It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Turkey to send troops into Syria

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We all know that Debka is a mixture of misinformation and golden nuggets of truth before it happens so was in two minds to post this. However, Turkey to Send in Troops needs at the least some comments from the goodly people on ATS.
Turkey is the bridge between West and Middle East with a secular government that can shame the UK government. There could be a ring of truth to this:
- Freedoms of Turkeys people will not be shared by their colleagues across the border
- Turkey could have its own crisis caused by the number of refugees
- And let's not forget Turkeys aspiration to NATO
As I say - this is too large to just dismiss without discussion

edit on 12-6-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2011 by templar knight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

My dads a Turk and I have to say I'm a little put out by how much the government there is jumping through hoops so they can become the predominant power in the middle east. When Turkey wanted to get into the Euro the entire economy had to be restructured, corporate law was changed and after all that they still didn't get in.

Now Turkey is thinking about an 'arab union' of which they'll be the equivalent of Germany. It's a huge mistake on both the Turkish and international communities part because Turkey has one of the largest and best trained armies in the world, a huge arsenal of weapons and there are a number of fascist factions still fighting for control of the Turkish government. If they managed to unite the arab union and become the main member only to be overrun by fascist or terrorist elements it could become an even bigger world problem then the US.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Turkey is an Islamic nation that is sadly in NATO. They made that Obvious when the would not let our troops invade Iraq from their territory, understanding. Their recent actions regarding Israel has not been. They are no better than Iran in many peoples eyes including mine.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by templar knight
Turkey is the bridge between West and Middle East with a secular government that can shame the UK government.

While the Army and the constitution are secular, the current Government is an Islamic party. Go look up PM Erdogan and you will see why Turkey has changed it's tune in the past 10 years. There was a point when he was first elected that the Turkish Army would oust him, but they seem to have worked out that one.

- Turkey could have its own crisis caused by the number of refugees

Not really. They've done a bang up job so far and have camps in place ready to receive with clean water, sewage pipes and makeshift roads set up.

- And let's not forget Turkeys aspiration to NATO

Turkey has been a NATO member since 1951.

As I say - this is too large to just dismiss without discussion

Given the rhetoric and recent actions taken by Turkey, I would say that if intervention came, it would be Turkey doing it and they look like they wouldn't wait for a UN resolution either. If the problems in Syria spread and affect the Kurdish reasons, it would be in Turkey's best interests to intervene before the violence spills over into Turkey itself. They could save face with their own Kurds by moving to "protect" them and also get rid of a bit of an arsehole on their border, namely Assad.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

That's the Ottoman spirit in them

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Somethings going to kick off there soon, i dont think it will be long till turkey get fully involved and maybe some western powers. But like people say and know, no oil. So might be up to the turks.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imhotepsol

My dads a Turk and I have to say I'm a little put out by how much the government there is jumping through hoops so they can become the predominant power in the middle east. When Turkey wanted to get into the Euro the entire economy had to be restructured, corporate law was changed and after all that they still didn't get in.

Now Turkey is thinking about an 'arab union' of which they'll be the equivalent of Germany. It's a huge mistake on both the Turkish and international communities part because Turkey has one of the largest and best trained armies in the world, a huge arsenal of weapons and there are a number of fascist factions still fighting for control of the Turkish government. If they managed to unite the arab union and become the main member only to be overrun by fascist or terrorist elements it could become an even bigger world problem then the US.

Nice and agreeable thoughts Imhotepsol, I agree what you said as a Turkish citizen living in Istanbul, but also I have to say that Turkish government is also acting as a US/EU/NATO puppet too. Thats what confuses me. Thats what makes me think that Erdogan will rise as the main arab/middle east power and have the support of belonging countries, and then gonna sell them to EU/US whatever. So I dont think its a threat to US or EU, but a threat to middle east itself.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

Turkey is an Islamic nation that is sadly in NATO. They made that Obvious when the would not let our troops invade Iraq from their territory, understanding. Their recent actions regarding Israel has not been. They are no better than Iran in many peoples eyes including mine.

More zionist rubbish..
Israel executed Turkish citizens..

It ain't "many people's" eyes, it's yours and the others who think Israel never does wrong..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by organite

It looks like he's trying to consolidate as much Western and Eastern influence as humanly possible without causing an all out war.

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Yes definitely it 'looks' like that my friend
but no one can know it for sure..

posted on Jun, 14 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

I'm just glad I had an Irish passport to fall back on so I could a: leave and b: re-enter without having to either serve 18 months in the army or 2 years in Jail
I do miss it over there. Are you an ex-pat working there or a Turk?

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

I was born and raised in Istanbul, I also have dual citizenship from Switzerland and Turkey.
I've raised in Turkish culture and customs but my family is not so familiar with both islam as a religion, arabs or kurds as people. My family roots were from the Balkans and middle Europe, that they were brought to Constantinople (at that time) to serve in the Ottoman Empire. Also I'm not a Christian (but my roots were), it says Muslim in my Citizen ID but I don't care much about it as I am not personally interested in either Islam or Christianity, also I am not supporting the neo-islamic government ruling Turkey now. But I do respect all religions and all people, I just don't want people to die and resources stolen and can't stand the games being played in the region
I guess I am just in the middle of everything

Oh, and I'm a girl
so I don't have to go and join the Turkish Army, gladly hehehehe
edit on 15-6-2011 by organite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Lucky you
The one thing I really miss about Turkey, aside from cheap alcohol, easy access to marijuana, beautiful summers, gorgeous beaches - is the women. Ugh I really might have to move back one day

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Yes indeed
Especially the beaches and the sight!

