It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver fans riot in the streets after loss of Stanely Cup to Bruins

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
CBC reporting Molatov cocktails being thrown by fans and police on horseback and in full riot gear using tear gas and concussion grenades in response.

Molatov cocktails? Doesn't that require a bit of preplanning? That doesn't sound like a spontaneous bit of mobbing to me..

Glad I stayed home... but then after the riots of '94 for the same thing, I never did think we deserved to have a team anyway.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Been there done that. 1994,against the Rangers...........

Riots happen,especially when the Vancouver Canucks lose..........

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Disgusting behavior by men with the least testosterone I have ever seen.

Most men in Vancouver walk around with tiny little dogs.

So how come the rioting?

They grew some balls from somewhere.

I dont understand why the police are being so calm about it. STEP in and show the world how to deal with a Vancouver Hockey fan. You have tasers and guns and sticks..USE THEM!!!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Now THAT'S funny.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
No signal on my end. Anybody else see what's happening?
Never mind, up again.
edit on 15-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Funny... Canadians riot over hockey but not that our government screws us over.

And we wonder why the world is falling apart...we are letting it. More people worry about hockey than our government.

Want to pass bills to make our lives worse? Sure, but don't let us lose the Stanley cup.

Now if we could only somehow get this many people to care about something that matters....

Pred...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

Well said

Someone with some sense at last!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
Funny... Canadians riot over hockey but not that our government screws us over.

And we wonder why the world is falling apart...we are letting it. More people worry about hockey than our government.

Want to pass bills to make our lives worse? Sure, but don't let us lose the Stanley cup.

Now if we could only somehow get this many people to care about something that matters....

Pred...

Very true.
If anybody complains of police brutality from this...I will have no pity!
At least fight over something that MATTERS, this is completely and utterly USELESS.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Why?? Why are people idiots and riot because of the loss of a game.
It's just a game! Things like this have to stop! All it does is prove that we need supervision by the police and government because we don't know how to behave ourselves.

Live Video
abclocal.go.com...

Unhappy Vancouver Canucks fans are taking out their anger downtown at losing the Stanley Cup to the Boston Bruins in Game 7, flipping at least two cars and burning another in a burgeoning riot.

www.news1130.com...

yeah riot over a lost game that's more important than economic issues....... just think same would happen here and nothing happens when the economy is losing ...whatever people are idiots

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Stun granades are now being used....

COME ON use something a little more lethal against these people. My god damn car has been scratched up and dented.

Well company car but still...............

I think Vancouver police need to take a leaf out of the Chinese way of dealing with protesters.

I wanna see bodies hit the floor.

Some of the fans from Boston have been attacked. And seriously wounded over an ice skating tournament for butch girls!!

edit on 15-6-2011 by testtubebaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Had to share a tweet I saw on the subject.
"What's the deal? Tim Hortons run out of coffee or something?" haha sorry I couldn't help it.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Don't really know that much about any Canadian cultural "implications", but there's no need for you to feel in any way diminished. Much sincere respect to you. It was a great series, and thank you for the challenge!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Well we should all be grateful its only humans getting attacked and rioting.

What would of happened if the Canucks were playing a team of baby seals?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Very true.
If anybody complains of police brutality from this...I will have no pity!
At least fight over something that MATTERS, this is completely and utterly USELESS.

Me either. I hope the cops kick the crap out of these idiots. They are detrimental to society and with their biggest concern being hockey they only make things worse.

What pisses me off about sports is that these people that serve no purpose to the greater good and get paid millions upon millions of dollars, but, there are people working on something that will advance society and they have a hard time making ends meet. Our Scientists get nothing and our entertainers are paid very well, as I said before, we are idiots.

The only sport I watch is MMA, which to me is the only true sport. People call it barbaric, but, it's the oldest sport. Even then, it is becoming too big with too many idiot fans.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Vancouver has some of the craziest and strictest rule governing alcohol in the so called free world.

Infact its near on impossible to buy it anywhere beside government approved places. It shows how little the Canadian has to have to drink before they go nuts and start kicking off.

The rules in Vancouver are so strictly controlled and every thing is so monitored and restricted I just vant believe what I am seeing here. The police are not handling this too well. They are using kid gloves.

Im not from this village or from Canada but even these peace loving hippies can become violent at the turn of a screw.

But over a Ice skating final. Isn't Ice skating for girls? I mean it is not really a sport is it. In some places/Countries it is practiced as a Homosexual Martial Art!! or that is what I read

edit on 15-6-2011 by testtubebaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Lunatic rioteers plus lunatic policemen = a recipe of disaster.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
For those of you interested in the significance of numbers.
The last riot in Vancouver over this very thing was 17 years almost to the day ago. Interesting.

ETA

Som Gosh, 16, said police blocked off the area and detained a number of people. "I think it was a few people. … Everybody else is watching," Gosh said. Some members of the crowd could be seen trying to hold back others. Others posed for pictures, while most wanted no part of the violence and headed in the opposite direction.

Yep, just what I thought. A couple of dumb idiots ruin it for everybody else.

www.usatoday.com...

edit on 15-6-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by juniperberry

Molatov cocktails? Doesn't that require a bit of preplanning? That doesn't sound like a spontaneous bit of mobbing to me..

Not really, a bottle of OJ, gas station and a couple bucks in your pocket. Instant riot.
Matches and a gas tank.

Sad.
Way to go, B.C. Let the world know you care more for hockey than binding taxes, and un necessary probing at airports. haha.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Just started watching the live coverage....because it happend so quickly...it does appear that some in the crowd were prepared. The crowd where the trouble started seemed to be college aged (mostly young guys). The current live coverage of the burning car is showing people posing for the pics. The crowd is behaving as if it were some over the top frat party. With many in the crowd mugging for the camera, it makes one wonder if they even understand that all that violence and destruction is real and not some video game?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Theres only 2 reasons why canadians riot.

reason 1: Hockey

reason 2: Beer

Never the less, be careful by calling name, there was a record crowd outside and by experience i can say it takes only 6-7 to start a riot and usualy they aren't local. btw calling Vancouver a hole is remarkably ignorant

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join