It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec releases 60,000+ email passwords

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Another excellent reason to use varying passwords. Citizens of ATS may want to check if their email is listed in their release and make sure they're secure:

LulzSec Twitter message

Check if your information was compromised here:
gizmodo.com...

edit on 16-6-2011 by Brentnauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You know, I do hate to resort to such a cliche on the internet, but really?

LulzSec, you are why we can't have nice things.

On another note, I really wish people would stop using simple passwords. The number of easily guessed or brute forced passwords on that list is mind-boggling, and I hope that they don't reuse those same passwords on things that they need to protect.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ItsBlink

Ahhh don't worry my passwords can be very hard to remember so brute force wouldn't work

As for the op: can you list the email list here please? Twitter was having issues in my place
edit on 16-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Ahhh don't worry my passwords can be very hard to remember so brute force wouldn't work

As for the op: can you list the email list here please? Twitter was having issues in my place
edit on 16-6-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

I'm not the OP, but I'm not going to post the list here, and I'd be willing to say others shouldn't either. Privacy concerns aside, it's a massive list and I don't feel like turning this topic into five minutes of scrolling down.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

Really?

Man I just dont go for it.

I mean, I've used laramy99 for so long its not funny, I will never forget laramy OR agent 99 from get smart, and NEVER once in my life has anyone considered me worthy of hacking.

I mean how hard is it, login:badw0lf pass:laramy99.

it's just too easy and no one does it.

I think all these hackers are a hoax.

edit on 16/6/2011 by badw0lf because: let he who is without sin....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Probably NOT a good idea to post or even look at such things. The legalities(privacy laws) of this are something to take into consideration. Just a thought....

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
^^ Ohhhhh I wish I could suss the ATS http logs about now

ROFL

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

sorry though just scared because that idiot would have gotten my friends

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
The more I read the posts on his twitter, the more I get the feeling it's Charlie Sheen writing these messages. Has Charlie Sheen made a puppet master out of himself with some computer hackers in his large fan base? Hmm.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
www.thehackernews.com...

This link says a lot of passwords are writer related as well as one being "writespace" and they are theorizing that it came from writesrpace.com. This is not confirmed but if they are targeting a writers forum then this is most likely a false flag. It seems typical they would target people's private emails to bring in cybersecurity. Why would any self respecting anti-government hacker target writers?

edit on 16-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Personally I can not see the point of releasing peoples emails and passwords since all it will do is alienate the average user who might become concerned their personal details might be released on the net.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There are some valid accounts in there.
Someone actually had a password of chicken.
That worked.
lol.

sigh. yeah. time to change passwords i think.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Downloaded, checked... My household is safe...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
www.thehackernews.com...

This link says a lot of passwords are writer related as well as one being "writespace" and they are theorizing that it came from writesrpace.com. This is not confirmed but if they are targeting a writers forum then this is most likely a false flag. It seems typical they would target people's private emails to bring in cybersecurity. Why would any self respecting anti-government hacker target writers?

edit on 16-6-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

Because LulzSec isn't anti-government. They're (he, whatever) doing this simply because they can, and it's viewed as funny. Unfortunately for the rest of us, while they have their fun, they and people like them are going to just pile on the evidence and support for restricting and destroying what I personally think to be one of the greatest inventions of mankind.

Them's the breaks, I guess.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Went to the link and got this message:

The file you requested has been removed from MediaFire for a violation of our Terms of Service or our Acceptable Use Policy.

Probably a good thing...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
My wife's Yahoo account was hacked within the last week, twice, and used to send out malicious 'gifts' to everyone on her contact list. We DO use alphanumeric passwords with upper and lower with randomly spaced numbers thrown into it. Weak passwords weren't the issue in her case, so back to the drawing boards on that. The site that had this list removed it, unfortunately. The whole world who wanted to see it for negative purposes, already has it. I really wish they'd make this available to everyone with AT LEAST the email addresses. Passwords aren't necessary, but it would really help to see if our Email hack issues of late are a result of this or another mass dump like it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Did this nut said anything about Skype so far? That I am deeply more concerned since I have sensitve info there.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What site did they get the information from? Want to know if it's one I'm registered on.

Think it's time to change all my passwords but when you've registered on hundreds of sites over the years it seems like too much of a mission ...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I've got a copy of the file. I get LulzSec's Tweets directly to my phone so at 6 AM when I saw this I downloaded that bad boy to make sure nobody I knew was on it.

I might make a Google Docs spreadsheet of just the emails after work and post it here, if someone doesn't beat me to it.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueInstinct

Make sure your email and banking passwords are different than the ones you use for ATS and other random logins.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join