It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 more people arrested in Florida for feeding homeless, 15 arrested in the last 2 weeks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+33 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Seriously, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THOSE PEOPLE?

No, not the ones feeding the homeless. The cops enforcing this stupid law? And the judges for allowing this to happen? And the legislature for passing this in the first place?

3 More Arrested on 6/13/11 for feeding the homeless in Orlando

3 more activists arrested for breaking the group feeding ordinance in Orlando. This makes 15 total arrests in the past 2 weeks.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I don't know what to say anymore we must remove these in-human police. They are Gestapo. They are jack-boots they are scum.

I hope we remember these when the revolution hits. We will have our vengeance on these government serfs.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
do not feed your fellow man when he is down

get use to seeing them down there

with out ever being permitted to do the morale thing

when we allow this

we deserve this

FIGHT BACK YOU SHEEP

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Well, looks like I need three things.

A bus ticket to Florida, a sack full of sandwiches, and an overnight bag.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Filth they are filth.

The downside is, nothing will happen until a revolution.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
when you goto the zoo do you feed the animals??
no.
so dont feed these animals either, theyre there for our amusement.

I can't abide those Jawas, disgusting creatures

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Can you or any one explain to me what purpose this law serves?
I must be missing something!

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Please, could someone explain to me why this is illegal in the USA?
My wife and I go along the canal du Midi in Toulouse and help there to feed the homeless that set their tents along the bank. Although the local police show up, they never interfere.

I just do not understand. Could someone fill me in?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

I don't know what reason they have given for this BS, but it's probably the usual ``if you feed the homeless, more homeless people will come and it will destroy tourism``... or some BS reason like that.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

When you feed the homeless, they will return on the same spot again and again? They do not want that, I think.
What else could there be a reason for?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I couldn 't believe my eyes reading this!

Its at the heart of humanity, except trolls, to help your neighbour when they are in distress. Funnily enough if they are hungry to starving that means unconditional help with food.

You need to get to the individual who suggested this nasty anti-humanity thought and the equally nasty piece of work that authorized it. Make them accountable and out of office. This kind of thought and action is destructive not constructive. I can understand wanting to make checks that the food is hygienic and OK.

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
It's basically an underhanded way of trying to drive the homeless from an area. Rather than address the problem and help the people, city councils generally decide that the Podunka Lake Peanut Packing festival celebration's massive tourist turnout of twelve would be threatened by some old guy having a rest on a park bench, eating a hoagie. So they punish the people who seek to help out the guy.

Not only does it punish the good Samaritans, but it also shames the homeless persons and discourages them from seeking help because of fear that whoever helps them will be accosted by the pigs

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
They are arrested because human kindness is a viewed as a plague upon the people. If you do the right thing and somebody notices and subsequently does the right thing, it will spread like a virus. Kindness will not be tolerated by the NWO. It is viewed with disgust and a total lack of understanding. Why would anybody do this without requesting a tax break? We don't understand. There is no profit in it. If there is no profit there is no point. This could lead to other random acts of kindness. We must nip this in the bud.

Nonsense.

Everybody should do something meaningful for their fellow man. Even if it's only once a year. Anything that would reward nothing but a slightly warm fuzzy feeling that most of us have forgotten.

Then when everybody is satiated, and converting fuel to energy, use that energy to beat the hell out of anybody who believes differently.

We just might all be starving in a year or so.. Keep that in mind.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
For a country that claims to be a Christian nation, the actions of the police are not very Christian. I imagine if Jesus did return he would be banged up within a week. In the UK we are trying to encourage society to take a bigger role in volunteering, helping with the homeles etc. Why are Americans being arrested for being decent?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Well this is just a Draconian and Fascist law now isn't it.

Probably passed because they know more Americans are going hungry and the Elite want them to starve to death. So police enforce murder through starvation. I'd quite the police force on this law period.

Police state anyone?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
that is hilarious... i mean wow...

so funny... I am surprised its not bigger news.

Is it illegal to feed only them, should't it be illegal to feed all people then,
doesn't it violate constitutional rights to single them out because of their lack of a home?
I mean they are still citizens of the state, so they have basic laws protecting them,
falls under

Any lawyers here??

Section. 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

"nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the EQUAL protection of the laws"

so if it's illegal to feed homeless they would have to

a> extend it to all peoples which fall under the jurisdiction of that law, which means anyone on the street
ex>feeding children, or giving them food.

b>review the law and find it unconstitutional

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   

You are probably right - its all about the money..... as usual.

Im in England, and recently a friends son who is employed by Pizza Hut was given a written warning for giving a homeless man left-over food at the end of the evening instead of throwing it away in the slop bin.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Up until yesterday, I didn't know why these sorts of things are happening. I didn't connect Bilderberg plans for a NWO, Obama's about face, the earthquakes , the floods, the world famine, the supposed detention camps being built around the world, WW3 about to break out around the world. I stumbled across the following website last night, and I have an answer for you. Many Christian groups regularly feed the homeless. The last sign if the end of Times has now started in America. The harassment then eventual slaughter of Christians for their faith.
www.endtimes-bibleprophecy.com...
Peace

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by katseyes

Good for your friend. He deserves a medal, not a warning. I think all fast food outlets, stores and restuarants should adopt a similar scheme in order to save waste and feed those that are less fortunate than us.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
What is going on with America? Life is so hard right now for folks and now they want to jail the people who have the decency to lend a helping hand? What message are we sending to our children, that it is a crime to help feed those who are less fortunate then you?

You know what I think is happening here......they want people to be pissed off at the cops and think that it is so corrupt which it is, but perhaps they have bigger plans like making the states military run vs cops. This would not surprise me at all.

DIGUSTING DISPLAY OF LAW INFORCEMENT ABUSING OUR HUMAN RIGHTS!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join