Yesterday it was on Turkish news that within this two days Turkish PM Erdogan and Obama, also Turkish Foreign Affairs Ministry, Mr. Davutoglu and Hillary Clinton made some phone traffic and US asked for permission to help Turkey on the Syria issue, also to add some hype to the subject and the region, Angelina Jolie requested to go the Turkish Syria near-border city 'Hatay' to see the Syrian refugees.

Sorry I don't know how to embed pictures to the forum.

They are pushing on all sides to help Turkey, to help Syria, for the sake of Turkish people and Syrian people
Spending LOTS of US money for that cause. If they make enough publicity, it is going to be inevitable that we're going to see US soldiers in the region
and I can bet, if once they enter the area, they won't go until they form a Kurd country inside the Turkish borders (we call it here 'Two birds down with one shot'). Of course, that is only for help..

Also to help people of the world, US government is building a shadow internet network to gain and gather information and intelligence from the rioters first hand, so that they can know whats going on exactly.

If a certain group in a country is planning a revolt or an attack they will use this intelligence network to communicate and plan their riots. So, US government can decide more precisely and take better decisions on which politics they should go for either against rioters or governments (according to their resource/control/money benefits), they can plan the 'perfect interventions' according to the information submitted to the network. If they don't like what they see, they can share this intelligence to governments that those people were planning a revolt, attack etc. and they can have some benefits from this help in response..

The State Department, for example, is financing the creation of stealth wireless networks that would enable activists to communicate outside the reach of governments in countries like Iran, Syria and Libya, according to participants in the projects.

In one of the most ambitious efforts, United States officials say, the State Department and Pentagon have spent at least $50 million to create an independent cellphone network in Afghanistan using towers on protected military bases inside the country. It is intended to offset the Taliban’s ability to shut down the official Afghan services, seemingly at will.

The effort has picked up momentum since the government of President Hosni Mubarak shut down the Egyptian Internet in the last days of his rule. In recent days, the Syrian government also temporarily disabled much of that country’s Internet, which had helped protesters mobilize.

So that they can go there and help people, then build military bases and have the control of the natural resources of that country or 'bring democracy'.

Hillary Clinton said:

“There is a historic opportunity to effect positive change, change America supports,” she said. “So we’re focused on helping them do that, on helping them talk to each other, to their communities, to their governments and to the world.”

www.nytimes.com...

I wonder what happens if some other country makes this kind of network against US government for supporting riots against US government
It would become a WWIII. But here they are..
edit on 16-6-2011 by organite because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-6-2011 by organite because: Correction

edit on 16-6-2011 by organite because: Grammar duhh!

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

If they managed to unite the arab union and become the main member only to be overrun by fascist or terrorist elements it could become an even bigger world problem then the US.

Maybe that is the plan.

"Ordo ab chao" (order from chaos) is the motto.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

... aside from cheap alcohol ...

That is probably because of this

Counterfeit alcohol in Turkey kills four Russian tourists

Its a big problem for Turkey, and caused some tension between Turkey and Russia.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Ok. It's Debka. It is Israeli Sorcha Faal.
Turkey sending troops into Syria will turn Arab population opinion against them again, and it is not what Turkey wants. There is nothing to gain,lots to loose. To remind you, Turkey ruled the area less then 100 years ago and nobody in Middle East forgets it. Sending forces to former province.... Turkish leaders are not idiots.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

If they managed to unite the arab union and become the main member only to be overrun by fascist or terrorist elements it could become an even bigger world problem then the US.

Maybe that is the plan.

Yes that also may be the real plan, leading to a much bigger plan in the end
As its just like in chess..
What I know is 'to expect EVERYTHING'

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Version100

Maybe that is the plan.

Yes but they only create chaos in the hope a 'Divine' one will show up.

posted on Jun, 16 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Ok more news..Well actually its a prediction from a Turkish journalist named Banu Avar.

On Syria and Turkey in the next 1-2 weeks starting from 17 June 2011;

1. Angelina Jolie goes to Hatay (Turkish city near Syria border)
2. Newspapers press Jolie's photos with Syrian children in Turkish border, Jolie mentioning how devastating it was seeing refugees living in bad conditions, couldn't go back to their country and how afraid they were, newspapers write how it is to live as a refugee, and how their conditions were.
3. UN will talk with Human Rights organizations and invite them to help Turkey.
4. A few provocations, a few conflict and battles at the border.
5. UN Peace Keeping Soldiers will come to the Turkey-Syria border region and 'at the same time' with this, NATO Aegis ships will anchor Iskenderun Harbor (Turkey).

Banu Avar Wiki

She says it is all planned, she gives the schedule, and now we should wait and see if she's for real or not

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join