It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Oil In Israel – Could Rival Saudi Arabia's

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
now you know the real reason iran wants isreal gone.

and i hate to burst the oil shale bubble but advancements have been made in the reclaimation process.

isreal has just secured its future and the opec states in the middle east wont have that.

link   
reply to post by Mdv2

D'ya think they'll get their mouths off of the American teet now???

I wonder how much they give to the actual owners in Gaza, if they give enough it could buy lasting peace but on the other hand there's all that loot to think of, decisions decisions.

link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
I've said it before and will say it again...world events are shaping up so as to make Ezekiel 38-39 relevant.

Paraphrasing..it says the world looked on Israel enviously and greedily...before they were attacked by an alliance of surrounding countries...an alliance that has yet to be seen, but is in the formulative stages.... Turkey(Gommer), Syria, Iran(Persia), Egypt, Ethiopia, Lybia, and Russia... they will be defeated by the Israelis on the Golan Heights and fronteirs overlooking Israel

It will be tactically nuclear...the bodies and weapons flagged for disposal by specially clothed and trained teams...

read it and weep.

I agree it may be relevant, but let's be honest here, the bible does not predict nuclear war. Now the Mahabarata maybe, but not the bible.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Oil Shale is the last place you want to go for oil
There is no abiotic oil
We are past peak

Got that from the horses mouth -- brother in-law is a Geo physicist with Aspbergers. Has explored all over the world.

Really?
Tell that to Greece, Israel and Cyprus, who in the territories between them, some of which overlap, have a # load of not only oil but natural gas, most of which is untapped yet.

Do you know how big Australia is? They have not only discovered massive gas fields off the coasts, but also oil. They even have oil drilling in the outback. Not to mention all the other resources.
Most of Australia is unexplored when it comes to natural resources.

The Spratley islands in Asia...why do you think they are so hotly contested by a bunch of countries? Because of the oil that lies beneath. Why do you think China warned off the others from searching for oil?

In Turkey, they've discovered more oil in the Black Sea and eastern territories.

There's a # load of untapped oil in North America too, including shale oil.

Do you want me to go on? Those are just the ones off the top of my head. I'm sure if people start doing some serious research they'll come across even more examples.

Peak oil is a load of crap, a modern age myth. There is no reason why oil should be above 100 dollars a barrel like it currently is. Top oil executives have even said it should be no higher then 60-70 dollars.

So why is it nearly double?

For the same reason that when it drops in price, that the drop is not passed on to consumers at the pumps.

GREED & PROFITS!!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I respect your opinion, but I disagree...Ezekiel specifically mentions tourists and people visiting Israel after the confrotation, finding bodies and not being allowed to touch them..only special teams are allowed to handle the bodies...which are placed down wind of Jerusalem.

The weapons and weapons carriers are burned and it will take 7 years to burn all of them.

When the bodies are found, they have to be marked and isolated...if not nuclear,... biological?.. chemical?...neutron weapon?

Ezekiel further states Israel will be standing alone...unthinkable until recently...where is the USA? Well, in view of recent diplomatic developements..it is concievable that Israel will stand alone...

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlreadyGone
...where is the USA? Well, in view of recent diplomatic developements..it is concievable that Israel will stand alone...

Or modify and mollify their behaviour attitudes and words and thus not be alone having brought themselves back in from the cold and re joined the community of nations and their standards of behaviour, easy peasy

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Ok you just keep plucking that chicken.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

we are not past peak oil, we maybe approaching the peak of "easy" oil. but there are some many other sources of oil out there but it is oil that you have to put energy into to get energy out of and that costs money that the oil companies don't want to spend unless they really have to

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

There is no abiotic oil
We are past peak

Got that from the horses mouth -- brother in-law is a Geo physicist with Aspbergers. Has explored all over the world.

Thank you for adding some reason to this thread.

Agree entirely.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jed001

we are not past peak oil, we maybe approaching the peak of "easy" oil. but there are some many other sources of oil out there but it is oil that you have to put energy into to get energy out of and that costs money that the oil companies don't want to spend unless they really have to

Peak of easy oil -- that is the definition of Peak Oil

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

There is no abiotic oil
We are past peak

Thank you for adding some reason to this thread.

