It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libyan Rebels make advanced DIY weapons - full link to pic's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Ok.. I for one thought this pretty cool. For a small army made up of civilians and army defectors this is some pretty advanced DIY.

Your thoughts would be appreciated?

Source

Peace.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I agree and an obvious sign of reality. Unfortunately you are guaranteed to get a gazillion replies saying the rebels are CIA operatives or guided by CIA operatives and that Gadaffi is a really nice man who has upset the NWO/TPTB and it's an oil induced conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
I agree and an obvious sign of reality. Unfortunately you are guaranteed to get a gazillion replies saying the rebels are CIA operatives or guided by CIA operatives and that Gadaffi is a really nice man who has upset the NWO/TPTB and it's an oil induced conspiracy.

hahaha yes you are probably correct there malcr!

I find it odd that most users of ATS are all about freedoms and revolution and yet many of them do not support the rebels and instead see a bigger conspiracy... however.. the gold dinar thing was a tad sus though.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I've been shopping for #25 for years now. Title was kind of misleading on the article, I figured it was going to be more improvised weaponry than modified weapons.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Well if my country was to start a revolution with a hand full of rebels
supported by a very large and corrupted system called NATO
who kill people with GM foods and cancer under the name that its
incurable, fight war in afghanistan to get drugs in the multi million industry
(well duh no one will scrap that money are they dumb?)
and go to iraq saying mass destruction weapons are there and then go to not be found.

I would stick a finger up and tell em to go # themselves.
GO GADAFFI.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by j35us

Well.. modifying a rocket launcher which is supposed to attached to a jet and sticking onto your car is pretty DIY... hell.. I am computer programmer and accountant by trade .... i am good at that.. but can I put up a set of shelves for the mrs? NOPE!! lol

And due to my complete crapiness at DIY I do find this absolutely amazing!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

I guess it's a matter of motivation. I do security auditing myself (both physical and digital) and for the sake of costs do a lot of improvisation myself. I know my way around hand/power tools, lathes, etc. What they're doing is impressive but would I call them DIY weapons? Not exactly. Just a matter of word choice I guess.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
gotta love those rocket launchers being modified to fit onto the back of a toyota,

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by w3nd1g0

Not terribly impressed.
They welded tubes and guns onto trucks, that has been done for a long time by folks with less.
They did build some mean looking Molotovs though.
Gimme a day inside toys r us and a good budget and I could really show you some advanced weaponry.
First stop lemme grab some Estes D rocket engines!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Yup agreed.. I have been a fan of the A-Team since I was a kid

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
one has to wonder if toyota ever thort there trucks would be used this way lol warranty by any chance lol

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Looks kinda like the improvised weapons that Hamas uses. Only difference is that Hamas are considered terrorists

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
The pics alone were a fascinating look at the rebs--lively and vibrant folk. Great photographer. Not much DIY that I could personally come up with...'cept mebbe them cocktails.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Interesting reversal here...A while back, Libya fought a little-known series of skirmishes along their southern border with Chad.
Chad is among the very poorest of nations, and the scrappy army of that nation routinely handed the Libyan's butts to them by mounting rockets and heavy machine guns on relatively agile pickup trucks and the like, using "shoot and scoot" tactics against enemy tanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
man thats a insayne amount of weapond they seized

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
The pics alone were a fascinating look at the rebs--lively and vibrant folk. Great photographer. Not much DIY that I could personally come up with...'cept mebbe them cocktails.

Yup, not that much DIY for sure. Nice pics though.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

edit on 23-6-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Just curious, if these are all captured weapons etc, when did you American's start supplying Libya with F-2000 assualt rifles as shown in pic 25.

To me that sounds like it was supplied to the rebels, it even looks pretty dan new

top topics

join