It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's "Born in the USA" Frenzy

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

When Liu Li boarded a plane for the United States, she had a little bit of makeup on, was wearing a loose dress, and had her hair up. She tried to hold her handbag in front of her belly in a natural way, just as the middleman had taught her. She was trying to look as calm as any wealthy Chinese lady would look when travelling abroad. But Liu Li couldn't help feeling terribly nervous: she was six months pregnant when she left for the United States, where she wanted to give birth to an American citizen.

Giving birth to a child abroad is not a privilege reserved to the stars and the very wealthy. An increasing number of expectant middle-class parents also fancy giving their children passports that they can feel proud of. "The return on investment is higher than robbing a bank," the consultancy agent tells women such as Liu. When Chinese children are born in America, they automatically become U.S. citizens. Once they reach 21, their parents will be able to apply for green cards and emigrate.

The Anchor baby law..... Where to begin? Does anyone else see the fault in this? Just because you can sneak into America right before you have a child, does that mean your child should be American? Women going to secret facilities to do just that. Mook off of the system. "The return on investment is higher than robbing a bank..."

The 14th Amendment: Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

The Amendment was meant for slaves that were becoming free 150 years ago. Im nore than posative all of those free men and women are long gone. Is it time to repeal the 14th amendment? OR at least parts of it? Illegal aliens taking advantage of a 150 year old law that was designed for a completely different purpose. Its about time America got its butt off of it's shoulders.

MessOnTheFED!

Edit: More info at LINK.
edit on 17-6-2011 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
It doesnt matter about the circumstances of your birth or about about any old laws... where you were born is where you were born, nothing can change that.. you are still entitled to hold a passport for that country.or dual nationality with your parents country.

these are the rules all around the world... not just in america..

if there is a problem with expectant chinese mothers entering the country, then that is what needs to be looked at.. not common sense rules..

You can't just pick and chose who you want to accept, if a child is born on American soil, that child will be and is entitled to be an American citizen..

edit on 17/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Were you born in America? If so then you're just as at fault as the Chinese because you're descendants are most likely European so unless you're native Indian you have no right to be here either. Just saying.
By the way my heritage is French Irish and Scottish . Lets face it we don't belong here either.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
As long as she came here legally and gave birth, I don't see a problem with this.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by enament

My decendants did not come over here specifically to have a child and leave. They did not come over here to leach off of the system. The law is outdated.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Misterlondon

Did you read the article? The woman came over here to specifically have a child. Thats it. To mooch off of the system. That was her only goal. Thats somehow ok?

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
reply to post by enament

My decendants did not come over here specifically to have a child and leave. They did not come over here to leach off of the system. The law is outdated.

MOTF!

It's not an outdated law at all, it's a common sense law. If you don't accept a child born in the u.s is from the u.s then tell me where is this child from? And you cant say china because they wasn't born there, that's there parents country.
Think about it.. It's pretty obvious..

The problem is not the law concerning citizenship, it is the fact that your letting expectant mothers into the country to give birth..
These woman have just found a loophole in the system, and it's letting them in is what needs to be looked at..

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Just because some foreign lady sneaks in to America for 15 minutes and plops out a kid, do I think the kid is American? No. Common sense laws? Sounds like the opposite of common sense to me.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

reply to post by enament

MOTF!

Isn't that what the larger percentage of the immigrants that went to America did?
They went to America to mooch off the rewards. That is, to benefit from the rewards of a higher class nation, in the hopes that life for themselves and their children would become better.
This is wrong how?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Did you read the article? The woman came over here to specifically have a child. Thats it. To mooch off of the system. That was her only goal. Thats somehow ok?

MOTF!

No it's not ok.. There clearly is a problem if this is happening, but my point is, if she managed to have the child in America then by international common sense laws, the child is an American citizen.
Not matter the circumstances involving their parents.

If it is not American then where is the child from?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well.... If the kids parents have spent their entire lives (all except for 15 minutes) in China then I would assume he or she would be Chinese.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

This may sound weird but here it goes anyhoo. I actually dont mind foreign people coming over here, the more the merrier in my book. Actually, I believe the immigration laws should become very more laxed than they are now. I just don't like moochers and dishonesty thats all.

MOTF!

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Well I can understand your point on that.
I dislike the fact that my parents had to work until their late 60s before they could collect a social security check, but a 65 year old immigrant can go over to the USA and start collecting SS now. WTF?

