It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is religion Failing?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless

Any you know this as fact? And you know this because? And if you are wrong?

Honestly, if I believe in hell and I am wrong, what harm has come to me? If you deny hell and are wrong, well what then?
Pretty big oops in my opinion, eternal mistake maybe?

why would that be a pretty big oops... i rather have my own belives and and screw up than belive in some one elses believes cus am scare or not sure of something .... so i dont know you them me what then? am i going to hell? are you scare of hell ? y dont you just worry about acting like a civilize person

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Well, the human race is flawed and organized religion is uber-flawed so I think that answers your question right there.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   
funny thing is that even religion failing (TRUE RELIGION OR FAITH) is predicted to happen by the very bible itself. its called the great apostacy or falling away from the true faith. this must happen first before the beast is revealed. so its just the clock ticking down and everything happening as it was foreknown to happen by GOD, all the pieces of the puzzle falling into place.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arturito

why would that be a pretty big oops... i rather have my own belives and and screw up than belive in some one elses believes cus am scare or not sure of something .... so i dont know you them me what then? am i going to hell? are you scare of hell ? y dont you just worry about acting like a civilize person

Okay, now that we've clarifyed it is just a belief....my question was posed because it is clear when someone states what they belive about religion, but frequently those who disclaim it just phrase thier "it doesn't exist" comments as if they are fact. Saying, I don't beive in hell is one thing, saying it doesn't exist comes across quite differently.

No, I wouldn't say you are necc. condemned to hell, and no I am not scared of it.

So, I am not worried about it, I do act like a civilized person and fear of hell has little to do with my beliefs. My faith adds a lot to my life and I'm keeping it anyway. It's a shame more people can't understand that some of us subscribe to organized religion for positive reasons as oppossed to all the negatives. The stories in my life that proved to me there is a God and in fact he wants me in Church would probably not sway anyone else though, since no one would believe them anyway. Don't see why it should bother anyone else though, or why so many would assume I must be some sort of simpleton because of it. (Not saying you did, but this always comes across in these discussions).

[edit on 8-8-2004 by Relentless]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:10 AM
link   
well thats good that you have faith in your religon ... there was ones a time when i also was catholic an i also had faith but thats all i had because not alot of things about that orginisation made any sense to me. i just had to look around and open my eyes so i could see what kind of hipotricts there are and they are as mad as they get. how can they tell us what is good or what is bad or if we are going to hel or heaven the onw leaders of the organisation robing us, raping kids, letting people die of hunger, letting people kill each other. the catholic church is one of riches organisation of the world they could do so much to help poor famillies but it looks like they rather keep that cash ya they do something ones in a wile but that so they can manke every one shut up . look at the middle east we got people killing each other bevause they have follow different religons and what are their leaders doing nothing they are letting them kill each other. how can you have faith in something like that.i believe in god just as much as you and i have alot of faith with on him and now i have my own belives and they make alot of sense to me they also helped me to see how much things we need to fix in this planet and the last thing i need is a kid raper to come and tell me what am doing god or bad but if that dosent bother you then keep it going do what makes you happy... i know i have

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
The Human Race is growing up and we don't need our Santa Clauses anymore. We're being forced to mature by technology that has outpaced our social evolution. It doesn't matter as grow up we shall. As all do when coming of age, we are making many mistakes. It is inevitable that we struggle on this road. It's how we learn.

You religous guys are losing your franchises though. Now that world history is available to so many, we can start to see the patterns of control. We can see what your churches have been up to. It is a slow process taking centuries, as humans vary as to how much freewill of their own they actually want to excercise. Some would rather have decisions made for them and that is fine for now. Those numbers are dropping in places where a higher standard of living gives the thoughtful time to take a good look around. The rest will follow eventually as they continue to be lied to, stolen from, and sent to die by those who claim to speak for God.

As we see the atrocities of fanatical Islam, we are reminded by their defenders of the atrocities of other various religions and we begin to face the undenyable truth. No religion is correct. No religion is sanctioned by God. All Religions do evil in God's name and the sooner we all give up ancient unprovable fables as justification for how bad we treat others, we'll all be a lot better off.

I'm glad the day is coming when people will stop letting others tell them what to believe and therefore what to think. Unlike many, I don't respect Religion at all. I do respect your right and freewill to believe what you want, though, no matter how wrong I think it may be.

Religion failing? I'd say it never succeeded in the first place.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Religion isn't failing. It is the human being who strays from the spiritual. Acknowledge that and you are on your way to redemption.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound

As we see the atrocities of fanatical Islam, we are reminded by their defenders of the atrocities of other various religions and we begin to face the undenyable truth. No religion is correct. No religion is sanctioned by God. All Religions do evil in God's name and the sooner we all give up ancient unprovable fables as justification for how bad we treat others, we'll all be a lot better off.

Religion failing? I'd say it never succeeded in the first place.

I have some startling news for you. Islam is growing at a rapid rate compared to most other religions (or those who don't believe). Mostly attributed to the fact that they are one of the few religions that are choosing to procreate rather than abort. While all of these "maturing" nations coming to their senses are preventing millions of lives, Islam is growing. (NOT trying to start a debate about abortion - save it, just pointing out a fact.)

It will be interesting to see how that plays out for the future.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Yeah you either reject a religion and follow your own religion. Just cross your fingers your religion leads you out of the valley of death.

Rememember the sheep needs their shepard. When a sheep wonders alone? what happens? he becomes the prey of wolve's.

This new generatin wants to create their own religion their own morals and belifs. Yeah ok you go for it. She how far it gets you.

