It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Body not found on mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I see the body, it looks like someone lying on their side.

Although i think it may just be an illusion or Pareidolia in this particular case.

If you look at it from another persepctive it just looks like rocks and the very tip is higher than rocks or cliff below (creating a shadow and depth) which goes back to the original thread and image.

But i may be wrong....

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

more than probable.

what is he 2000 feet long?

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by lifeform11

more than probable.

Using the google earth ruler its right around 115 feet in length and about 27 feet at its widest point

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside

Originally posted by NuroSlam
reply to post by Lighterside

Happy now? title changed, all humor is gone, you may continue upon your road of condescension.

Lots better than "Body on Mars Found".

I didn't mean to be condescending by pointing out that your discovery was a bunch of rocks and not a body. I was aiming more for pointing out blatant stupidity. Sorry.

I guess I must have failed to see the 'joke'

(I'd probably claim the same if it was my OP too, no worries)

edit on 13-6-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

Pointing out blatant stupidity? I think the stupidity lies solely on your shoulders for pointing out the fact with your rudeness, that you didn't even bother to read the post. Meaning, I made it CLEAR in the first line of the post it was a rock formation, the title was sarcasm, which it appears you lack the ability to comprehend. Good day to you sir.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

well according to the poster below you 115 feet long, and seeing as though we have no idea about the history of mars...... i said over and over it is more than likely a rock formation. and we have seen lots of them on earth.

www.artdaily.com...

how long is another species or 'alien' anyway? if it were one? it's not , but i am just interested in why it is assumed everything must be the same size as us.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
reply to post by fooks

how long is another species or 'alien' anyway? if it were one? it's not , but i am just interested in why it is assumed everything must be the same size as us.

Not necessarily the same size as us, but similar enough, and chemistry will bear out that there are limits to cellular mass before it cannot support its own weight. Carbon based life is also demonstrated to be the most rigid form of life to grow into massive organisms opposed to an ammonia or methane based life form.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

whats the limit before something cannot support its own mass?

dinosaurs.about.com...

just asking, dinosaurs were made from flesh and bones, some of them were pretty big. so just wondering what the limit is.

does not really matter anyway, these are obviously normal rock formations that just by coincidence resemble a person.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Pointing out blatant stupidity? I think the stupidity lies solely on your shoulders for pointing out the fact with your rudeness, that you didn't even bother to read the post. Meaning, I made it CLEAR in the first line of the post it was a rock formation, the title was sarcasm, which it appears you lack the ability to comprehend. Good day to you sir.

Oh I read your post. It's not hard, there's not much content there. Also, so did all these people...

anon72, scottlpool2003, FTD Brat, loves a conspiricy, Silend, truthzouthere, ImZum, snowen20, Majestic Lumen

... whom also commented on the 1st page of your thread with no indication that they were aware this was supposed to be a funny joke. I simply pointed out the obvious, and the problem with your thread's title. It wasn't until your labeling and veiled accusation of me that I figured it would be ok to let you know your claim was, well, stupid. I apologize, mama always said don't feed the troll, I sometimes can't help myself.

But alas, since it took an entire page to reveal this was nothing more than a joke (wink wink), let me reiterate.... this joke is stupid.

And you're right, I should in no way expect someone to actually believe there is a body on Mars on ATS, that's as silly as thinking there is a human face on it.
Shame on me, and props to you for taking words out of context.

A good day it shall be.

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I'm sure had the title been "This looks like a statue fallen over....." and left out that it was a rock formation perhaps Capitan Obvious and his League of Unimaginative Sceptics would have actually contributed something other then the obvious. Hindsight is 20/20 they say.....

Anyway, I revise my opinion that this is a rock formation and instead now say this optical illusion is in fact a result of a depression in a wavy dune like surface region.

This image is one that was enhanced using unsharp mask in gimp. I airbrushed out the area of the depression

edit on 15-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I'm sure had the title been "This looks like a statue fallen over....." and left out that it was a rock formation perhaps Capitan Obvious and his League of Unimaginative Sceptics would have actually contributed something other then the obvious. Hindsight is 20/20 they say.....

No, I would have still called it a pile of rocks and nothing more. A pile of rocks that doesn't look like a body, a statue, optical illusion, or lame joke. As a previous poster pointed it, it could kinda look like Casper the Friendly Ghost, but that's about it.

Every time I check this thread you've thrown a new label at your pile of rocks, one can only wonder how hindsight is even reached. So which is it? Have you made up your mind? Body? Statue? Illusion? Lame Joke? Meh, either way, I believe I've lost interest here.

I'll let you be, to continue kicking a dead horse with your new enhanced image analysis of a pile of rocks. The League and I have some unfinished business pointing out why the earth is not hollow anyhow.

EDIT TO ADD

Oh BTW, depressions don't cast out shadows.
Oh wait, that might be another 'joke' of yours.

edit on 15-6-2011 by Lighterside because: to add

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join