It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African Leaders Demand Halt to NATO Bombing Campaign in Libya!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

African Leaders Demand Halt to NATO Bombing Campaign in Libya!

www.globalresearch.ca

African leaders today demanded an immediate end to the North Atlantic Treaty Organization's bombing campaign in Libya and called for the African Union and United Nations to take the lead in reaching a political solution.

"We have not voted for a substitute for bombing of one group by the other," South Africa's Foreign Minister Maite Nkoana-Mashabane told reporters in New York, referring to the UN resolution authorizing military action against Libya leader Muammar Qaddafi's regime, which her government supported. "All forms of military intervention and bombing must stop now."

Nkoan
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Poor Africa... According to the UN/NATO/NWO, they are not capable of dealing with any situation on their own continent!
Africa " Stop the bombing! Its our continent, we can deal with the problems"
UN/NWO " Nah... theres too much gold and oil... we'll come and 'protect' your assets for our.. err.. i mean your use"

GRRR... the African union is asking for control of their OWN CONTINENT! and the rest of the western world says no.. infact : "Adoption of a draft statement demanding a "complete end to violence and all attacks against and abuses of civilians" was blocked by the U.S. and other Western nations." Seriously!

Even "Uganda's Foreign Minister Ruhakana Rugunda suggested the NATO intervention amounted to "going back to colonialism" in Africa." I fully agree that is what is happening. These Neo-colonial bigwig old boys miss the old days of taking over a weaker country and raping it for everything they have!! When is this going to end? When are people going to WAKE UP and see what is really happening in the world! Even Russia and China are in agreement... I see this whole Africa thing setting the stage for WW3.... China and Russia are pissed!

Anyways, Thoughts?!

www.globalresearch.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It's absolutely sickening that a few powerful and rich people can go against the majority of the World to invade basically an entire Continent and then just say that they will decide their fate as they see fit.

How is this even allowed?

The real question I have is for the soldiers doing the invading. Do they not see that they are being used for money, land and resources? Or are they so brainwashed that they actually believe they are justified in killing innocent people for TPTB?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I'll throw a wild guess out here.

Khadafi is throwing hard cash around for "protection."

U.S. isn't buying it. They have their own adgenda.

We create policy...and enforce it according to our needs..

We tell everyone the way it's going to be or else..

We have so many enemies now, going to be hard to pick a villian.

We'll find one.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
It's absolutely sickening that a few powerful and rich people can go against the majority of the World to invade basically an entire Continent and then just say that they will decide their fate as they see fit.

How is this even allowed?

The real question I have is for the soldiers doing the invading. Do they not see that they are being used for money, land and resources? Or are they so brainwashed that they actually believe they are justified in killing innocent people for TPTB?

I think the problem is that soldiers hands are tied. Considering that they have their own justice system, they can be locked away (IE.l Poor Private Manning). They also need their job too! they cant be getting a dishonorable discharge when they need to put food on the table. On top of that, I'm sure the propaganda within the army/military is 10 fold what regular civies hear...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Good. I hope the war in Libya is stopped as it is an illegitimate war. Libya is a sovereign nation and had attacked no one. yet some nations need to push forward with the New World Order and so he has to go. I think the African Union is going to send troops and aid into Libya soon. That's my opinion. The New World Order needs to stop waging wars on nations.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Good. I hope the war in Libya is stopped as it is an illegitimate war. Libya is a sovereign nation and had attacked no one. yet some nations need to push forward with the New World Order and so he has to go. I think the African Union is going to send troops and aid into Libya soon. That's my opinion. The New World Order needs to stop waging wars on nations.

Does the union even have any troops!? As much as i think that would be a good idea.. not because i want to see more violence or deaths obiv, BUT to show the world that the NWO has to stop pushing others around. Someone has to step up and put their foot down!! Sadly though, if the union did send soldiers, i would bet they would be wiped out so quickly AND you would never hear about it on the North American MSM

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
In what way are they “raping it (Libya) for everything they have”?

The AU has very little credibility here, if they want to deal with Africa’s own affairs then they can but in reality they have called on the west to deal with the Congo, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Ivory coast etc while they stand by and do nothing in places like Darfur or Zimbabwe, in fact blocking anyone else doing anything about it as well. The AU does not hold any moral high ground in this situation (not to mention the fact that they have more than their share of tin pot dictators themselves).

And I disagree with the sentiment behind the comment “the African union is asking for control of their OWN CONTINENT”. Libya is closer to Italy than the vast majority of AU members, the effects of Libyan instability or will be felt more by them and other Mediterranean states than most AU nations. This is not just an African problem.