Those kind of things annoy me because I was always under the impression that things like SS were based on the sacrifices you made over your life. Guess I was wrong. There are other double standards like that that go against my grain, but what are you gonna do?
Perhaps if the system was more relaxed it would be better for everyone, but I seriously doubt they will lighten up anytime soon.
I don't agree with underhanded tactics for immigration, but times are tough all over the world, I guess people feel like they have to do what they have to do to survive.
edit on 17-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-6-2011 by snowen20 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Well.... If the kids parents have spent their entire lives (all except for 15 minutes) in China then I would assume he or she would be Chinese.

MOTF!

unfortunatly it doesnt matter whether you regard the child american or not... the child will still recieve a birth certificate statin time place and COUNTRY of birth.. this child with an american birth certificate is therefore an american citizen who is entitled to an american passport.. this cannot change..

if a child born in america is refused an american birth certificate, then who will give him one? china wont because the child wasnt born there.. and imagine the worldwide outcry if america refused to give children birth certificates who were born on their soil, because of the parents intentions.. i hate to go on in these things but it really is common sense if you think about it..

the problem that concerns you needs to be addressed differently, than to try and change international laws..

we have the same problem in the uk with immigration and people sponging off the system and it grates me too, but what needs to be changed is the system..
edit on 17/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   

reply to post by enament

MOTF!

I don't think their intentions are to have babies and leave as you put it. Their intentions are to find a way so they can come to America. Your ancestors came to America in search of better lives. I think these Chinese people are doing the same thing. Don't be a hypocrite.

Now do I agree with what these women are doing? That's another story...

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The Federal Govt. just allowed China to start running Sichuan Airlines flights from China to Guam.

The Chinese don't have to fly far to pop out their babies now. "Git yer birth certificates....$99.95......git your birth certificates"......

Hawaii used to be the booming place for foreign people to get US Birth Certificates with a little $$$$.....hope Guam makes some bank on those Chinese babies.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Considering the utter lack of skilled workers the US has at the moment, if upper-middle class Chinese people want to come over here and have a US citizen that's fine by me. We'd be siphoning off the educated and wealthy of China to our shores instead of having them grow up and be competition.

They come over here, have a child, go back to China, raise it to be a skilled professional, then immigrate once the child becomes an adult. Perfectly legal and the US benefits in the long run.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
They recently change the laws in Ireland to stop this.

To many black south africans mothers where cheating the system down south, (im from NI) the Irish equavilant of the constitution used to say any child born in Ireland automatically became an Irish citizen. If the child was an born in Ireland and got citizenship then the mother could legally stay to look after the child.

Thankfully they banned this and removed it. Now it says at least one of your parents has to be an Irish or British citizen to gain the birth right of being a citizen.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

The idea of citizenship is a bad one. People are human beings, not cattle. I'm interested in living in a place where people aren't concerned about what coordinates my birthplace are, where people don't want to catalog me like an animal on a farm, and where the law applies equally to all people without treating some as a special class deserving of special treatment... which is the whole point of citizenship.

The only negative economic effect of immigration is self-made in that a society chooses to give immigrants welfare services that nobody is rightfully entitled to because they all are gun-point "charity" programs where you either pay a tax to support them or you go to prison for life. Its a sick, twisted system that benefits nobody except for immigrants who come here for 15 minutes to have a baby, and of course the elite class of people who treat us as cattle on a farm.

Ending gun point charities is the solution to the madness... not creating a book of laws six billion pages long designed to make up for the fact that gun-point charity doesn't work, then ending up failing any way because of all the loopholes created in the process, that when you close one it simply opens up another. I'll be starting a business model entirely based on government loopholes next week. It will be fun... maybe even funny to watch it play out. The idea of citizenship needs to thrown out rather than fixed up.
edit on 17-6-2011 by civilchallenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by enament
Were you born in America? If so then you're just as at fault as the Chinese because you're descendants are most likely European so unless you're native Indian you have no right to be here either. Just saying.
By the way my heritage is French Irish and Scottish . Lets face it we don't belong here either.

Uhhh actually the native americans came here over the land bridge from asia. Hence their asian features.

So they are immigrants too. They have just been here longer.

What I object to is people coming here without putting anything into the system and draining it dry.

Let's fix that first.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join