It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LulzSec releases 60,000+ email passwords

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

You're misunderstanding my angle: Ass-hat = Irresponsible company not adequately protecting their customers.

I never said them compromising Sony's abysmal security was something on par with ending world hunger or curing chlamydiae. I meant they received support from the majority of those I saw discussing it for exposing how poorly Sony was protecting people's privacy

As far as I know, they never released any of the information they had compromised (unlike today's events), all they did was cause a stir to flex their e-peen and help Sony wake the hell up. Combined with the CIA attack, Senate breach and harassment of various other companies this could have been interpreted by some as being a cause worth supporting.

What people failed to realize is all LulzSec aims to do is to dick around, cause a riot and giggle at the mess.
edit on 16-6-2011 by Brentnauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsBlink

File Removed for Violation.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Brentnauer

I can't get that to do anything.

Put in my email and click and nothing happens

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

Works just fine for me. Do you have Java or something disabled, or are you using a ghetto browser?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueInstinct
What site did they get the information from? Want to know if it's one I'm registered on.

Think it's time to change all my passwords but when you've registered on hundreds of sites over the years it seems like too much of a mission ...

I know what you mean!! I have a book with my passwords in it. Can't remember so many. I just changed my email password, I am doing it once every 2 months now.....and my bank info too. just changed it last week.

The reason for this is...I had my email hacked awhile back and some one sent some ...uhhh..really unique gifts to everyone on my email contact list.
This password was complicated and I was sure it was safe. My son has not stopped laughing yet at what was sent. He was on my email list. I didn't know it had happened until my whole family called me up laughing . Not funny!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
LulzSec just reuploaded the file.

Check your accounts, people.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Still up... just got a copy, thanks guys for the help...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Um, I entered my email addy over 20 mins ago and did not get a reply. Could it be a ruse to collect more email addies?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

idk why but i get the lingering feeling this is bs...i'm not about to go try any of those email addresses and passwords or anything...but I can pretty much guarentee they don't work...probably just a joke...anybody wanna test it and prove me wrong?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
From what I saw so far... The source of password are from 3 different places. One of them I am sure is a site with massive presence of brazillians members because there are lots of emails address from Brazil. The other 2 i don't have idea from where they got.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Well still a good time to switch to a mixture of 16 plus digits, upper case, lower case, and possibly charcters too. The more cryptic, the better.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
The best thing I did was start to use a password manager to generate and store passwords for every single site I registered. To each one of them I generate a random password from 12-16 characters long and my master password is 20 chars long lol

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Wow, LulzSec looks more like a red cell/red team operation by the day.

While these hackers are clearly skilled enough to keep themselves highly anonymous online, likely through a massive system of BotNets or global VPNs, they do not have the power to have an accessible telephone line, either digital or physical, that the Feds could not touch. The notion of an informal, disorganized hacking group being able to outwit the entire Federal Government is a bit of a leap for me to take at this point. Logical problems aside, the timing of these hacks is far too convenient for those in Washington seeking to take full control over the internet. Similarly, the providence of the LulzSecurity group, and their website, is questionable. In a PasteBin posted 11 days ago, it was revealed that the owner of the LulzSec domain was Adrian Lamo, the man supposedly responsible for outing Bradley Manning.

continued .

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No Java is enabled. I have no idea what a ghetto browser is. I am using Firefox. I do have cookies disabled but I enabled them for that site.

I will try in Chrome or Opera.

Edit:

Worked OK in Chrome
edit on 17/6/2011 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join