It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body not found on mars

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Pardon me for attempting to inject a touch of humor in your day

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Majestic Lumen

It's cool.
I remember back in the day I too used to stroll around Mars in denim bell bottoms and a polyester shirt.
It's the DISCO PLANET baby!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Found?

No, you've found nothing but rocks. You should change the title of the thread to...
"Found: Rocks that Kinda Resemble a Giant Body Formation, Sorta"
I think that would be more appropriate. I would suggest mods flag this as a hoax if the title of the thread continues to present a false claim.

Heck not even the formation being presented is interesting.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Wish I had thought to cloth "him"

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

NO no no no... don't take offense buddy.
I don't mean to offend you really. You have to understand ATS is generally ,or has become a humorless state. What Humor it did have was equal to that of a decaying elephant carcass in the midday African sun.

People on this site take themselves so damn serious sometimes that it is hard for me to tell if people are honest in what threads they make or if they are joking. I like jokes, and light hearted conversation but over the last year or so ATS has been devoid of nearly all "good times".

So I didn't mean to offend you. Really.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Sneaky edit, I was going to make fun of you for saying Google Earth hehe

LOL it's a gumpy old man, Probably upset that is he ON MARS

It does kind of look like that yelling-face famous painting. No idea what it's called or who painted it.. but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

google-mars
39°06'16.94" S 53°34'23.58" E

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lighterside

Happy now? title changed, all humor is gone, you may continue upon your road of condescension.

On a lighter note, words don't actually offend me, only actions by those who feel the need to force their will upon another

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
Found this little rock formation trolling around google-mars. While doing some photo editing for a new user who thought he had found something floating above the surface, someone brought up that it was the only "object" of its kind in the area, looking around I found this not far off

I think the best answers lies within the OP.

A little rock formation. I don't see anything else,other than that.... and I am really sitting here, trying to stretch my imagination as much as I can... I see a rock formation... A hill, maybe..... That's about it.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Welcome to the ATS jungle of humorlessness.
It's no wonder your mood is "disgruntled" I would be too.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

It does kind of look like that yelling-face famous painting. No idea what it's called or who painted it.. but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.

Do you mean
The Scream by Edvard Munch?

edit on 13-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20

Welcome to the ATS jungle of humorlessness.
It's no wonder your mood is "disgruntled" I would be too.

I've actually seen quite a bit of humour on here the last few months since I decided to set aside my animosity to CT's. But its not from those who's only purpose is to prove you wrong
edit on 13-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

It's probably just me then, because whenever I try to inject some fun, onto a thread I get the whole.
"This is ATS, we are 100% balls to the wall serious 100% of the time CONTRIBUTE TO THE THREAD OR DIE!!"

Anyway, Thanks for clearing it up for me. You get a star and flag for at least having the courtesy to take the time to explain.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Indeed that's the one. I like the name "yelling-face" better though. Haha. I am not cultured.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by snowen20

Its my personal opinion only, that its all in how one responds to a post. I'm not new to forums and I'm even father removed from the newness of the internet and its trolls. I can say with much certainty that you havent really met a true troll until you have attempted to have a rational, logical debate in #philosophy on the irc network efnet.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowen20
Ok, I'm sorry, I have read the op ( all four lines) and I'm still lost. What is this thread about again?
A rock formation?
A body?
A rock formation that looks like a body?
A rock formation that anthropomorphically resembles a human?
A rock that resembles a possible Martian?
A rock?
Dwayne (The Rock)Johnson?

ROFLMAO gets up and ROFLMAO again good one!!
edit on 13-6-2011 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by Lighterside

Happy now? title changed, all humor is gone, you may continue upon your road of condescension.

Lots better than "Body on Mars Found".

I didn't mean to be condescending by pointing out that your discovery was a bunch of rocks and not a body. I was aiming more for pointing out blatant stupidity. Sorry.

I guess I must have failed to see the 'joke'

(I'd probably claim the same if it was my OP too, no worries)

edit on 13-6-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
i agree with others, these are just rocks that look kind of like a person, we have found simular ones on earth.

www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk...

i am pretty certain mars is known for having a pretty big volcano.

but seriously there is no way we would know or could know without being there taking a closer look, this is just a case of people will believe whatever is more likely or believable, which is a rock formation. i would say it proberbly is, but then who knows for certain.

i don't.

edit on 13-6-2011 by lifeform11 because: typo's

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Dude must have been pretty lonely when died, seen as his is the only 'body' on the planet.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

that we can see or have found so far, but you make a good point. regardless it proberbly is just rocks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join