It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost Naked Animals - Good Title for a New Adult Film?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Sounds provocative, right? Maybe one of those movies you go see in an adult-only theatre?
Wrong.
It's actually the name of a Cartoon Network TV show aimed at kids between the ages of 1 to 6 years old.

It's my personal opinion that kids show and movies are gradually evolving to include material that hints at adult jokes, themes, and ideas.

Although this is only one example, we all can think of numerous more.
When I take my children to see kids movies in the theatre, I always notice a few "adult jokes" thrown in. Sometimes, I even see characters making sexually suggestive movements where only the adult crowd can be audibly heard laughing away (and the kids laughing after because they see that their parents think it's funny). You might think it's harmless, but we all know kids learn from adults. Well what kind of message is it sending to see adults laughing at these scenes?

I put this in the general chit chat section because I'd like to hear your opinions on this. In general, the majority of children shows and movies are great for kids, but I feel like a handful have scenes that go too far for such a young age group
edit on 6/17/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
It's a show about animals who wear clothing, which means it's even more modest than real life animals. What's wrong with this?

Do you think animals being naked is somehow harmful to children? Should we start dressing our dogs up in sweaters like some people do?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Because I work nights i've often watched this while trying to sleep during the day, gotta say it's quite funny (i'm an adult).

But I love wacky things like Spongebob and Billy and Mandy, (I know, i'm an adult).

But yeah it's just scraping the mark if you ask me. If anything it teaches kids that there is such a creature as a Narwhal. I had no idea they existed until I saw Futurama movie (Benders Big Score).

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumPhysicist

Whatever happened to the good ole days of Bugs Bunny? So what if Elmer ended up blowing Daffy's face off a few dozen times, it was great! I know they (the sensors) saw all of the gun violence, the TNT explosions, drag scenes and whatnot as dangerous, but compared to the mush they're sending down the cable pike for our kids to watch now, its high drama! For crying out loud, I learned a lot of opera because of Bugs! What are kids learning now?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
It's a show about animals who wear clothing, which means it's even more modest than real life animals. What's wrong with this?

Do you think animals being naked is somehow harmful to children? Should we start dressing our dogs up in sweaters like some people do?

I never once stated that the contents of that specific show was harmful, only my opinion being that the name was adult friendly rather than kid friendly.

Originally posted by volafox

Whatever happened to the good ole days of Bugs Bunny? So what if Elmer ended up blowing Daffy's face off a few dozen times, it was great! I know they (the sensors) saw all of the gun violence, the TNT explosions, drag scenes and whatnot as dangerous, but compared to the mush they're sending down the cable pike for our kids to watch now, its high drama! For crying out loud, I learned a lot of opera because of Bugs! What are kids learning now?

Haha yeah luckily my kids still love bugs bunny and request it on a regular basis. Today's shows have definitely went off on some tangent, in comparison to the ol' days

Originally posted by Chukkles
Because I work nights i've often watched this while trying to sleep during the day, gotta say it's quite funny (i'm an adult).

But I love wacky things like Spongebob and Billy and Mandy, (I know, i'm an adult).

But yeah it's just scraping the mark if you ask me. If anything it teaches kids that there is such a creature as a Narwhal. I had no idea they existed until I saw Futurama movie (Benders Big Score).

Weirdly, some kid shows are very attention-catching for adults too. I'll definitely agree with that.
But should I even ask what a Narwhal is?! Lol.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumPhysicist

I never once stated that the contents of that specific show was harmful, only my opinion being that the name was adult friendly rather than kid friendly.

So animals wearing clothing is not kid friendly?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

You have nothing better to do, do you?
Yes, I can see your point of view. It can be passed off as kid friendly.
But that does not change the fact that it can also be passed off as a possible adult film name as well
edit on 6/17/11 by QuantumPhysicist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Google Narwhal, it's a whale like creature with a massive horn, (actually tooth).
If you hadn't ever seen one you'd think it's a myth like a unicorn.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Google Narwhal, it's a whale like creature with a massive horn, (actually tooth).
If you hadn't ever seen one you'd think it's a myth like a unicorn.

A narwhal says goodbye to Buddy in the movie Elf as he's heading off from the North Pole to find his dad in NYC.

Besides, they had a (crappy) teen show on Nickelodeon called The Naked Brothers Band (along with said band releasing crappy songs) so....

The adult jokes in kids movies are added so the adults have a reason to go without sitting bored through a kids movier too so there ya go. It's like Shrek, movie for kids but references to Beverly Hills Cop, professional wrestling and the "think he's compensating for something?" joke when they get to Lord Faarquart's place. Nothing wrong with that.

I too love SpongeBob and thought The Emperor's New Groove was downright hilarious.

top topics

join