It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could we prove Ghosts or spiritual entities?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryanp5555

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
I watch "Ghost Adventures" on the travel channel with "Zak" showing ghost exist.

Good enough for me.

That is a good show. Although Zak is a bit of a douche. I always find it hard to believe when they are like did you feel that. Or they are like something is inside of me. Other than that, I think the show does a good job. I'd like to see a show spend a significant amount of time in a haunted place. Like say a week.

A definite HOT douche. It's like watching the cooking channel though, think about it. Most of the experiences are felt during a ghost hunt just like when you are cooking, you want to smellllll it.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

That's the hard part. However, I'd say most people take themselves out of being credible just by their postings. It's really up to whoever is judging to determine whether the person is off their rocker or telling the truth.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I have experienced "ghosts" before many times in my life. I was a huge scardey cat when I was a kid and avoided even thinking about ghosts and such. I could post stories all day but you guys will chalk me up to being a nut cause some of the things I would tell you about are pretty insane. Like, I was saying, when I was a kid we lived in an old homestead. If you don't know what that is just google it. Anyway, I remember always feeling like I was being watched. I NEVER felt like I was alone. Our dog would act crazy sometimes, she was an old ranch dog, like a heeler or something. There was a second floor built on and the dog REFUSED to go upstairs. My brother's room was up there and he was always trying to get her to come sleep up there with him, poor kid, looking back it's probably because he was kind of edgy like the rest of us were in that house. So, on one particular occasion my mom, step dad, sister, brother and I were in the living room watching television and I remember the dog freaking out below the stairs. She was barking and howling and whining like never before and circling at the foot of the stairway and wouldn't shut up. This went on for a while and I could tell my Mom was nervous or something because she sent us all to bed. Years later she confided that just before that dog went nuts a metal trinket thing she kept on the fire place mantel had flown off and hit the carpet about 10 feet away. She was stunned and too scared to move and of course didn't want us kids to know anything. Not long after that the dog had bolted for the stairs. During our conversation she told me more, things that she vehemently kept from us kids at the time. There was a picture of a flower she hung above the toilet that never stayed up. Each morning she would pick it up off of the back of the toilet where it was placed face down. That went on for a whole year until she thought it easier to throw it away. Another time, long after us kids were in bed my step father had come home late, when he was turning back to close his bedroom door facing the hallway he saw me standing there. It scared the bejesus out of him and quickly reopened the door to find me gone. He asked me the next morning why I was up so late and I told him it wasn't me. I was scared #less at night in that house and if I had to go to the bathroom I took my sister. Anyway, years after moving out of that place I met a lady that had lived there as a teen. She told me that she had miscarried a child when she was 14 and had buried the baby behind the house. Now, I don't think that has much to do with my experiences but just the history of that place!!... you know what I mean? Sorry guys, no pics. If anyone is interested I have stories about my mom's house. Pictures of ghostly figures captured on my step dad's game camera, time changing clocks and country music coming from an old feed barn at night.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13

A definite HOT douche. It's like watching the cooking channel though, think about it. Most of the experiences are felt during a ghost hunt just like when you are cooking, you want to smellllll it.

There was a show here in the UK called "Most Haunted", I'm not sure if you ever heard of it across the pond.......but every few months or so they would do a "Live" broadcast over a weekend, where the team located themselves in some supposedly haunted castle or stately home,
The programme broadcast for 3-4 hours live each night of the weekend (Fri, Sat, Sun).
Unfortunately "things" like "I got touched" or team members "fainting" had a habit of starting up when things were going a bit quiet.
So whilst I think shows like this have every intention of capturing ghostly phenomena.......they also have a director in their ears telling them to make something interesting appear to happen...or risk losing their audience.
edit on 14-6-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildoracle13
I have experienced "ghosts" before many times in my life. I was a huge scardey cat when I was a kid and avoided even thinking about ghosts and such. I could post stories all day but you guys will chalk me up to being a nut cause some of the things I would tell you about are pretty insane. Like, I was saying, when I was a kid we lived in an old homestead. If you don't know what that is just google it. Anyway, I remember always feeling like I was being watched. I NEVER felt like I was alone. Our dog would act crazy sometimes, she was an old ranch dog, like a heeler or something. There was a second floor built on and the dog REFUSED to go upstairs. My brother's room was up there and he was always trying to get her to come sleep up there with him, poor kid, looking back it's probably because he was kind of edgy like the rest of us were in that house. So, on one particular occasion my mom, step dad, sister, brother and I were in the living room watching television and I remember the dog freaking out below the stairs. She was barking and howling and whining like never before and circling at the foot of the stairway and wouldn't shut up. This went on for a while and I could tell my Mom was nervous or something because she sent us all to bed. Years later she confided that just before that dog went nuts a metal trinket thing she kept on the fire place mantel had flown off and hit the carpet about 10 feet away. She was stunned and too scared to move and of course didn't want us kids to know anything. Not long after that the dog had bolted for the stairs. During our conversation she told me more, things that she vehemently kept from us kids at the time. There was a picture of a flower she hung above the toilet that never stayed up. Each morning she would pick it up off of the back of the toilet where it was placed face down. That went on for a whole year until she thought it easier to throw it away. Another time, long after us kids were in bed my step father had come home late, when he was turning back to close his bedroom door facing the hallway he saw me standing there. It scared the bejesus out of him and quickly reopened the door to find me gone. He asked me the next morning why I was up so late and I told him it wasn't me. I was scared #less at night in that house and if I had to go to the bathroom I took my sister. Anyway, years after moving out of that place I met a lady that had lived there as a teen. She told me that she had miscarried a child when she was 14 and had buried the baby behind the house. Now, I don't think that has much to do with my experiences but just the history of that place!!... you know what I mean? Sorry guys, no pics. If anyone is interested I have stories about my mom's house. Pictures of ghostly figures captured on my step dad's game camera, time changing clocks and country music coming from an old feed barn at night.

