aware that Professor Steven Jones's hypotheses and interpretations of evidence regarding the collapse of World Trade Center buildings are being questioned by a number of scholars and practitioners, including many of BYU's own faculty members. Professor Jones's department and college administrators are not convinced that his analyses and hypotheses have been submitted to relevant scientific venues that would ensure rigorous technical peer review." - A. Woodruff Miller, Department Chair, BYU department of Civil and Environmental Engineering

"The structural engineering faculty in the Fulton College of Engineering and Technology do not support the hypotheses of Professor Jones." - The College of Engineering and Technology department

"Demolition expert Romero regrets that his comments to the Albuquerque Journal became fodder for conspiracy theorists. "I was misquoted in saying that I thought it was explosives that brought down the building," he tells PM. "I only said that that's what it looked like."

Romero, who agrees with the scientific conclusion that fire triggered the collapses, demanded a retraction from the Journal. It was printed Sept. 22, 2001. "I felt like my scientific reputation was on the line." But emperors-clothes.com saw something else: "The paymaster of Romero's research institute is the Pentagon. Directly or indirectly, pressure was brought to bear, forcing Romero to retract his original statement." Romero responds: "Conspiracy theorists came out saying that the government got to me. That is the farthest thing from the truth. This has been an albatross around my neck for three years." - Van D. Romero, Ph.D. in Physics

"But jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning", notes Forman Williams, a professor of engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one of seven structural engineers and fire experts that PM consulted. He says that while the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F."
edit on 18-6-2011 by SkepticAndBeliever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Averysmallfoxx

The physics is pretty simple 64% of the falling upper section's potential energy was turned into gravitational acceleration and 36% was used up destroying the structure under neath it. It had way more than enough potential energy to do it. That is why the building came down so fast.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

The fact is that both towers survived the plane impacts. It was said that they fell due to the fire by both NIST and FEMA reports.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino

The fact is that both towers survived the plane impacts. It was said that they fell due to the fire by both NIST and FEMA reports.

No, it was the fire + the damage done from the impact that brought it down....The impact didn't bring it down by itself, and the fire didn't either, the NIST report confirms this...If you have a different NIST report that says it was JUST the fires then please be my guest and present it.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I'll watch how long this nonsense thread will be kept alive by the ATS mod. The reknowned physicist professor from the Brigham Young university proved the existence of the substance called thermite(thermate) collected from the ashes picked up from the twin tower site. What credentials this OP guy has if I may ask?

He should visit and meet Professor Steven E. Jones in person and have a debate against his theory of the thermite. And make a tape record of the conversation and if he wins, post the whole script here in the ATS. That will make the ATS a credible source intead of allowing non expert to spewing nonsense to cause massive waste of time and distrust. I think the ATS has gotten to the lowest point. And I noticed the owner stopped the thread questioning the site's integrity on the 404ing of the valid and legitimate threads. I think a lot of ATSers have noticed this trend and got disappointed.

AHH you saw that too! Yeah man that looked bad. I saw a guy respond to S.O. (one of the last posts I read) where he nailed it. S.O. basically bashed the OP for advancing that its as possible as anything else (fairly neutural I think) and S.O. went on to bully him into accusing him of suppositions of this and that and I was just thinking it WAS in skunk works...that's how it works there right?? that area is suppose to be tolerant and adoptive of unproven possibilities....
One gentleman actually nailed it by stating that S.O. was accusing the OP of slander of one form or another and that the leadership was just kinda smashing him for it and sweeping him under the rug...following that by asking,"Isn't that what our government does when it doesn't want to prove they are NOT acting outside of accepted conduct?"

I agree somethings a foot in ATS and its beginning to look like the stuff we post about all the time,corruption,lack of validated/validate-able information one way or another,suspicion, accusations. Lets take the theorists apart by taking their platform to congregate away....

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticAndBeliever

Originally posted by Drezden
The metal frame is able to hole 3 times its weight. The top of the building being removed from the support wouldn't be enough weight to collapse the rest of the structure that wasn't effected by the heat from the fires.

This where you are sadly mistaken my friend, there were raging fires MANY floors below where the plane impacted. The top came crashing down on these weakened floors once the support from where the impact zone gave, then the weakened floors that were struck down by the above floors then become part of the SAME mass as the above floors therefore progressively collapsing the building in the same fashion until total collapse. I don't know why people say the physics doesn't add up when almost every expert agrees on what happened to the towers, it's "physically impossible" are just empty truther words that mean NOTHING.

Large parts of the fires at the tops of the WTC were external and on the edges of the building, as well as internal. The fires lower down the building were mostly internal, where the fire went down the elevator shafts.