If the African Union wants things done their way then they should take on the burdens that comes with that, until then their voice will always be one of the quietest at the table.

That said, I do think NATO should push much more for a political solution but that is constrained both by the rebels and Gaddafi and we don’t know exactly what’s going on behind the scenes.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The Obama administration should immediately have all of these African leaders put on the target list as well.

Lets expand the bombing raids... Take em all out!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Might gives you the right.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
In what way are they “raping it (Libya) for everything they have”?

The AU has very little credibility here, if they want to deal with Africa’s own affairs then they can but in reality they have called on the west to deal with the Congo, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Ivory coast etc while they stand by and do nothing in places like Darfur or Zimbabwe,

Exactly the point. Where was NATO or the US or anyone when genocide was the order of the day?

That's right, there was nothing to gain as spoils of war in those other Countries...it would only have been a true 'Humanitarian' mission to come to the aid of the people that needed it and were actually asking for help.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A

And I disagree with the sentiment behind the comment “the African union is asking for control of their OWN CONTINENT”. Libya is closer to Italy than the vast majority of AU members, the effects of Libyan instability or will be felt more by them and other Mediterranean states than most AU nations. This is not just an African problem.

Last time i checked, Libya was still on the African continent, no? Agreed that its not just an African problem, but by what rights does the UN/NATO/NWO have to deem themselves supreme controller of another nation?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The US and or other western nations have gotten involved in Kosovo, Bosnia, Sierra Leonne, Congo, Ivory Coast and Lebanon to name a few without any resources to be had; even in Iraq oil contracts did not go to the invaders.

Of course they aren’t perfect, they’re not entirely selfless in their actions but they do get their hands dirty to the advantage of others. The African Union will is ineffectual in their own back yard yet, rely on the west to solve African problems yet when things don’t go the way they want they cry “this is our continent!”

it would only have been a true 'Humanitarian' mission to come to the aid of the people that needed it and were actually asking for help.

It was the Libyans that instigated the rebellion and it was Libyan diplomats at the UN that called for intervention along with the rebels; not to mention the Arab League. NATO did not wake up one morning and say “hey let’s bomb Libya”, this is NATO reacting to events.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

this is good and bad...I dont think that the actual people being protested against are going to be Civil and have a political solution that they or the citizens agree with...i just hope this dosent turn into something worse due to a sit down and talk session...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

I have heard many confirmed reports that a large portion, if not the majority of the original rebels were al-Qaeda (and by the I mean CIA/US backed... everyone knows that al-Qaeda is actually a puppet group of the CIA!). I see it more as being setup to look like they are reacting... I would bet that this idea was in place a long time ago... they just needed the right setup to go in and steal the gold and oil

check it: www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Libyan rebel commander admits his fighters have al-Qaeda links
Abdel-Hakim al-Hasidi, the Libyan rebel leader, has said jihadists who fought against allied troops in Iraq are on the front lines of the battle against Muammar Gaddafi's regime."

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Last time i checked, Libya was still on the African continent, no? Agreed that its not just an African problem, but by what rights does the UN/NATO/NWO have to deem themselves supreme controller of another nation?

NATO doesn’t, hence the need to secure UN resolution 1973.

The UN derives its authority from the fact that 192 nations have signed up to the UN charter including Libya and IIRC all AU members.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Sorry, you're right... I just group all UN/NATO/NWO together because I don't see much difference between them. They are all neo-colonial groups dedicated to 'protection' through forcible means and bullying...
edit on 6/16/2011 by Nspekta because: cause i can't spell

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

nearly right on that one; Al-quadia is the CIA of Afganistan.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

(and by the I mean CIA/US backed... everyone knows that al-Qaeda is actually a puppet group of the CIA!).

I think if you are honest that you would have to admit that the idea that Al Qaeda is a CIA puppet is not really a widely supported belief. Personally I haven’t been convinced that this is the case.

You may believe that the Libyan rebellion was a set up but again that’s really just your opinion without significant evidence.

they just needed the right setup to go in and steal the gold and oil

As I have said in just about every other thread on Libya that I have posted in, the west already had access to Libyan oil before the uprising and if accessing oil was the goal then it isn’t going very well since the only oil contracts that the rebels have signed are with Qatar not western oil companies.

Sorry, you're right... I just group all UN/NATO/NWO together because I don't see much difference between them. They are all neo-colonial groups dedicated to 'protection' through forcible means and bullying...

Sounds like you’ve already made up your mind.

edit on 16-6-2011 by Mike_A because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

Al-Quaida is quite more likey the CIA of Afganistan, a organization that works for its country fighting against other countrys that try to interfer with there lifestyles or political issues.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join