Heck yeah I wanna see those pictures and stories. You shouldn't be worried about a-holes on the internet judging your experiences and thinking you are crazy. I've had someone on this message board go through my history when I posted a topic and start ridiculing me b/c he chalked me up to being weird. At the end of the day he was the one who came off as an a-hole not me. So, obviously same would apply.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Technology is becoming so advanced, ghost will no longer be able to hide

EVP's, digital recorders, Spirit boxes, laser grids. etc

It's just a matter of time before the truth comes out and it will turn life on it's head.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

Yes I have watched that show. It is such a farse!! It's not only boring to watch a bunch of bad actors but they are in the dark on night vision none the less. I do enjoy shows like Paranormal State because they not only do the "ghost hunting" stuff but they make a two or three day investigation out of it. They go to all different sorts of locations and talk to local historians and previous property owners and see what others have to say. That's what makes it so interesting to me. Especially when they catch an EVP where they hear "Bill" let's say, and later they find out through their investigation that "Bill" was murdered in the house. Of course it could all be faked for the sake of entertainment but it doesn't bother me. I have witnessed unexplained situations myself so it doesn't seem so far fetched sometimes.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

Interneters don't scare me! Thanks for reading. So, here's the game camera story: My step dad is an avid hunter who one day left his brand new game camera sitting on a table. Now, for some reason he didn't have the thing turned off completely and so it was left "on" where it would snap a picture when it sensed movement. The table it was sitting on was in a far corner with the lense facing the rest of the room. They have a pretty open floor plan so it was able to catch a lot of pics with their cats and dogs roaming around. The next morning the camera had captured my Mom coming down stairs, making coffee, doing dishes, feeding the animals, all that usual stuff before heading out to work. When my step dad had arrived home from work a few hours before my Mom he went to play with his new toy. Discovering that the camera was on and that had 200 pictures on it he decided to check them out for quality and such. He told me that the first 50 or so pics were perfect, the cats chasing eachother, dogs, and that was about it not one picture was taken during the night. Then he got to the first picture of my Mom coming down the stairs, he said that there was a strange mist, and at times looked like there was a woman there with my Mom. The woman looked completely different than my Mom so it wasn't a double image or anything! She had long dark hair and was taller, came and went throughout almost every picture that my Mom was in. After those, the camera had a few remaining pictures of the animals. He was convinced, that it was Mom's Mother who had passed almost 30 years ago. He erased ALL the pictures and didn't tell my Mom about it. He is a manly man kind of guy that only mentioned it to me because I had asked what was going on with their clocks. (whole other story) Anyway, I was just sick to hear that he erased them all. Trust me when I tell you this, my step dad had a hard time telling me about this, he didn't make it up.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
All-New Series: Paranormal Challenge
Two teams. One night. One haunted location. One winner. The ultimate in bragging rights. Tune in starting Friday, June 17 at 9 E/P.

Watch a sneak peek of Season 1 >>www.travelchannel.com...

Something to watch tonight for those Ghost adventure fans.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wildoracle13

That's incredible! Too bad he deleted those pictures. Would have been cool to see.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RUFFREADY
All-New Series: Paranormal Challenge
Two teams. One night. One haunted location. One winner. The ultimate in bragging rights. Tune in starting Friday, June 17 at 9 E/P.

Watch a sneak peek of Season 1 >>www.travelchannel.com...

Something to watch tonight for those Ghost adventure fans.

LOL. I just watched the show. Overall, I like how they present their best evidence. But the ending baffled me. Zak says: "This was by far the toughest decision we've ever had on paranormal challenge." WTF? Wasn't this the first episode? LOL. It got me laughing.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

Yeah, I thought the same thing "hey, its your first show!" wtf!! Ha ha ..

But...it was a hoot.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
Technology is becoming so advanced, ghost will no longer be able to hide

Unfortunately technology is becoming so advanced that faking this kind of thing is a ton easier as well

I would really really love to see some kind of ground-breaking evidence that ghosts are real. Even if I was scared to death. It would be so interesting

S&F in case something amazing occurs here

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

C'mon man....Ghost Adventures is one of the fakest ghost series I have ever seen. Ghost Hunters seemed more legit than any other show I've seen...right in the beginning. They quickly after that began to always find places excessively haunted. In the beginning they would prove a place not to be haunted.... that changed.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxsomexpersonxx
Then, even with evidence that there's "something" not currently registered by science, It would take a lot more to be able to prove exactly what that is.

This is true. On that note, let me suggest that the 1st issue to nail down is the logical, practical aspects of the existence of ghosts. What I mean by that is (1) does the existence of ghosts violate any fundamentals of physics or logic, and (2) can it be determined that the existence of ghosts serves to satisfy any existential requirement? The infrastructural alignment must be established before moving forward with evidence.

That jury in that Casey Anthony trial heard a ton of compelling evidence, but without a shred of plausible motive even suggested by the prosecution (after all, it wasn't as if the little girl was cramping her mom's style - in fact, all accounts suggested that she was somewhat enhancing her mom's popularity and was eagerly welcome to spend extended time with the grandparents) they refused to convict on the murder counts. In this case (the plausibility of the existence of ghosts) what needs to be established is the opportunity (#1) and the motive (#2), and then the evidence will have an appropriate contextual framework within which to exist. Evidence is meaningless without such contextual framework.

So, is there a place for ghosts within the same reality that we exist within, and is there anything being served (existentially) by the existence of such things? Maybe this needs to be determined first.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join