It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Life Expectancy Lower Than Some Parts of China and India

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Today I watched the Burzynski movie after finding out about it in this thread....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watching it reminded me of a TEDTalk video I'd seen some time ago that showed the income per person of different countries in the world vs their life expectancy. It left a mark in my memory because it was surprising to see how in 2007 the US, being richer than other countries in the world had a lower life expectancy than a number of others, including some in China and India. One of the components, maybe even the key component, that's causes that could very well be the corruption in the FDA, big pharma, etc.

On another note I also found it very interesting to see how much more the income per person was for Washington DC than the rest of the country.

I have looked around but I can't find any more current stats in relation to all this. If anyone can offer some direction that would be great.

Here's a link to the video. The segment to which I'm referring starts around 7:00 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

TEDTalk by Hans Roslin

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow
Today I watched the Burzynski movie after finding out about it in this thread....

Watching it reminded me of a TEDTalk video I'd seen some time ago that showed the income per person of different countries in the world vs their life expectancy. It left a mark in my memory because it was surprising to see how in 2007 the US, being richer than other countries in the world had a lower life expectancy than a number of others, including some in China and India. One of the components, maybe even the key component, that's causes that could very well be the corruption in the FDA, big pharma, etc.

On another note I also found it very interesting to see how much more the income per person was for Washington DC than the rest of the country.

I have looked around but I can't find any more current stats in relation to all this. If anyone can offer some direction that would be great.

Here's a link to the video. The segment to which I'm referring starts around 7:00 if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

TEDTalk by Hans Roslin

Why are you blaming corporations for this? It never ceases to amaze me how some people will blame them for anything and everything. Perhaps the life expectancy is lower because alot of Americans are lazy slobs who never excercise, sit at a desk all day and get mcdonalds 3 times a week after work while these chinese may be working hard in the field all day and living off a more nutritious diet.

Quit using corporations as your scapegoat for everything.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Maybe it's a good thing that we have a lower life expectancy, We get to be done with this BS sooner!!!
edit on 15-6-2011 by MrEuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I found an interactive map here.
www.worldlifeexpectancy.com...

From the countries I moused over on the map, Australia lives the longest on average. Canada was second longest.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthFreedomNow

Its no deep secret. The average person here is completely uneducated about nutrition.

Maybe so in India and China, but their diet is largely pant based with a bit of meat thrown in here and there.

A bigger mystery is why is it that they can have such high fat curry in India and yet the obiesity rate there is like 5% and the obiesity rate in the US is around 87%. Curry is basically oil with spinach in it. They should be fat as farms over there. Perhaps because its olive oil, or perhaps because here a person wants to eat the entire bowl of curry while in India they probably use the bowl and pour it over rice and divide it among 7 people.

And I don't remember ever reading thier life expectancy was longer. India is plauged with other health problems like kidney failure and they have problems there. I'm sure China does I just don't think China cares enough to keep tabs on it.

Or explain to me why, despite the heart association trying to urge people to cut back on red meat, there are people who think its the healthiest thing and cutting back is unhealthy.

Some people just don't get the messages. And our society programs people to have no self control. So you see people eating mountains of food cause it feels good. People in this counrty are programed not ot think, because the programing is based on how people feel.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You also need to toss out homicide which is relatively isolated in specific areas of the country and primarily hits young folks, aka gang related deaths and thus skews the figures. I have no doubt that you in general have a lower life expectancy living in downtown Memphis or Baltimore or any number of other cities than in parts, especially rural parts of just about any country.

These statistics, like most statistics are rubbish, meant to push an agenda. For example, the anti-gun crowd has used mortality statistics for years to advocate for tougher gun laws as if tougher gun laws would do anything to reduce the murder rates in Detroit or that law abiding gun owners would stop killing themselves and others were the gun laws tougher.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by TruthFreedomNow

TEDTalk by Hans Roslin

Why are you blaming corporations for this? It never ceases to amaze me how some people will blame them for anything and everything. Perhaps the life expectancy is lower because alot of Americans are lazy slobs who never excercise, sit at a desk all day and get mcdonalds 3 times a week after work while these chinese may be working hard in the field all day and living off a more nutritious diet.

Pretty much. It boils down to people not taking responsibility for their health. Food portions here are bigger than any other country, but we're less active than any other country. On top of that, the food most people isn't, is unhealthier than the rest of the world. So not only unhealthier, but more of it at a sitting.

Obesity will be the #1 cause of death in america in 10-20 years.Peole jsut don't realize how many serious problems crop up from not exercising and eating crap for years on end.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by siren8

There's healthy fat and unhealthy fat. Nuts, avacado, olive oil, coconut oil, almond/peanut butter are examples of healthy fat. Oreos, pizza and bigmacs are examples of unhealthy fat. Fat from a natural source is healthier than from a proccessed source, which fatty americans love.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
They moved all medicine manufacturing to China and the PLA was quick to have their people poison/sabotage all of it and send it to America.

Tylenol recall....Rolaids with wood slivers and metal chunks in it...the list goes on and on.

I seriously doubt the US Census. I don't think we have the numbers left they say we have. Plus 1/3rd of America will be DEAD by 2020.

Hence why Obama's giving +1 million foreigners new US citizenship every year and also why he refused to secure the southern border....we need new souls...errr....suckers.

America will be a Latino Spanish speaking nation by 2020. That's got to have Australia and England pinching their trousers with their pucker hole.

US life expectancy is low because the Baby Boomer Generation made a deal with the devil over greed for themselves. They don't even care about their own kids...never have. THEY were the "Me Me Me Generation"

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

There is no doubt that corporations are a key component in it all. Nowhere did I say they are the ONE AND ONLY issue so please refrain from trying to paint me with your black and white view of the world. Noone questions that exercising and nutritious food has an impact. But when you look at the deceptions being carried out on the public by these organizations, the pushing of pharma drugs, the subsidization of unhealthy foods by government, the constant removal of accessibility to more and more vitamins and herbs, etc. it is pretty clear that between corporations and government they are certainly having a negative impact.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The US system of health care seems to be run in a way that there's profit off it. Research money, pharmaceuticals, private clinics........
I don't see a focus on prevention. Doctors seem quick to prescribe something. The symptom gets treated, not so much the cause of the illnesses.

Canada focuses a lot on health education and prevention - they have to, our medical costs are covered at the federal/provincial level. If too many of us get sick too much, it costs our governments more money. When the swine flu was going on, they didn't even push for vaccines very much. They told us to eat properly and take our vitamin D though.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

[

No, i doubt that the individual is at fault, take a look at Australia, we’re battling an obesity “epidemic” of our own, and yet we have the 4th highest life expectancy in the world-if i remember correctly.

if i had to guess, It’s most likely your healthcare system that’s at fault.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

Snowspirit, thanks for the link. There are some very interesting graphs there. I was surprised to see how high infant mortality is. It's the highest age bracket across all ages.

posted on Feb, 14 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Obviously, Americans don't wanna hear it.

Lets ignore it and it will go away, eh?

top topics

join