It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has sold out.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Some valid points here.

We can discuss the secrets of the world that could get you killed but we cant discuss anything illegal i.e smoking pot. (which is legal in some parts of Europe
)

If you want to pander to the advertisers go ahead, business is business and every one needs to make a dollar a day but dont censor us.

This site is to big to fail but what you could end up is losing all the old members/lurkers if the mods stay on course and keep being heavy handed. Instead of a site full of old blood that likes to debate topics your site will be full of new blood that likes to talk nonsence and that would argue with their own shaddow as seen recently with the new members.

And for the love of the big man up stairs stay away from intergrating this site with anything to do with anon. They have 4chan and between you and me it is the dregs of the internet, yes it nice to visit every other week for 20 minutes but do you really want their types in here full time trolling.

edit on 13-6-2011 by michaelmcclen because: grammar

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
There is no such thing as FREE SPEECH...Try it and see.......

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelmcclen
We can discuss the secrets of the world that could get you killed but we cant discuss anything illegal i.e smoking pot.

Why would you want to detract from the perceived credibility of your posts about the "secrets of the world" by mixing-in content with a great deal of associated negative baggage?

Isn't the "secrets of the world" important enough to you that you can focus on that without discussing recreationally illicit use of illegal drugs which can be done in hundreds of other online venues?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I don't care how many ads are on a page as long as they're not the kind that expand to fill half the screen whenever you wave the mouse over them, and as long as they don't make noise. Those are the only ads that really bother me, I can even handle the flashing/seizure-inducing ones.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes I do agree with you to a point, I see discussing cannabis as being immature if its not in the right context. Im sure you have read all of the conspiracies surround the plant or most of them.

When some one posts up a new topic about i.e how cannabis is being trialed to be a cure for IBD or chron's, from which I suffer. Then the moderators close down the subject because a few of us 'sickys' (lol) advocate its usage and add a few comments as to why we use it and how it makes our lives better only to be slapped with T&C violations left right and centre. This happened last week and ill admit I was abit miffed at you.

I spent a good 20 minutes putting forward a double sided arguement as to why it was benificial to me, only to have my post ripped down even after it had a few stars.

cannabis is a conspiricy in my eyes not only here but in the world. This site is about whistleblowing and debating taboo subjects, yet we cant debate or even have an adult conservation about cannabis without topics/posts being deleted.

This way of thinking is outdated, you ask any joe average that uses this site how do they feel about cannabis being illegal or that it warrents prision time in the real world for possession they will tell you its ludicrous and a waste of tax payers money.

If you dont belive me do a poll on this site and I bet you will be supprised.

ps. I do love this site

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

I have to agree with the OP to a point. I made what I feel is one of the most important threads to me and the world here at ATS just a few days ago and it was promptly removed telling me the subject already exist witch is a load of BS.

I searched and then laid out my thread titled "WARNING!!! Elenin is Wormwood the Brown Dwarf Star!!!!"

I started that thread with very old info and started to work up to newer info to show how long this Dwarf Star was linked to the biblical Wormwood Star. I gathered more info after laying out a great beginning to the thread and came back to ATS to see it had been closed only after 31 replies. The mod said post in one of the other Elenin threads. Lets see my choice was Elenin was a UFO or Elenin did not exist period. WTH??

My thread that the mods shut down had like I said only 31 replies but in that time I got 46 stars and 28 flags, Not bad for what ATS considers a worthless thread.

I have sent my protest to the complaint department and I have not heard anything back. Soon after Greeneyedleo for the second time had seen my complaint or she was looking for another chance to get me, sent me a warning about my signature and promptly removed it as she tried to do a year ago, I stopped her then as a supermod or you intervened because the signature was made by one of our own members who later became a moderator himself. The signature was about making our country better for god sakes by having the original Declaration of Independence and bill of rights resigned with no illegal amendments.

I told her I had permission for it as she had tried to remove it probably a year ago when she first became a moderator and she did not even bother to get back to me. She doesn't care and in my opinion is a bad moderator because she thinks she has to just roam ATS and remove anything that is not conforming to HER opinion of the rule book.

