It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Real alien/ufo sightings?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Have real alien or alien ufo sigtings ever been captured on film or camera?
Some of the figures dont seem to add up for me....
Look at it this way, how many people are there in the world and how many of them believe we are being visited by extraterrestrial life? Then think how many of these people actively go out of their way to look for these ufo/aliens.
Now even if this number got down to 50000 people, surely somebody by now would have got an absolutely undeniable picture or some film evedence where anybody who looked at it would be able to tell without a doubt that it was something not from this planet.Lets be honest, nearly everybody has a mobile phone, and the majority of phones now have decent cameras on them, more than capable of taking a clear picture (video is different

Now i believe that there is other life in the universe, and anybody who doesnt is just plain silly, but... why is the so called evidence always grainy and usually able to be debunked as simple things?
Now on to the governments and people in charge.
Do you really think with the amount of people actively looking for these things, they would be able to keep things covered up? With sites such as this and just the internet in general, a real sighting be it picture or video would surely go viral and hit msm in a matter of hours, and there is no way that it could be stopped by a few governmeny officials that want to keep it under wraps. Just look at the mess most countries are in at present and tell me that the powers that be have what it takes to keep a proper secret without any leaks or mistakes....

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Here is what I consider to be one of ,if not the best real UFO sighting on record .

Here is the paperwork
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
To me its another nice story, with no solid evidence or images of what was actually seen.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by 2012king

Well if you need video footage try this , from 2.00 on the video.

Original Un-narrated footage

Or maybe this.

edit on 15-6-2011 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Its the same again though, why is the footage always so poor quality? there are that many cameras out there capable of HD pictures and video that there is no reason why people cant get really good footage. I know the videos you posted were not all that recent but still, not an awful lot could be seen.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Everywhere I go,
without exception,
I carry a small HD camera,
with the battery fully charged and a spare,
in case the opportunity presents itself to film anything UFO related.

Do you?

For some reason, unlike the land of the free,
Ireland does not seem to be high on the visitors' sight seeing list

Perhaps they don't like rain?
edit on 15/6/11 by Donegal_TDI because: typo

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Phoenix Lights Probably the best in my opinion

even the governor didnt know what it was.

Then there were the UFo's over Capitol I don't have alot of info on this one though. Still Interesting though. Maybe they just planes but according to the story alot of people did not believe they were planes.

and the press conference

edit on 15-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by TheLogicalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Donegal_TDI

I have an HD camera and video on my phone that is always with me, England is the same as Ireland with regards to rain though

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All of the videos here just prove my point, there is not one video out there where you get a really good view of whatever it is that is flying around. That just makes me wonder if we really are being visited. Its not like its a new thing that we have only just realised is happening though so there is no real reason why there arent any decent pics or vids about if they really are flying around. I took a snap of a chinook flying over my house the other day on my phone, and it was a split second thing, pulling the phone out and taking a snap, and i can easily zoom in and see with plenty of detail what it was that i was taking a picture of.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Why this senseless, shortsight argument claiming a lack of good images?

It is senseless in the regard that you are kidding yourself (and some of us) that you would accept any "best ever" phone image of a UFO.

And shortsighted in that it would be proof of what?
What would you ascertain from the "best ever" phone camera image?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

ATS Terms and Conditions of Use

1k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on ATS or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

So remember:

* Link
* Description
* Review/Opinion

edit on June 15th 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

There are plenty of unknown ships sighted.
A Oval ship was seen landing and taking off in New Mexico in the 1940s.
Rex Heflin saw the flat disc UFO noted in UFO Hunters.
Wing and Triangle UFOs were observed at low altitudes.
Witness collaboration had enough information to make sufficiently detailed models.
There is a strange Russian ship that apparently has no visible means of propulsion
so lets hope they were foolish enough to use the hidden system.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
this video is the best documented proof yet.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by toktaylor

Did you even bother to test your post to see if your link worked?
2nd

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Gortex and others have shown some decent anomaly. In the OP'S post there is mention of a belief in life elsewhere. On the face of it then, the only issue is one of the technology of space travel between planets, and the time alloted, (the life cycle of a given planet to evolve intelligent life enough to have technology capable of travelling between planets) in our case an estimated four billion years, with another billion left. That leaves us with that billion to use the technology/science to perpetuate and evolve our species to a galactic survival, then perhaps a universal mode. Given then, that our own science and technology has really exploded in a few hundred years, it should be obvious that we are only at a beginning of what is possible. We don't even need to mind the theoretical big bang start of the universe from a singularity whatever that was, because we are here, no matter what, but we can't stay here forever, at least on our current state of knowledge. So the end game in current thinking is to traverse the planets, and if there are other planetary lifeforms other than us, they will be doing something similar in the same paradigm, according to their knowledge and since all biology as we know is mortal, although not extinct, except in form, so far.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

Why this senseless, shortsight argument claiming a lack of good images?

It is senseless in the regard that you are kidding yourself (and some of us) that you would accept any "best ever" phone image of a UFO.

And shortsighted in that it would be proof of what?
What would you ascertain from the "best ever" phone camera image?

Sorry but i dont see how it is short sighted or senseless. It was just a general question as to why all captured footage always seems to be of poor quality. I didnt start this thread to see what peoples opinions are of what they think is the best footage, as to me they all seem the same. Something in the distance that could be anything. I was wondering what people thought with regards to the numbers of people who are looking for the ultimate clear picture/video of something that is completely unexplained, and why up to now, nothing has come up. Are you trying to tell me that there are really good clear images out there that are not immediately called fake? If so, i have never found any and believe me i have looked.
There are thousands of pictures and videos all over the web but the majority look exactly the same. Just a small blob or light flying around. If there was something flying around from another planet, do you not think it would have been properly pictured by now? Like I said, most people now have the capability to take a decent high quality picture at short notice, yet there are still none about

edit on 16-6-2011 by 2012king because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I don't see a great deal of difference between this thread and one that was posted last year , maybe you can find your answer there .

Show us ONE, just one UFO pic or ANY evidence that can be proven as evidence of visitation

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Do you think that the US government has weapons and technology that we as citizens don't know about or do you think that we know about everything that the military has? There must be thousands of people who know about such technology, but where is it on film? If you do some homework, you will find that there are many examples of people effectively hiding such things from public knowledge.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Had a quick flick through and to be honest, it is similair to most other threads regarding alien UFOs. It just turns into an argument

Mine is a simple question that seems to be avoided by most people who love a good conspiracy, wether it be true or false. Why are there no high quality images of alien UFOs, especially if sightings are as common as people say they are?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by TheFlash

I agree that the military are keeping infornation secret with regards to the technology they have, however this thread isnt about military tech, its about alien tech. I am sure that most of the reported sightings are to do with the military but there is no way it could ever be proven unless they wanted us to know about it. I suppose it goes the same way that if we are being visited by beings from somewhere other than earth, there is no real way the government could prevent us from knowing about it. Sure, if they got hold of info or proof before the general public they could keep it secret, however this doesnt take away from the fact that the general public should be able to get their own clear proof of said activity

top topics

<<   2 >>

join