Looking at the support structure of the building, and where the biggest load bearing occurs on the corners and edges of the building, the internal fires lower down would not have caused the WTC to collapse outward as it did on its way down. It was the perimeter of the building that was busting and shooting outward with the force it did.

Also the speed at which it fell is not consistent with internal office fire support failure. Or ANY office fire-weakend support failure for that matter.
edit on 6/18/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
NEXT.....is absolutely right.

IT smells awfully like another Sock Puppet here.

A new anonymous member ( note how there's no mention of their location) shows up Only to admonish the 911 Fairy Tale.

Disinfo 101

The DELPHI TECHNIQUE:

"The Delphi Technique is used to achieving consensus on controversial topics.
It requires well trained professionals known as facilitators or change agents , who deliberately escalate tension amongst group members, pitting one faction against another to make a preordained viewpoint appear "sensible", while making opposing views appear ridiculous"

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

What defies logic is thinking that a huge amount of mass that is gaining weight by the second due to the weakening to the floors below it
Yes I agree, this defies logic and is completely nonsensical

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Next time you quote something, just because you say extravagant things, place external links to your claims. Being that your on the radar as trolling, its a procedure that would give you a bit more credibility. Plus I don't trust what you type in to be EXACTLY what might have been said by whatever it is your quoting. I'm not saying you did change anything, I'm just saying I don't see external links I wont even waste a beat considering what you said someone else said...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

The simplest physics is this. The temperature the petroleum fire can generate can NOT melt the steel column of the twin towers or from any high rise buildings for that matter. The boing can sit of the top of the tower and it won't budge. Termite is also a very specific metallic compound. You dont' find it in the petroleum fire site. it doesn't matter who says what. Prof. Jones found that specific compound from the ashes came from the twin tower collapse site. He can testify this fact in the court.

How much are you paid for this job, by the way?

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

. The reknowned physicist professor from the Brigham Young university proved the existence of the substance called thermite(thermate) collected from the ashes picked up from the twin tower site.

Dimwit Steven Jones found paint chips.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

As soon as I found out hes new that was what popped in my head. Especially with all that lack of links to sources and stuff that you would typically want when fighting against the popular theories...

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The simplest physics is this. The temperature the petroleum fire can generate can NOT melt the steel column of the twin towers or from any high rise buildings for that matter. The boing can sit of the top of the tower and it won't budge. Termite is also a very specific metallic compound. You dont' find it in the petroleum fire site. it doesn't matter who says what. Prof. Jones found that specific compound from the ashes came from the twin tower collapse site. He can testify this fact in the court.

Ya having a different opinion means I'm hired by somebody? Great logic...Oh i forgot I'm talking to truther lol

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
reply to post by nh_ee

As soon as I found out hes new that was what popped in my head. Especially with all that lack of links to sources and stuff that you would typically want when fighting against the popular theories...

You do know that I just cited TONS of experts who disagree with the theory of Professor Jones right? why do you lie saying I don't cite anything? And I only created an account on here to talk about this subject so what does me recently joining have to do with anything? Quit trying to connect dots that aren't there.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Ehhh, i am not so sure...

edit on 18-6-2011 by AOA2012 because: Peace and Love to All

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

. The reknowned physicist professor from the Brigham Young university proved the existence of the substance called thermite(thermate) collected from the ashes picked up from the twin tower site.

Dimwit Steven Jones found paint chips.

I just looked that up, the "thermite" was primer paint lol The things people believe as facts astounds me sometimes.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Ya having a different opinion means I'm hired by somebody? Great logic...Oh i forgot I'm talking to truther lol
As opposed to talking to a liar? Be careful with this stereotypical analogy.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
No one has ever answered my lingering question either.

If the Secret Services job is to maintain the security of the POTUS, why was he allowed to sit in a publicity photo shoot for any length of time once his staff was aware of the plane hijacking situations developing?

He must have sat there for another 10 minutes...

The Secret Service would never allow that, unless they were given orders to stand down.

Also Known As Complicity.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Averysmallfoxx
reply to post by nh_ee

You do know that I just cited TONS of experts who disagree with the theory of Professor Jones right? why do you lie saying I don't cite anything? And I only created an account on here to talk about this subject so what does me recently joining have to do with anything? Quit trying to connect dots that aren't there.

Do you know what citing is??? you post a link to the site claiming the information you are posting. You have NOT cited your sources.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

On top of your burden of proof that is already beyond your comprehension is how the hell the building 7 collaped. Do you have any idea? Any tongue in chick, out of cesspool, troll will be welcome.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join