It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China's Navy Activated For Drills.....Japan on Alert; US Destroyer In Area

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BLV12

Thanks for adding your opinion, and I believe we may agree more than you think. I did give my thoughts on the subject, in the OP. Take a look.

In my opinion, there is no reason to believe that this is nothing more than a naval drill and not an act of aggression at all. The Japanese has a history of becoming alarmed any time they PLA conducts drills. I also believe that it is just coincidence that a US ship happens to be moving in the same area. Still, many nations in the area are clearly skeptical of China's intentions and are on alert even though China has tried to quell concerns.

I think that coincides with your opinion quite well. I believe there are too many people who use China as a convinient scapegoat. I think I gave links to show how China stated that these are just drills, and the links also showed Japan's tendancy to get worked up over nothing.

I tried to make sure I gave the facts and my opinion in a non-sensationalist manner, and the title of the OP did not say : "OMG...China Invades Japan, US Joins in fight!!!!!!"

I find the subject interesting, including the information about the aircraft carrier. That's why I made the thread. I would only ask that you peruse the OP and links before you assume I take a stance different than your own or am trying to fearmonger.

edit on 13-6-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: add content

new topics

<< 1   >>

join