Please reinstate my thread as its very important to me, ATS and the world. The other members here agree and some have sent me more info linking these events together to put in the thread but until its unlocked they sit wasted info.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yea a thread of mine just got deleted, it did not violate the T&C one bit, (ZERO, NADA) but was a bit controversial. Facts are facts, but even facts can be viewed as politically incorrect, which I think this site has taken that route. Since when do personal beliefs justify what thread stays and which one goes? Mods?

Deebo

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Double post.

Deebo
edit on 13-6-2011 by Deebo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It's all very simple if you think about it.
Would you tell coke to add more sugar to their formula (too sweet already)? Would you tell Ford how to market or design their products?
Would you let someone come into your house or place of business and let them tell you how things should be run?

This site has an owner already... (He seems pretty involved?)
You signed up to be a part of this group and its terms and conditions. Yes we all agreed to abide by the rules and then manner in which they are enforced (Thanks Mods!).
I am a proponent of the medicinal use of cannibis but I am bound by the rules of this site. (yes there are other web-sites that discuss this topic too).
I can either take this site for what it is and enjoy it or not! (I do enjoy it BTW).
Bottom line if anyone would like to pony up the operating costs to run this site feel free to contact Skeptic Overlord and drop you donation at the door and maybe he would be willing to talk. Maybe he would tell you to start your own site because it his after all... You are just a guest! (behave like one)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Deebo

Well they removed every one of my threads about Obama being worthless for our nation just because his holiness was to pay a visit here and they did not want to be critical of the new Black democratic candidate.

ATS played the part and helped this crook get elected while some of us were screaming to the top of our lungs that he was evil.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Ahh well every good thing has to come to a end, i noticed the quality of posts around here going down and going missing ahh well, greed will do it for ya,

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
So what exactly set you on fire?

Exactly, seems to be something that made the OP say all that. I would like to know too.

Never mind, I see now.
edit on 13-6-2011 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

I started that thread with very old info and started to work up to newer info to show how long this Dwarf Star was linked to the biblical Wormwood Star.

can your thread still be viewed? do you have a link to it?

ive only ever had contact with mods twice since posting here and both times were just a misunderstanding.
to be honest i just look at them like any other users, i dont really know much about them or who they are.. (except the obvious ones where it got site owner or site administrator under their name)

edit on 13/6/11 by Misterlondon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Hey OP,

I read all four pages. You pretty much got creamed.

It took a lot of guts to write all that.

Hey, I am headed to McDonalds,

Want a Whiney Burger and some French Cries ?

edit on 13-6-2011 by whyamIhere because: public schools

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Indecent

And some of us, from an advertising/marketing background, voiced in that survey that it was a bad idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Yea a thread of mine just got deleted, it did not violate the T&C one bit,

It violated both our Terms & Conditions and common-everyday human decency.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
There is something perhaps someone can clear up for me. Why would someone join a forum, read the T&C, accept them, and then instantly start complaining about them? Did it occur to you when you read them that they were real? Or did you decide you could just blow them off? Surprise! You can't.

If I go to a movie, and I don't like it, I leave. There might be other things I want to do in the theatre, that are against the rules. Should I stand up and start screaming in the movie that I'm ticked off because I cant light a cigarette? Or do I need to determine if I want to stay, or should I just go? It's up to me. Doesn't it seem ridiculous that I should cause a scene because I don't like the rules?

So the question becomes, not where does that leave ATS, but where does that leave you? Aren't the problems you are experiencing really your own?

As these threads show up (yawn) every week or so, I rarely post in them anymore, but I can tell ya, without the T/C I would be out the door in a hurry. I don't want to log out in the evenings feeling like I've just left a teenage beer-bust----free-for-all.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
Well they removed every one of my threads about Obama being worthless for our nation just because...

You're not being truthful (which is never a surprise in threads such as these). There's only one thread authored by you in the trash, and it was moved to the trash because there was already a thread submitted based on the news story of your thread.
edit on 13-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
So many NOOBS who think they have been around long enough to have an opinion about how the site runs comparing "then and now".

If you don't like it, just go away and stop whining.

If you don't go away then there is somthing here for you that costs you nothing. Live with it or don't.

Absolutely the truth.

You're the best nerbot.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join