It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US makes a drone attack a day in Yemen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

US makes a drone attack a day in Yemen

www.thenational.ae

SANA'A // The US has conducted more than 15 drone attacks in Yemen since the beginning of June, a Yemen defence ministry official said.

The increase of such attacks is part of a US strategy to employ more drones to curb what the US believes is a growing terror threat in Yemen, the Washington Post and Wall Street Journal reported on Monday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The drones of Team America are everywhere to deal with terrorism. Although is it pretended that these strikes are necessary to take out Al Qaeda operatives, it seems more likely that they do this to help keeping order in Saudi-Arabia, which has also been bombing Yemen in recent times. It is said that US drones have been deployed since May.

What does it take for the US to understand that there are better ways to spend their money than on bombs and massacres. Yemen, Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan and the War on Terror in general, I wonder whose next on the check list.

www.thenational.ae
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

They are attacking revolutionaries because the revolutionaries are not their pawns. It is a disturbing reality the Middle East and North Africa is facing, the West, specially the US is taking the revolutions hostage, including the Libyan.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I'd say Sudan, maybe Ethiopia are next on the list

Didnt Bush have some 5-7 year plan with 7 or 8 coutries they were supposed to invade.

I think Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Syria, Yemen and Sudan were on it.
I may be wrong though so please feel free to correct me!

Seems to me the Arab and Muslim nations are in for more of a bashing over the next while-they've all been whitewashed by western media as fundamentalists and terrorists that the majority of the world wont even notice/care as the US/NATO etc wipe them all of the map

What a tolerant and open minded world we live in.......

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Id rather they used drones than sending in actual troops. They say it costs a million dollars a year for every man deployed in Ahganistan. If that is true then using drones is alot cheaper.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
Id rather they used drones than sending in actual troops. They say it costs a million dollars a year for every man deployed in Ahganistan. If that is true then using drones is alot cheaper.

Yeah, it is easy for you to worry about your wealth, but hey, who gives a damn about those who are being killed by those drones.

It is like saying, umm, should I use the knife to kill this guy, or should I use the gun. If I use the gun, I'll waste a bullet, a knife would be more economically viable. Either way you are killing people, mostly innocent, and mostly people who pose absolutely no threat to US outside the delusional reality created by MSM and its tentacles.

How about keep your drones, soldiers, warships and other killing machines inside your own borders. The world is getting quiet sick of it, and I don't want a backlash which would create a scenario where Americans would face the same wrath Germans faced in WWII.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
You know what they say: A drone attack a day keeps the terrorists at bay.

All kidding aside, If people can't see that Yemen is our forth war they are truly blinded. What else can we call it when we are bombing and killing people daily?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Is WWIII on the horizon?

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
People here understand how completely insane Yemen actualy is though right? Girls are married as soon as they hit puberty, 9, 10 years old etc. OH THERE NOT ISLAMIC MENTALISTS AT ALL RIGHT???

Its pretty much a major hub of kidnappings, people trafficking, slavery, piracy and terrorism. Yemen is a scary place. And if any country is getting drone attacked, it really should be that place. They should just nuke Aden now and get it over and done with, then nuke Mogadishu.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

I sure hope your not a politician, we have enough socio-psychopaths as it is already running things. More killing will never solve the problems. And to even suggest nukes is not the answer accept to pollute the earth more and make most places if not all uninhabitable.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

Whatever man, wake up to the fact that sometimes there does happen to be legitimate targets for military intervention. And the nut cases that run Yemen are pretty much on top of that list with maybe Saudi.

And kill the planet with two nukes aye?, righty ho then!

new topics

top topics

join