3 more people arrested in Florida for feeding homeless, 15 arrested in the last 2 weeks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Does anyone have a link to the bill ?

I cant believe a bill was past making it illegal to feed someone

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
they should arrest the homeless too so at least they can eat some prison food.

Disgusting law. Disgusting cops.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Our government loves a volunteer because that's less public services for them to actually have to spend our tax money on.

You must have noticed that Gov UK loves only the top 5% of the population, because they are the majority of people who make up Gov UK.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lynda101

I could not have put that better myself. Well said.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

The 'official' reason:

Officials said transients gathering for weekly meals create safety and sanitary problems for businesses.

One of the commissioners, a former police officer, who opposed the ordinance:

Ings said that although the commissioners are casting the ordinance as a public-safety issue, it is really an issue of the city wanting to "cover up" the homeless problem.

Another US City Outlaws Feeding Homeless

edit on 15-6-2011 by jeanvaljean because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
What is going on with America? Life is so hard right now for folks and now they want to jail the people who have the decency to lend a helping hand? What message are we sending to our children, that it is a crime to help feed those who are less fortunate then you?

The message we've been sending our children for the last several decades is one where selfishness is a virtue. Where fiscal worth is the sole measure of human worth. People will stop to help up a well-dressed lady who falls in the street within seconds, but the apparent bag lady can lay there for minutes, or hours even while people just walk by. We idolize the Trumps and Hiltons of the world, and then scream and rant about mothers who use food stamps.

Our politics absolutely hinge on this idea. Our media absolutely hinges on this idea. As much as I hate to say it, America itself hinges on the idea that those who have wealth are human and those who lack are below consideration. It's been this way since the start, honestly, just that we had a brief golden age of ethical behavior between the 1940's and 2000's.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
WOW America, home of free and land of the brave, or is that home of the brave and land of the free, never could remember, but anyway seems to be a total falsity now
absolutely disgusting, shocking to see really, you can say now the US is officially a fascist state

The only bright side to this very sad state of affairs is the true courage and bravery of normal honest to goodness Americans, standing up for what is right, and while this is a sad indicative moment for America, those people standing up against this tyrannous law and feeding those unfortunate people, knowing they faced arrest and prosecution but still when ahead and did what is right,, that was the spirit of the Boston tea party, that was the spirit of 1776 and it warms my heart to see, and restores my faith in people, and I say that as a Brit, well done to them that make the right choice and stand for what is right

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
If people take care of each other without government assistance they cannot be effectively controlled or directed as the state deems necessary. The state requires dependency on the central government. It has been reported that 39% of the populace is dependent on food stamps for survival. Can anyone think of a better way for the Marxists to control a larger segment of the population?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
There's one sure way to change this and that is by voting. Vote the SOB's out off office and elect people with souls sounds like a good start to me.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lokdog
There's one sure way to change this and that is by voting. Vote the SOB's out off office and elect people with souls sounds like a good start to me.

Sorry but voting just does not seem to work obviously, this is clearly a push comes to shove scenario. you would think by now people would get the idea, and vote people out, (not that it hasnt been tried before) But this avenue of approach never works, money gets people elected not votes. Some day this is going to backfire in the cops faces, and they are gonna get hurt bad, then again, the cops have it coming right folks?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by lokdog

I agree with you but we have been singing that same refrain for at least 12 years and it has become that same old song.

We may live in an ever changing world but some things still remain the same. If half the people that come to ATS would put their words into actions we would at least be able to leave a mark to show that we were actually in the battle.

I know from personal experience that it is an uneven fight and that we may not win the war but we don't have to make it easy for them.

There is a lot to be said in the statement "Render unto Caesar what is Caesar's." If we can't win the war let them have those spoils that will end up in a landfill in a few years. They only really win when they can claim your mind, your heart and your soul.

Many have given up on the voting process. They know that it is rigged and filled with corruption, so they talk a good game but are reticent to put on the cleats and deal with a few grass stains or bruises since they have no faith in the abilities of themselves or their fellowman.

American in her days of highest glory did not get there without a lot of determination, sacrifice, blood, sweat and tears. She has never been perfect but she came close a few times. Unfortunately she has become a replica of herself. A stock car with a authentic looking shell, with the appearance of the original but lacking an engine.

