It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The waters of Lake Nahuel Huapi Argentina: The result of Puyehue - Incedible Vid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Bump.
If I was King, I'd wear a ring, and never hurt my people...

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Update:

Scuba drivers are cleaning the water filters that are pumped from the Nahuel Huapi lake to the area water processing plants. So this could eventually affect their drinking water, especially if the ash settles to the bottom of the lake.

They are having to send divers to various depths under the lake to check and clean water filters on a daily basis. This needs to be done everyday at 8-10 different lake locations (maybe more). The water level is lower than normal making it even more difficult.

Source www.rionegro.com.ar...
edit on 18-6-2011 by matito because:

Also it seem tourism is being severely affected as well as livestock. Losses estimated at 100 million.

"Tourist arrivals have been badly affected, including Brazilians, other Latin Americans and Americans. Tourism's down 80 percent,"

"People are saying this could last for a couple of years,"

Source www.reuters.com...

Villa La Angostura in Argentina seems to be having the worst of problems.
It has been declared a disaster zone (state of emergency). They are having drinking water restrictions due to a pump being damaged by ash. This city has been the most affected by the eruption with the most ash fall (30cm).

Source www.telam.com.ar...

3000 people have left Villa La Angostura. 40% still do not have electricity and many are without drinking water.

Source www.lanacion.com.ar...

edit on 18-6-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by matito

Wow. Matito, thank you again. This is the most detailed information yet. We will never see these images or hear of this in our news...why? I have determined it is because they don't care. Here is another story on some wacky and schocking costume Lady Gaga was wearing last night...thanks again. Please keep posting if you hear more and I am sure the whole ATS community appreciates it. Stay well.

CJ

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Pretty amazing shots from a stationairy observatory satellite since the volcano began blowing:

That is a lot of discharge

ColoradoJens

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join