It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the pill i took in boot camp

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Maybe it was a pill to surpress the urge to have sex whilst on leave.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
lol dude good ones. that cracked me... up but i wouldnt doubt it was sonething they would have been possibly testing

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by EnigmaAgent

I remember not thinking about sex in boot camp .Was it something in the punch or were we just too tired ? The pill may have had something to do with that as well as curbeing our urge to drink on liberty..There was no follow up on this other than who came back drunk and who didnt and those who did not return .

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

My father went to Great Lakes boot camp in '59. I remember him telling me once that while he was in basic training. He and some other guys in his division were given an "experimental vaccine" in the form of a shot. He said that he and about four others became extremely sick. Flu like symptons, fever chills weakness. He had to spend over a week in the infimary and almost had to repeat his basic training. He was so scared he had to repeat that he actually forced himself through it. He said he remebered it took him a good month to totally recover. When my father left the navy they would not give him his medical records. They claimed that they were sealed and that he was not allowed to take them with him or even have a copy.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Hey Grandpa,

Appreciate your sharing this with us. There was no telling what they were doing to you, or how many times you were experienced upon, besides this time. Have learned not to trust ANYone 100% these days. Nope not even gov or mil. IMO, there are too many bad folk out there that like to ''play'' around with people at ANY expense. You should check these Mind control claims out - my thread is here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Glad you didn't DIE from it - who knows, some may have died- you just don't really know, But am so glad you are still with us and were able to share your experience!

Grandpa, tell me 'bout the good ole days. Can't help but to think of the ''Judds".
Don't 'reckon we have too many left..,,.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Just be thankful you weren't given "Jacobs Ladder". Did you know they are still tracking you?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
probably syphilis or something lol

They did a lot of testing on their own troops....could just be a placebo, might have just been sugar....might have been testing to see how stupid you were, if someone asked me to take an unknown pill id decline and get back to work

could have been a peer pressure test. To see those who opposed it, how long it took for everybody to give them S*** bout it before they caved into peer pressure and just went along with the group, because as you said, for you all to gain access to liberty, ALL must take part in said test.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

...half way through boot.we all agreed and men in lab coats came in . we were each given a large red capsule to swallow.and our name was checked off a list..
the next day we went on liberty i went to town and found it discusting ..everything stank...

well... maybe the red cap. had increased your sense of smell...

you did not say IF there was any follow up by the lab technicians in white coats...

the only pass us guys in the Army ('65, fort jackson, A-7-2) ever got was myself and two other guys for making "Expert" on the firing range... we all got a 3 day furlough/ leave after Basic,...(C-16-4) was AIT

Never participated in anything like your tale... but we all 'agreed/volunteered' as any situation arose to show that one was a 'team player' regardless of the request --
- Except that no-body, including us Volunteers along side the Draftees. agreed to go to Ranger School in Georgia, for Jungle Training =(vietnam was just ramping up then, & the thinking was that a 12 month tour would mop up the mess over there) but i'm sure no body in A-7-2 wanted that career choice or were swayed with a promise of a longer 'Leave'

i prefer to think your episode was a psychological test...
a lot changed from '65 to '68... so that there might have been more testing of Ones' patriot stance with all the anti-war drama's in the society in '68 (i guess your pass was pre-convention there in Chicago, ... when all the hippies and anti-war activists/weathermen/SDS got their heads busted by the police under the direction of the Mayor Daly Machine...)

~sidebar~

'___' in '57.... wow, i got marijuana . '60) and '___' thru my older beatnik friends in '64... They, (peter & jane) did bring me a 'Supremes' album when they visited me in the Psyche Ward... not because i ever freaked on acid or pot--- but because they were friends--- they also visited me over in Germany, a year later where i was stationed.

~general~

sure there was cointel back then..('57) just when did thoughts arise to produce movies like 'Manchurian Candidate', or have 'Seven Days in May' get born... there's plenty of culture medium in the movie stories that can chronicle the development of the social rift which came to a head in the '60s decade

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The pill could have been a test of peer pressure but there are other ways to do this without turning 200 recruits
loose in town .
The scuttlebut with us was that this was some type of transmitter or tracker we thought radio active perhaps

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I thought they gave you more than one mysterious pill in the military. A friend who is insane blames it on the pill they gave him before he went to fight in Desert Storm. Maybe they stopped giving all those shots and pills?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthdude
I thought they gave you more than one mysterious pill in the military. A friend who is insane blames it on the pill they gave him before he went to fight in Desert Storm. Maybe they stopped giving all those shots and pills?

Who really knows what they are giveing you or injecting you with..They dont tell you ..stand in line and get inoculated
When you enter the military you become the property of the armed forces .They can do what they want with what they own .

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join