The people that built this country made up the guts of America and they were the little engine that could. They didn't just think they could, they did. Too bad that too many have died without replacements. Now America is a shell missing an engine. The original engine is sitting on blocks, burnt out, leaking oil, clogged up and missing too many parts.

We are fooling ourselves if we think that things will get better with time and that somebody is going to drop from the sky to rescue us. We can keep buffing that shell and sipping tea but until we get that engine up, back in place, refit and cranked up, we don't have chance at winning the race.

We are living on borrowed time. If we are waiting for the perfect time, it has past. Every second we wait, every injustice we ignore, every opportunity that passes, brings us closer to a very bitter end. I am afraid that no one is going to get through this one unscathed. Whether you stand up or not, in the end you will still be battered, and bruised. If you know you are going to get the snot beat out of you whether you resist or play dead, wouldn't you want to at least try to defend yourself? We all have to make a decision because if we don't, one will be made for us. No matter how bad the outcome of your choice, it will always be better than the choice made by those that serve themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Easy way to stop this is just have 100 people show up to feed them. Watch as the pigs try and take them all. Full the jails and make it into a circus

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by HelloJCneedsomehelp

or better yet, gather all the homeless AND all the people that want to feed them into one area. Let's see what the pigs do then. Full riot gear?

this is sick on so many levels.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It isn't just there . For 20 years myself a friends get crop damage tags because the area is so loaded with deer . Usually 20 extra tags per year on top of our sport tags . Nothing better than fresh grain and corn fed venison . No steroids , antibiotics or growth hormones . We pay the butchers out of our own pocket to have all of the venison cut , wrapped and labeled and donate it all to homeless shelters that love and appreciate getting it . Not anymore . The shelters can no longer take it because the government said that the fresh venison isn't government inspected . We're talking over a ton of fresh meat that 2 shelters can no longer take and they don't get the donated funding to replace what we've been providing for 20 years . The homeless folks get canned crap and donated 10 day old produce . We checked to see if we could get it government inspected and how much it would cost us . Can't be done with wild game that isn't loaded with chemicals . That's a ton of fresh meat between 5 of us and it's happening everywhere . Crop damage is a serious problem when you can look out in the field and see 200 deer feeding in every field . Now the crop damage , crop tag venison goes to the landfill by the hundreds just in two counties . Perfectly good fresh venison that homeless people can no longer have but it can go to the dump . We can't get it to the shelters but found another way to give it to poor people . Totally legal to give it to poor people who live in an apartment or a house but homeless people can't get it through the shelters .

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
edit - it should be illegal to feed trolls, not homeless people.

:/

edit on 15/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Well, looks like I need three things.

A bus ticket to Florida, a sack full of sandwiches, and an overnight bag.

u2u me and let me know when you want to go. I will be more than happy to get arrested with you while we feed the needy.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Don't waste the money on a bus ticket, just pick a city near you. Use the extra money to buy more food and help those close to you. You will be suprised when the result is almost the same everywhere. It may not escalate to your arrest, but I promise that you will be shut down by fascist proponents of the NWO.

The NWO is faceless, it is the spreading of sociopathy. Sociopaths comprise the majority of the worlds leaders. They want the people to embrace their belief that if you are okay, then the world is okay. But it is a guise.

Search your feelings, you know it be true..
Good old Darth.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

S & F

Clarification: It's a city of Orlando ordinance, not a state law.

The purpose is of course to make the tourist magnets feel more secure that tourists won't see the homeless; you know Rikki Rat, Sea World Buffet, Universal Sueyoualls.

Remember this the next you see some "nice" PR stunt that Disney or whichever one pulls, like giving a sick kid and his parents free run of the parks..
edit on 15-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: Add

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I found this irritating beyond belief..

The Sentinel reported that about a dozen downtown residents and business owners spoke in favor of the rule. But more than three times that amount of people spoke against it. There were 45 speakers from various groups, including a formal declaration from the University of Central Florida's student senate, who opposed outlawing feeding homeless people. Mayor Buddy Dyer supported the ordinance. Read more: www.wesh.com...

So the opinions of about 12 people outweigh the opinions of over 40? That's not a democracy. It is anti homeless. It equates people with animals. There are a lot of city ordinances about not feeding the strays. This ordinance and others like it seem to imply the government thinks these homeless and/or poor people are no better than stray dogs on the street. I hope this insanity doesn't spread any further.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join