It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In this thread, I turn the other cheek to Athiests and other unbelievers.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
As instructed, I hereby virtually turn the other cheek to the various noneblievers on this board. I will humbly read anything you want to write in the spirit of longsuffering tolerance as instructed by my personal savior Jesus Chist.

Please go ahead at will.

Yours in Christ,

Partygirl

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

God Bless, I expect you are a very rare Soul full of faith to write those words.

The Saviour's ways are always the wisest of all. I put that to the test and only when I do as He instructed do things turn out right.

Stay faithful always, even in the times of persecution and when encountering those who hate Christ because, unbeknowingly to them, they are full of devils!

GOD bless!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
How self-righteous of you to assume others don't turn the other cheek to you. I hope you can eventually come to terms with the fact that everyone outside of your bubble has to tolerate your beliefs and religion more than you will ever feel the need to tolerate anyone on this site.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

edit on Mon Jun 13 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Actually, by posting this thread you are in fact, not turning the other cheek.

You are antagonizing a verbal altercation. Instigating an event so you can turn the cheek is bad form, I don't think your god would approve of this.

You are awarded no points.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
I am a christian, but don't go shoving it down everyone's throats. I am very much a live and let live kind of person. I believe what I believe and others can choose to or not. It's not my business. I feel threads like this are much more for attention seeking than anything else. Just my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

But this is a forum about religion, faith and theology.
You do have the choice and yet you are here. Is anyone forcing this on you?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So you want this to be your playground? It sure looks that way.

Every playground needs bullies to keep things interesting. Now you too will turn the other cheek and hand over your lunch money!

That is what turning the other cheek gets you.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

The whole world is my playground!!
I don't understand what you are saying, why do i have to hand over my lunch money to the bullies?
You can be a victim or a bully, and most are both.
There is another way though.

It is a widely held (unconscious) belief that you have to be either a winner or a loser, if you don't fight then that automatically makes you a loser. This is not true. In fact this thinking automatically makes you a loser everytime. There is nothing to fight.
I can not change peoples beliefs, i can not force anything on anyone. If people are offended then that is probably because they like to be offended, it has become a habit for them like any addiction.

If i was in a school playground and someone challenged me, it would be directed a me and i would most likely defend myself. However on this site people choose to come here and attack people, not only their beliefs but on anything they possibly can. I see that as out and out bullying, it's like a hobby for some people on here.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Do you think that her words are shoving it down our throats? I do not. I think her words are just expressing her attitude to all the spiritual bashing that goes on here.

EVERYONE has a right to say what is on their mind and as long as they don't go about it in a rude or offensive way they have every right to express themselves.

Here on ATS I have read some very obviously discriminatory posts about Black People, Muslims, Christians, Jews, Atheists, Politicians, etc.

However, ATS is refreshing because it is not about being politically correct, but being able to express oneself.

The OP is just letting us know how she deals with anti-Christian (anti-Christ) threads (lol). It is the way I approach it, too.

The reason why many Christians do tend to express themselves through their Faith is because there Faith is very important to them, like mine is.

I put my Faith even before my Family as The Lord told me to, not just because He told me to, but because as I grew in my Faith I naturally found that it is more important. I am more interested in my eternal wellbeing than just this three score years and ten in this world of shadows where evil men rule the roost; where our collective behaviour poisons us spiritually and physically.

Not all Christians are living in a bubble, I am not. I do not follow false teachers. I look to the Scriptures and analyse my Faith continually as I learn and grow.

Being here on ATS I have learned much, not just from other Christians but also from atheists and scientists.

If you are rude or arrogant before me the way I cope with you is to literally just turn the other cheek. It is the only positive way I know to deal with mental and physical abuse. Other means just perpetuate a bad vibe (IMO).

Please don't just ignore someone because they are of a particular faith or philosophy. Please don't just dismiss someone because they feel differently to you. I never do.

The OP is not attention grabbing, it is just her expression of how she is dealing with the hostility towards Christianity that is a part of ATS, just as Christianity itself is a part of ATS. As replies here clearly demonstrate.

I still come here, post and reply and like being challenged.

My advice to other Christians is to be strong, post about your Faith, comment from your Faith. I like to read your posts and replies so much, as I do all the other Faiths here.

Humanity is diversity.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by LHP666

Yep! The school bullies even crucify people, torture them, drop bombs on civilians.

Who lives by the sword dies by it. Was OBL right in his way to deal with the muslim persecution, fighting fire with fire, eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth. Where did it get him???

In the "playground" I am probably much stronger than you being a very fit and strong male. No-one ever bullies me and when they have tried they end up wishing they hadn't. I don't use violence. If you were physically violent towards me I would not hit you back. But you would find later that someone treated you that way, too, who was bigger and stronger than you, like a karma sort of thing. There is always someone stronger and smarter in the jungle.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I can not change peoples beliefs, i can not force anything on anyone. If people are offended then that is probably because they like to be offended, it has become a habit for them like any addiction.

This is true. About the only thing that can come out of this is to make the other person think. If they reject it, then they reject it.

It's odd how that works because I suffered from the same thing. A person can be 100% provably right about something and still it gets rejected. I think that's called cognitive dissonance. I don't know how I fought my way out of that, while others can't (or won't). They'd rather suffer being slaves as if being a slave is laudable.

However on this site people choose to come here and attack people, not only their beliefs but on anything they possibly can. I see that as out and out bullying, it's like a hobby for some people on here.

I haven't seen that. Yet. I'm new here. But IMO some beliefs are worthy of being attacked because they are destructive to others; and beliefs can change over time. Attacking the beliefs is not the same as attacking the person. If they attack the person then why are they still here?

I attack christianity, not christians, at every opportunity, because I used to be one and know what it's like to fight my way out of it. I also do that because they have used, and will continue to use, the force of law to make me conform to their beliefs and standards, when they dont conform to their beliefs and standards themselves. It is their belief system that makes that possible. It's that belied system that needs to be destroyed, not the people enslaved to it.

reply to post by Revolution9

I was using a 'violence' example to illustrate a point. That being: Being a submissive weakling slave is an invitation for disaster. "jesus'" advice, if followed, is suicidal.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Attention!!!

This applies here, too.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please read before posting.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

I can agree in part with what you are saying. As I said, I am a christian and pray constantly. I'm either asking God for something or thanking him. I don't however, get on my knees in my front yard with a flashing neon cross. I guess I'm just a private person and don't feel the need for approval and/or attention for my beliefs. By the same token, I don't like when someone rings my doorbell at 8:00 on a Saturday morning wanting to know if I've found Jesus. It's just not how I am. I suggest we respectively, agree to disagree as to the purpose of this thread of which I'm still not quite sure of. I do wish you a well day.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I would say, from my perspective, that if you are sincere and not simply planting a flag for your belief system, that you would not refer to some folks as "unbelievers" but as something less loaded from a belief in God point of view.

I suggest the term "rationalist" or "realist," "pragmatist" or something similar. You understand, that would be less, can we say, "damning" to those from that position?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
edit on 13-6-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

top topics

join