Agree entirely.

Thanks if you knew how many hours upon hours of geological minutiae I had to endure to learn that (you would send me flowers). Aspbergers -- good for those afflicted -- not so good for those that surround them. My father in law is also an oil geologist and my sister in law is does mapping for an oil company. If I had know what holiday dinner table conversation was going to be about I would have stayed single.

BTW best oil forum theoildrum.com...
edit on 16-6-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Paraphrasing..it says the world looked on Israel enviously and greedily...before they were attacked by an alliance of surrounding countries...an alliance that has yet to be seen, but is in the formulative stages.... Turkey(Gommer), Syria, Iran(Persia), Egypt, Ethiopia, Lybia, and Russia... they will be defeated by the Israelis on the Golan Heights and fronteirs overlooking Israel

NO. NO. NO.

Get your apocalyptic gibberish away from reality please. Plenty of people in power on both sides who are as delusional as to believe self-fulfilling prophecies - of course it will lead to war. But please take these delusions into religious forums, thank you very much.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Then I wonder what your wife does

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

She loves geology but she went into sales -- she has always wanted to own a rock shop.

One other thought on abiotic oil. Lets just give it to you, the deniers if you will. All oil is abiotic..to fill the vast reserves which arguably, we have managed to use mostly up in the last 60 years (my life time). That oil filled those voids in how many millenia. Does it really make a difference where it came from. Same thing is happening to the aquifers like the one that runs from the Dakotas to Texas. It takes hundreds of years to fill that reserve up -- we can pump way more than comes in. The aquifer is disappearing.

So it just doesn't make any difference how the oil was made -- the natural process is way to slow to keep up. I'm betting on genetically modified algae.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Israel will be destroyed by Iran and then we will have cheaper oil......DRINKS ALL AROUND

edit on 16-6-2011 by anumohi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
God bless Israel. May their economy reach to the sky. May they have no need to depend upon the handouts of other nations and one time friends who turn their back on her. May God protect Israel from her enemies. And may Israel DRILL BABY DRILL... cause we won't.

All that oil is sure to upset the present order of power around the world.

edit on 16-6-2011 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
God bless Israel. May their economy reach to the sky. May they have no need to depend upon the handouts of other nations and one time friends who turn their back on her. May God protect Israel from her enemies. And may Israel DRILL BABY DRILL... cause we won't.

All that oil is sure to upset the present order of power around the world.

The comments on this thread verge on humor-like, light-hearted anti-Israel rants but the implications of this news seems to elude the ones posting these comments.

Oil is a "drug" and the "pushers" of this "drug" won't like another "pusher" invading their territory to push their product. Something is going to break soon and it won't be pretty.

Land, that was rightfully taken by Israel, has been the disputed issue for decades concerning Israel and the Palestinians. I'm afraid now, land will take the back-burner in any future discussions about the Israeli-Arab relationship.

This news, in other words, is the very beginning of what we've been told for many years about the 'end of the world' or the Armageddon if you so will.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is interesting, the news about the oil is been around since 2010, that is because the oil in the land is not good , also the problem that the oil extends into Lebanese, waters and border.

Now, who said something about Armageddon? I wonder it is because Israel will get greedy enough to fight Lebanon for the oil in the water while trying to extend their borders.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

How can you say Israel is greedy? I believe it'll be the other way around. End time prophecies state that the United States will stand alond with Israel as the two face the entire world.

It's no secrert the the United States is the largest consumer of crude in the world and with the OPEC prices on oil being so outrageous, I can see this prophecy coming to a head.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Intelearthling

Sorry to to add this, While the US is still the biggest consumer of oil is not on energy, the way China is growing and now making cars, they are to become the largest consumer of oil by 2020 so strategist said, it took 11 years to be now the largest consumer of energy

Fueling the dragon: China's race into the oil market
www.iags.org...

Now, I don't believe in prophecies as I am not a bible prophecy follower to me is all nothing but lore. Now with that out in the open I still stand on what I said about Israel.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join