It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Oil In Israel – Could Rival Saudi Arabia's

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Newly Discovered Oil In Israel – Could Rival Saudi Arabia's

www.thesourcedaily.com...

New data suggests Israel may not only have much larger gas resources than believed, but also the 3rd largest deposit of oil shale in the world.

A new assessment was released late last year by Dr. Yuval Bartov, chief geologist for Israel Energy Initiatives, at the yearly symposium of the prestigious Colorado School of Mines. He presented data that our oil shale reserves are actually the equivalent of 250 billion barrels (that compares with 260 billion barrels in the proven reserves of Saudi Arabia).

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.jpost.com...
www.presstv.com...
edit on 15-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Please, refer to the additional news links (JPost) for the original story. I'm not sure how credible this story really is, but if true, it would have serious complications for the monopoly position of the Arab world as well as for that of Israel. Israel has become a nuisance as soon as the Cold War came to an end, but could now prove to become an important partner in securing stability in oil supplies to the West.

Meanwhile PressTV reports that the Palestinians feel that Israel is looting its natural reserves:

Palestinian energy officials have blasted Israel for the looting of Gaza's natural resources, saying the reserves legally belong to Palestinians.

Earlier this week, American crude oil and gas exploration giant, Noble Energy, obtained permission from Israeli officials to begin developing a natural gas field off the Gaza Strip coastline, a Press TV report said Tuesday.

Israeli regime's ministry of national infrastructure has claimed the shortage of natural gas supplies was the main reason behind granting approval to the US corporation to develop the field.

The link to the story is provided as well in the additional sources.

www.thesourcedaily.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-6-2011 by Mdv2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

So it's not just Palestinian land being stolen?
How unexpected coming from Israel.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Go on Obama!

Invade Israel for their Oil!

Oh thats right,
they own you.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Sooo, does this mean America will be invading Israel in the not too distant future?

This will be good.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
My thread from 2010...... same oil????

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Good now Israel can stop leaching American tax payers for aid.

I wonder how much they owed the American tax payer after all these years, maybe we can have the national debt paid

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I've said it before and will say it again...world events are shaping up so as to make Ezekiel 38-39 relevant.

Paraphrasing..it says the world looked on Israel enviously and greedily...before they were attacked by an alliance of surrounding countries...an alliance that has yet to be seen, but is in the formulative stages.... Turkey(Gommer), Syria, Iran(Persia), Egypt, Ethiopia, Lybia, and Russia... they will be defeated by the Israelis on the Golan Heights and fronteirs overlooking Israel

It will be tactically nuclear...the bodies and weapons flagged for disposal by specially clothed and trained teams...

read it and weep.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

Don't expect that anytime soon. After all, there already democracy in place there, so using the excuse of bringing regime change doesn't work there (albeit it would definitely not be a bad thing
) In all seriousness, the vast majority of members of congress have been brought to power through financial aid of the Israel lobby (AIPAC), so most are pro-Israel and regularly act in the interest of Israel, rather than in the interest of the American people.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
psst - don't tell anyone - there is no such thing as 'peak' oil.
oil is naturally occurring.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

I agree why doesnt joe public ever have a say in where our taxes go
or for that matter who we go to war with were like little kids being told what to do
even though its out cash

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I've said it before and will say it again...world events are shaping up so as to make Ezekiel 38-39 relevant.

Paraphrasing..it says the world looked on Israel enviously and greedily...before they were attacked by an alliance of surrounding countries...an alliance that has yet to be seen, but is in the formulative stages.... Turkey(Gommer), Syria, Iran(Persia), Egypt, Ethiopia, Lybia, and Russia... they will be defeated by the Israelis on the Golan Heights and fronteirs overlooking Israel

It will be tactically nuclear...the bodies and weapons flagged for disposal by specially clothed and trained teams...

read it and weep.

Firstly, i couldn't think of a single person who would envy Israel. Secondly, Israel would be squashed in a war against Russia, Turkey or any other similar size nation. Israelis cream of the crop, also known as "Commandoes" are recruited out of school and are the laughing stock in front of the worlds special forces.

By the way... believing a quote from a book that's sole purpose is to control the dumb population... is well dumb.

The Israeli government are the ones who are scared, i would be to if i were in their shoes.
edit on 15-6-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by aRogue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Occurs the bible talks about Israel, is their book after all and their ancestors wrote it, who else will they be talking and praising around, their enemies? they alwasy will put themselves first.

edit on 15-6-2011 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Another source of war again .

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibajaba

My thoughts exactly.

I'm starting to think there is oil EVERYWHERE if you drill deep enough.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Yet another good reason to buy electric cars and set things up to draw their charge from the sun and wind.

You can bet your sweet @rs the price of crude will never come down.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   

........it's called Abiotic Hydrocarbons......forms oil under extreme heat and pressure. BP tapped into this in the GOM, that's why they wouldn't give it up and Obamanians kept a tight lid on it.

Think of the billions lost if official word got out.........it won't happen!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oil Shale is the last place you want to go for oil
There is no abiotic oil
We are past peak

Got that from the horses mouth -- brother in-law is a Geo physicist with Aspbergers. Has explored all over the world.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

My thoughts exactly.

I'm starting to think there is oil EVERYWHERE if you drill deep enough.

Yeah, except there's a big problem with that whole idea that profiteers can't seem to understand:

Oil was formed from biological material over 2 billion years. It was formed by organisms that absorbed the CO2 atmosphere of the Earth and expelled oxygen as a waste product. There is no reversal for the effects of burning oil, in human terms. As we burn oil, we are turning the Earth's atmosphere back into a CO2 environment.

The only things that will survive that will be vegetation and cyanobacteria.

EDIT: Oh, and I doubt this is a new discovery. I bet it was known for about as long as the US starting backing Israel to the hilt.
edit on 15-6-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Great, yet another reason for everyone to fight over that little patch just off the Mediterranean.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join