It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the pill i took in boot camp

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
i joined the Navy in earley 1968.i was sent to boot camp at Great Lakes about half way through our company was asked to take part in a test .we would be given a weekend liberty if all agread to this we were asured nothing harmful would happen..all we had to do was take one pill.i found this odd as to that piont we hadent been given a choice in anything..and you usually dont go on liberty but once in boot and not half way through boot.we all agreed and men in lab coats came in . we were each given a large red capsule to swallow.and our name was checked off a list..the next day we went on liberty i went to town and found it discusting ..everything stank.guess we had been living so clean that i wasnt used to it.i came back to base and went to a recruit club drank coke and listened to music.the feeling amoung us was we had taken some sort of tracking device as an experiment.we suffered no ill effects and it was not mentioned again..what do you guys think ?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
probably syphilis or something lol

They did a lot of testing on their own troops....could just be a placebo, might have just been sugar....might have been testing to see how stupid you were, if someone asked me to take an unknown pill id decline and get back to work

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Never heard of such a thing.......if it happened I doubt it was a tracking device, probably something far worse and you'll recieve a letter about it much later in life.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Check out Operation Whitecoat:

OP WC

I only mention it because of this part:

Some soldiers were given two weeks of leave in exchange for being used as a test subject. These experiments took place at Fort Detrick which is a US Army research center located outside Washington, D.C.

It was Army, and since you were Navy I suspect it was a different program (you might be able to find more with a bit of research). Sorry man. Our boys shouldn't be treated like this.

edit on 14-6-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

It could be anything, if you want to know what they do have:

Microscopic transmitters that can bind to the brain itself
Remote monitoring computers that can monitor signals from all members in the "grid"
A computer mainframe that interprets all these signals and relays specific messages about each individual

Essentially, a massive control grid of the human mind.

At the core, "those" that are responsible are of a mindset that the "mind" controls the body, as opposed to the soul.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
A test for sure....you prob failed...

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
1968 Chicago it did stink. In many ways.

Line 2

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
For over 100 years, "they" have been experimenting on civlians and soldiers. Looking over a lot of the released documentation, I did not see any experiments that fit into your description or timeline. However, in that same decade, Dow Chemicals Group and the CIA were both doing a lot of drug testing.

You consider trying to dig up some information on the subject and see if you can find enough material to present a FOI request on tests done. As they say, "the more you know..."

Good luck to you. I still sometimes wake up sweating and swinging from my short stint in the US Army and that was over 20 years ago.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
To test Nuclear radiation they used US soldiers and told them radiation was the last thing they had to worry about and that the blast was the worst part.The military also released infected mosquitoes over Georgia. (For more look up A History Of US Secret Human Experimentation.) I wouldn't put it past any Government to still be doing experiments like these on anyone.It's a sad world we live in.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I know they do experiment on people, had it done myself. I was stating I never heard of it in the middle of boot camp and the recruits getting a break.....never heard of that before. Hmmm, a few other questions, but I think I'll wait.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Maybe they are thinking "why not do it at a boot camp?" Maybe it isn't the first time or they had to do it there for some reason because they couldn't use active military or civilians?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

There were testing a bunch of stuff in those days under the general lead of MK-Ultra. '___' doesn't require a large pill, so I guess you can eliminate that possibility. And since you never mentioned any ill effects on your person, whatever it was either didn't work on your system, or was too slight to register with you.

If there was no followup back at the base, that is indicative that they may have expected the pill to cause a drastic action on you while off base. Given that servicemen on a pass into town frequently get themselves into trouble, that probably would not have been what they would have been looking for either.

I've briefly mentioned a couple of times on ATS that I'm certain that I was given '___' one March Saturday in 1957. I had never left base on weekends except for that weekend. So I may have screwed up their plans of observing me. It was an interesting experience. What drastically hurts my credibility on that episode 9and the following info) is that I've always believed in psi powers and several years later underwent a UFO time-loss experience in 1964. Is there a connection as some people say? I don't honestly know, but it would be a most remarkable coincidence for both experiences to happen to the same person.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
could have been something like the MK-ultra stuff or just, like someone said, a placebo.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It may have been something that required alcohol and since you went and drank cokes you may have by passed te effect.....its not outlandish to expect a bunch of GI's on their first leave to drink

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceDiggory

boot camp is a moulding prosess..basicly jumping through hoops..sir yes sir..tear down the individual..before we went out we were given the riot act..so much as a smudge on your uniform and its the brig for you!! young and nieve i guess..i just wanted to stay out of trouble..if asked to do the same thing today my answer would be no.but no one wanted to screw up the free pass for everyone

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

i think two guys didnt come back..AWOL..is there anyone from 1968 Great Lakes .Company 282 that can help verify my story?? where ya at guys ?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SystemResistor

It could be anything, if you want to know what they do have:

Microscopic transmitters that can bind to the brain itself
Remote monitoring computers that can monitor signals from all members in the "grid"
A computer mainframe that interprets all these signals and relays specific messages about each individual

Essentially, a massive control grid of the human mind.

At the core, "those" that are responsible are of a mindset that the "mind" controls the body, as opposed to the soul.

We had all that in 1968?

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Obviously not.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
You were a test; my father was exposed to gas in Wainwright in the 60’s. Out of the ten involved 2 are still alive. Nobody lived to 70 so far my dad died at 65. He always had a strange cough that came and went and he never smoked. The military finally admitted what they had done but since most died of some sort or cancer the army wouldn’t admit the gas had caused it. (No proof)
So far only one person’s death has been contributed to the gas exposure. The army tried to say the men had volunteered, but just joining the army in the 50’s and 60’s meant you volunteered to everything.
Back then people didn’t question their army superiors, they did what they were told and were proud of it, that time in my dad’s life were some of his best. He was part of a diving core and their sacrifices’ have saved thousands. I hope you were in a benign test, there were lots of those and like one guy said, they could have been testing your intelligence or you tolerance of influences. Were you debriefed later in person or questionnaire?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join