It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This site has sold out.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Yeah thats been my gripe of recent.

The front page shouldn't be limited like that

I liked having 2 top threads each day on the front page. Put that back and I'll suffer some ads, I just think the ads are starting to take over.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
So many NOOBS who think they have been around long enough to have an opinion about how the site runs comparing "then and now".

If you don't like it, just go away and stop whining.

If you don't go away then there is somthing here for you that costs you nothing. Live with it or don't.
NOOB or disgruntled former banned member.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetflock
I see it. For a place that encourages open discussion, its too heavily censored.
edit on 13-6-2011 by jetflock because: (no reason given)

I would fully disagree with you on that. I can get very political sometimes, and very passionate about things I know and believe in at all times. I often speak of revolution, and often point out the evils of government. If this site practiced censorship, more of my posts would be deleted, and I would most likely have been banned by now. Only one time have I had a post deleted by staff, and for a very good reason. Want censorship? Navigate over to GLP, or the Black Vault.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
WOW - It looks like some advice has been taken regarding the front page displaying only the 1 top thread.

There are now 2 threads at the top of the front page again!

Did I do that?

Thank you ATS, it seems you do take notice and I am very happy to see the 2 top topics of the day there once more!

Thanks and best,

R

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

cannabis is a conspiricy in my eyes not only here but in the world. This site is about whistleblowing and debating taboo subjects, yet we cant debate or even have an adult conservation about cannabis without topics/posts being deleted.

I actually think you'd be surprised that a lot of the staff actually support legalization. After all, this country was made great on a cash crop of a narcotic (tobacco).

Thing is, in the past, we've tried to allow such discussion, and EVERY time, it blew up in our collective faces, so much so, that the best move for the site was to simply include the restriction in the terms and conditions. There are plenty of other sites where this topic is discussed, that the staff felt it wasn't as needed here.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
ALRIGHT YES YES! I AGREE MAXNORMAL!

There I said it, no I yelled it. sorry fellas but after what ive seen here, and i mean ive seen WOOO!

I can finally say it, WOW it feels great admitting it

please dont hurt though it wont hurt your website i swear
edit on 19-6-2011 by Whirpool because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Why guts? are we suppose to be afraid of ATS now just like were suppose to afraid of everything else?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Whirpool

He called them out by name.

"Super" Moderators ADVISOR, alien, asala, AshleyD, ATSmediaPRO, Byrd, chissler, dbates, DJDOHBOY, DontTreadOnMe, Duzey, elevatedone, FredT, GAOTU789, Gazrok, Gemwolf, Hellmutt, intrepid, JacKatMtn, JAK, junglejake, kinglizard, Majic, maria_stardust, masqua, Mirthful Me, neformore, niteboy82, sanctum, Sauron, semperfortis, The Vagabond, TheBandit795, UK Wizard, worldwatcher, yeahright, ZeddicusZulZorander, Forum Moderators Ahabstar, argentus, ArMaP, Asktheanimals, benevolent tyrant, burdman30ott6, defcon5, Dr Love, gallopinghordes, GENERAL EYES, getreadyalready, GradyPhilpott, greeneyedleo, Hefficide, Jbird, JohnnyAnonymous, kosmicjack, Maxmars, MemoryShock, Nerdling, nyk537, pantha, parrhesia, seagull, Skyfloating, spacedoubt, Spiderj, TheBorg, TheRedneck, tothetenthpower, WikiEditor, WyrdeOne, xpert11,

OP accused these people of only being out for money.

The owners of this site have sold out. They edit anything that will offend the ad income. They only want to make money, they do not care about the truth or sharing thoughts and ideas freely.

I would call this rather ballsy conjecture.

This site has became a huge pile of rubbish, heavily moderated by way too many people that think they are right.

And finally

So point is the owners sold out, they want money not the truth on anything. And they prove this by all the free labor and the wiping of most posts.

I said "guts". I was being generous. You see, I happen to know what it is like to start

something for the public, then having to defend outrageous accusations.

To me is more about common courtesy. It's kind of like you are a guest in someone's home.

They don't run their home like you see fit. So you take a dump on their living room floor.

OP made his points. Nobody has ever forced me to log on to "ATS".

We are all here as guests...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I was just reading over this thread and I think that it is a really important issue that needs to be addressed but it needs to be done so in the correct manner. I believe that ATS has sort of sold out, but, not in the way the OP suggests. In the past we used to have shows like ATS mix and BTS mix and above politics... all were pretty interesting. I think the problem occurred when ATS started using visual medium for shows.

They started out really great with the documentaries but I think they've degenerated a bit with shows like the Conspiracy Chicks. The rational behind the Conspiracy Chicks show was alright and the show was actually pretty decent, but, ATS started to try to appeal to the lowest common denominator. It did get me using the forums more often, but, I
just think in general that the quality of the programs have dropped that were being offered.

The ads I don't really mind. I used to have a problem with MSNBC ads being featured all the time but in all honesty does it matter that much? If ATS were to just focus on ads from alternative media people would complain about that too. It's a lose lose scenario and ATS had to make the best out of it.

I don't think there is a problem with censorship on this site. The problem is that mods don't know what forum is appropriate for topics and they place them based on their best judgment rather than what makes sense. I often feel like there are a number of times when I'll make a topic and I'll post it to the alternative breaking news forum, because, it is breaking news, and I take a conspiracy angle to it. Yet, there are mods that don't agree that it is a conspiracy so they move it to other forums. It begs the question as to what exactly a conspiracy theory is, and, what your definition is of one.

So, I think the people here complaining about censorship probably have other issues but for the most part I don't think that it's a real issue for the most part. I suppose that forum staff are a bit slow to responding for things. You'd think that with so many staff they would be able to reply to complaints you send them right away. Mods take a no nonsense policy when it comes to complaints too... that I can understand.

I'm glad that this thread exists. I feel that ATS has sort of sold out, but, not for the reasons addressed by the OP.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
All products have a life cycle, and there are far better and far worse internet forums than this one.

Originally posted by Crakeur

As far as we can tell, there are three ways to provide a site of this magnitude, to this many people, while ensuring it runs smoothly, and loads up as quickly as it does.
1. charge a monthly fee
2. pay for it all out of the owner's pockets
3. allow advertisers to pay for ad space.

Then clearly it is time to be more strategic and more creative. Stupid video ads running without my permission because I am not logged in are enough to put me off most sites.
edit on 23-6-2011 by Belcultassi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join