It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I will never time travel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I think I can prove that in my lifetime I will never travel in time.

OK, so I am going to write myself a note and swear to keep it with me until the day I die. It simply says, stand on the steps of parliament house at 11:30 PM on 16 June 2011 wearing a red hat.

Now I am just going to look out of the window for 5 minutes.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterBurns

LOL but what if you can only time travel to parallel universe, how can you prove that you wont travel to a parallel earth?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
OK so I was never there, I saw a bloke in a hi-vis vest that might have looked like me and a really old Rolls Royce drive past, posible hits.

So it could be that I have forgotted the correct time and date in the future. But if everyone gives it a go and see if there are any dubious 'hits'.

You could also try graffiti your initials on a certain wall so that way you really only have to remember the year and the wall to go back in time too.

Oh be prepared for the massive come down knowing that you wont time travel, i feel really low right now, like taking some pills, hey, maybe thats why I didnt make the time travel, oh this is so confusing.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Hate to pop your bubble but your experiment is slightly flawed. All your going to prove is that you'll not time travel back to June 16, 2011and/or be able to stand on the steps of parliament house at 11:30 PM wearing a red hat on said date.

You may still someday time travel and even try to carry out your experiment and fail. In all likelihood if you were to ever time travel you would never be allowed to travel to where and when you want.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterBurns
I think I can prove that in my lifetime I will never travel in time.

OK, so I am going to write myself a note and swear to keep it with me until the day I die. It simply says, stand on the steps of parliament house at 11:30 PM on 16 June 2011 wearing a red hat.

Now I am just going to look out of the window for 5 minutes.

You can´t travel in time, because apparently, time doesn´t exists

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I travel backwards in time every year when I visit New York and Vegas!
For instance, I board my plane at mid day and fly for eleven hours to Vegas only to land four hours before I took off from England!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starrunner
Hate to pop your bubble but your experiment is slightly flawed. All your going to prove is that you'll not time travel back to June 16, 2011and/or be able to stand on the steps of parliament house at 11:30 PM wearing a red hat on said date.

You may still someday time travel and even try to carry out your experiment and fail. In all likelihood if you were to ever time travel you would never be allowed to travel to where and when you want.

At least i am trying a physical excercise rather than philosophising, I'll try again this afternoon, at a different location, probably the library cos I need to return some books.

Instead of bursting my bubble, give it a go, I recon "Burns theory of time travel" stands up as a valid law in physics, yes of course there may be something preventing me getting to parliament house at 1130 but if I had a time machine I would have loads of chances to do it, now if more and more people try my experiment the data will improve and eventually we can run some statistics on it.

So far its 0 - 1 with a 0.4% chance it was me in the Rolls Royce and a 0.5% chance i was the fat guy in the hi-visibility vest running past.

I'll keep the statistics from the comments here, ask your friends to try too.

top topics

join