Another hope you are not born into a religion of lies, but hope to born into a religion of truth.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
Yeah you either reject a religion and follow your own religion. Just cross your fingers your religion leads you out of the valley of death.

Rememember the sheep needs their shepard. When a sheep wonders alone? what happens? he becomes the prey of wolve's.

This new generatin wants to create their own religion their own morals and belifs. Yeah ok you go for it. She how far it gets you.

Another hope you are not born into a religion of lies, but hope to born into a religion of truth.

hahahaha ok budy ... i dont want to creat any religion what so ever and no one needs a shepard only those how are stupid enough to not be able to tell bad from good...and what happens went your shepard cant even tell the difference him/her self. i got a question for you how far have we got with religion? i got my eyes wide open and i can only see ppl acting like animals just like 1000 years agojust now we got better stuff to kill our selfs with

meh i dont want to talk about this anymore

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arturito
hahahaha ok budy ... i dont want to creat any religion what so ever and no one needs a shepard only those how are stupid enough to not be able to tell bad from good...and what happens went your shepard cant even tell the difference him/her self. i got a question for you how far have we got with religion? i got my eyes wide open and i can only see ppl acting like animals just like 1000 years agojust now we got better stuff to kill our selfs with meh i dont want to talk about this anymore

Its exactly for people acting like animals that religion is key. Bringing order to ones life and giving hope for something after this life is over. Religion has been twisted by groups of individuals like those acting like animals since time began. The important part about religion is not its use by those willing to pervert it but its part in bringing personal peace and fufillment to the individual.

- Was

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wassabi
The important part about religion is not its use by those willing to pervert it but its part in bringing personal peace and fufillment to the individual.

- Was

I have no problem with religion used like this its when it is used like a stick to beat everyone that acts or believes the slightest bit different then you. Not all religious people do that but as lot do and it is a discredit to the rest. It makes all of you look like a bunch of fanatics

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Ambient Sound and LadyV, pretty much summarize what I think is going on with religious beliefs.

People is more educated now and have more understanding of historical facts and this question the truth nature of the church teachings, people can still keep their spiritual beliefs without the need of a church.

I have my personal and spiritual beliefs and by now most members in this forums know my views against religious organizations, I am not atheist I believe in a higher energy that created all and I don't fee that in a church I am going to get any closer that in any other place in this earth because is part of me and part of every one else.

I have not lost my faith in my creator but I lost my beliefs that I need and intermediary between my creator and me.

Cut the middleman and get straight to the source.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Religion failing? If anything it grown far more vastly than ever before, though in different variations. According to NRM (New-Religious-Movement) in 1998 there were over 9900 plus religious faiths and growing at a rate of 3-4 per day. Yes,true, more fundamentalist ideologies have dicipated amongst the common populace, but religous ethos is still the backbone for many societies, third world or first.

Deep

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
ZeroDeep,

You are right religion it still very strong on third world countries, now here in US religion has more choices of places to worship and with different views but still the same basic principles. But I see more groups trying to make their views more attractive and it is so many churches to choose from.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by junior_smith
Why is Religion Failing?

Religion is old. Times have changed. Surprised, no one else is.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well lets say that this is
you cool to say.

Religion is not failing only man/woman for the religions of the world are merely two according to the old testament.

Judasim, and the seven noahide laws, for non jews, simple, so the answer is clear cut like this.

People have become corrupted by greed, power, women/men etc, and have sought the way out of the real laws well, those people throught, the agers who rebelled and accepted upon themselves false hoods,are now extinct, right, ancient cities, we see as wow, this city, is missing or we just found that anciet city, but there is a deep secret that people dont remeber here and this is it, because you ask so nicely We'll let you in on a secret, and this is it.

all of the ancient cities artifacts we find, are warning signs from the ancient peoples, own destruction, and if you dont correct your (man, that is) ways, then the same will happen to you.

so religion is simple keep to the path of the righteous learn from the tow faiths and practice one, and you will be assured a part of the next world.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Religion isn't failing. It is the human being who strays from the spiritual. Acknowledge that and you are on your way to redemption.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

i don;t think that is true i think spirituality is as prevelent as always however people have choice, and with choice people express their spirituality in different ways.

Originally posted by truthstrangrthanfiction
funny thing is that even religion failing (TRUE RELIGION OR FAITH) is predicted to happen by the very bible itself. its called the great apostacy or falling away from the true faith. this must happen first before the beast is revealed. so its just the clock ticking down and everything happening as it was foreknown to happen by GOD, all the pieces of the puzzle falling into place.

i have this problem,

people like to uote the bible for such things, and they use these quotes as facts.
people when shown inaccuracies in the bible,for whatever reason, decide that the bible is just allagory or a metaphor for a greater meaning.

so i ask you, how can you defend your case with a book that has been proven that it is a metaphor;

post script - i am not attacking the bible, i believe it has power, i'm just saying it can not be used as a historical or future guide

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ambient Sound and LadyV, pretty much summarize what I think is going on with religious beliefs.

People is more educated now and have more understanding of historical facts and this question the truth nature of the church teachings, people can still keep their spiritual beliefs without the need of a church.

I have my personal and spiritual beliefs and by now most members in this forums know my views against religious organizations, I am not atheist I believe in a higher energy that created all and I don't fee that in a church I am going to get any closer that in any other place in this earth because is part of me and part of every one else.

I have not lost my faith in my creator but I lost my beliefs that I need and intermediary between my creator and me.

Cut the middleman and get straight to the source.

THATS EXACTLY MY POINT
thank you

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthStrgnrThanFiction

ok buddy i dont think you even have a clue of what you are talking about

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join