It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting correlation between military locations and proposed pipeline in Afghanistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The mainstream media and our federal government want us to believe that we are in Afghanistan for two main reasons, stopping the Taliban and their support of terrorism, and bringing freedom and democracy to the people of Afghanistan. I suppose that sounds noble and honorable, although I could personally care less about bringing democracy to anyone, because I feel that if the citizens of a country want democracy then they should be the ones who earn it, so that they will appreciate it and protect it for future their generations... but I digress.

The purpose of this thread is to point out the correlation between US and NATO troop placement, and the location of the proposed oil pipeline through Afghanistan. A lot of people hold the belief that our government's intentions in the Middle East are actually for control of oil, which is certainly a valid theory, and I believe that there is a lot of truth to that theory.

This image shows the path of the proposed oil pipeline through Afghanistan and current troop placement along said path.

Proposed pipline and current troop placement

(If someone would be so kind as to embed this for me it would be much appreciated. Every time I did it was too blurry to make anything out... thank you in advance for your help)

After looking at the map, one can certainly make the case that the reason for all of the troop placement in the south is because of the strong Taliban presence, and that is certainly true, but it is my belief that we are fighting to defeat the Taliban and gain control over that specific area in order to build and control the proposed oil pipeline, and not for the democracy and freedom of the people that live there.

George W. Bush was already deeply involved with the government of Afghanistan BEFORE 9/11, and had even gone so far as to threaten military action.

Afghanistan, the Taliban, and the Bush oil team

Here is a detailed timeline of oil and violence in Afghanistan.

Timeline

What amazes me is the amount of circumstantial evidence, as well as hard evidence, out there regarding this topic, and yet there have been no investigations, and there have been no congressional hearings of any significance. This is the main reason that I got out of the military after serving for 13 years. As I became more educated and less ignorant, I realized that I was not supporting and defending the Constitution of the United States, as my oath of enlistment stated, but I was serving as an expendable pawn in the global elitist's struggle for world domination. Although I support the brave men and women of our Armed Forces, I hope and pray that the vast majority of them will wise up to the circumstances that surround them, and see their totalitarian, corporatist masters for what and who they truly are. In my opinion there hasn't been a man or woman in the US Military that has given their life for our country since WW2.

This isn't about politics or ideology. I think this is an area that the left and right can come together and agree on.

edit on 13-6-2011 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Right out of the movie, "Shooter". I'm pretty sure that is where they got their idea. This has been out there for quite awhile for those who wish to dig.

In any society, you put security along the lines that support infrastructure. They do it, and we do it.

Those in the hinterlands are left to fend for themselves. But until the hinterlands are secure and peaceful, you'll always have conflict.

You can see this in any underdeveloped country.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Right out of the movie, "Shooter". I'm pretty sure that is where they got their idea. This has been out there for quite awhile for those who wish to dig.

In any society, you put security along the lines that support infrastructure. They do it, and we do it.

Those in the hinterlands are left to fend for themselves. But until the hinterlands are secure and peaceful, you'll always have conflict.

You can see this in any underdeveloped country.

Agreed. In creating this thread I wasn't trying to imply that this is breaking news or anything. I was just connecting a few dots, with the hopes that others would gain interest and connect some more. I feel that this topic needs to be talked about more, because the apathy of the American public is why we are where we are.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Wow what a great dot you just connected, the movie 'shooter' is awesome & i think looking back it has such a deeper meaning, Its pretty obvious that TPTB show the public things through the tv, media and movies, Presenting it as 'Fiction' or 'Just for entertainment' when in reality its subliminally grooming you to accept an idea or way of thinking. Propaganda.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vanishr
reply to post by TDawgRex

Wow what a great dot you just connected, the movie 'shooter' is awesome & i think looking back it has such a deeper meaning, Its pretty obvious that TPTB show the public things through the tv, media and movies, Presenting it as 'Fiction' or 'Just for entertainment' when in reality its subliminally grooming you to accept an idea or way of thinking. Propaganda.

The movie "Shooter" never came to mind when starting this thread, because I have never heard of it, but I'll be sure to check it out because you have peaked my interest.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

I just read the summary of the movie "Shooter", and it has nothing to do with oil or Afghanistan. What am I missing here?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Congratulations. You are on the way to understanding EVERYTHING rotten on this planet.
noliesradio.org...
That is the only link I can find that is still out there, the rest are gone and only error messages remain.
When you get done with that look into "Marvelous Investments". I believe it's a LLC.
Every revolution this year is linked to the pipeline, the Bin Laden Pakistan episode is linked, the tension with Russia and China is linked.
I just don't give a # anymore.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Just a quick summery.

The movie starts with a pair of military snipers deployed to protect a "Convoy of contractors" coming from a village. Later in the movie, we learn the contractors actually massacred the village, unbeknownst to the shooters. It turns out that the village protested a pipeline going through and refused to relocate, The company that wanted to install it had them killed. One of the snipers is killed and the other is later set up to look like a presidential assassin. Bad shenanigans ensue.

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

It's not a bad movie, I was entertained anyways. Right up ATS alley for an action flick.

edit on 13-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: added link

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
The pipeline connection was brought up right after the occupation. Instead of, "Follow the money", all we need do is "Follow the oil" to understand our government's wars. It sounds simplistic, but war is always about resources.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Come on now...this can't really be a surprise. Do people really buy into the whole "Iraq Freedom" non-sense....?
Uh...Well, I suppose it is possible considering that the same people voted for Bush twice.
You know...I would have less animosity if they were just blunt about it. No need to hide under a pretense...Anyone with half a brain could have figured it out.

top topics

join