It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR [Graphic Design]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I created this minimal graphic design about war which is one of the growing subjects I seem to be covering in my work. Im not sure how to get it to fit properly in the forums so I have posted a link to the image.
deviantART Link or right click > view image
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5961be96e691.png[/atsimg]
edit on 12-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
looks really good! possible shirt design?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

You should do one with an M4 or an AK. While it looks neat with an M8, it is somewhat irrelevant since it is not widely used by any armed forces other than a handful of U.S. special forces operators.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

You forgot the cresnent moon & star, the Cross, the Star of David, the anachry symbol etc.
edit on 12-6-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sickofitall89
looks really good! possible shirt design?

Good idea, I have used a service that prints onto shirts before but that was ages ago now. If I get that back up and running and remember I will send you a link. I would like this as a shirt myself.

Originally posted by FTD Brat

You should do one with an M4 or an AK. While it looks neat with an M8, it is somewhat irrelevant since it is not widely used by any armed forces other than a handful of U.S. special forces operators.

I did not realise :/, im not to familiar with the guns so I just searched "US Military weapons" and found a suitable image. I thought about the AK though that is very popular in the middle east aswell, the M4 would have been better, if I do another version I will find a better suited gun.

Originally posted by TDawgRex

You forgot the cresnent moon & star, the Cross, the Star of David, the anachry symbol etc.

Actually I did want to add more logos, I knew there must be a bunch of military logos I was missing however I did a search and I wasnt sure which logos were genuine or not. Perhaps if you can point me to some of the logos I can introduce them into the design.

edit on 12-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

The Hammer and Sickle comes to mind. As does all the religous symbols earlier mentioned. You can add Che Guevara as well. All have had a hand in murder and genocide.

And I agree, it should probably be the AK-47. That weapon has killed more people than any other.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

If you want to push buttons in a humorous way. Do a board in the manner of the movie “The Expendables”

spiritualpopcorn.blogspot.com...

Instead replace the actors with Barack Obama, George Bush, The Pope, Muqtada al-Sadr, Bashar al-Assad, Muammar Qaddafi, Felipe Calderón, Nicolas Sarkozy, Vladimir Putin, Hu Jintao, etc

Though you may receive a visit from the local security forces.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

If you want to push buttons in a humorous way. Do a board in the manner of the movie “The Expendables”

spiritualpopcorn.blogspot.com...

Instead replace the actors with Barack Obama, George Bush, The Pope, Muqtada al-Sadr, Bashar al-Assad, Muammar Qaddafi, Felipe Calderón, Nicolas Sarkozy, Vladimir Putin, Hu Jintao, etc

Though you may receive a visit from the local security forces.

Well im not from the US anyway also aslong as they arnt armed im fairly well protected. Thats a very good idea though, I might just give it a go.

top topics

join