It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada Recognizes Libya's Rebel Council

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
damn all those beautiful girls....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
they always wanna do u dirt..

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

yep there are a lot worst dictators out there than Qaddafi and the USA and its NATO allies are among the worst in all of history. the USA alone has killed more innocents civilians than any other empire in history...

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanescence
1. So you're amongst the camp that thinks that not intervening in Rwanda was a great thing? 2. but when there is a massive event sweeping the world (Arab Spring), massive support across the world for a no-fly zone (Arab League and BRIC abstaining) 3. and a bunch of civilians about to be massacred by a guy who is screaming that he is going to hunt people down alley by alley...well, it's hard to ignore it.

1. I have no camp, but if you must generalize me, consider me belonging to the camp that opposes arbitrary intervention. There are MANY places we could be invading right now, and the reason we haven't is because they aren't being publicized. Are we going to invade Syria too? The death toll from the current Libyan conflict is around 1000+ while the Syrian death toll is 1300+.

2. Great. Leave it to the U.N.

3. Don't view it through the lens of politics, view it through the lens of economics: Libyan is a sovereign country. The Libyan people are at war with their government. We do not own Libya nor can we decide for them without negating their property rights/sovereignty.

The death toll for the American Civil War was around 600000+, and that was WITHOUT direct foreign intervention. I cannot fathom the numbers had Britain or France intervened.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join