It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny village is latest victim of the 'The hum'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
The fact that ATS has been reporting on this for quite awhile now, makes this interesting to me that it it now finally coming into the main stream news. The good news is the members that have been reporting it, aren't losing their minds.

Now a tiny English village is the latest community to claim to be being hit by the phenomenon known as "the hum". Residents of Woodland, in County Durham, claim that every night a noise permeates the air similar to the throb of a car engine. It is sometimes so strong that it even shakes the bed of one of the householders. But no matter how hard they look, the community cannot find the source of the problem and, at their wits end, have called in the council to investigate.

Link for Full Article

I guess we can rule out the possible explanation of the rocket test that we came up with a month or so ago. This is becoming more curious as time goes by
edit on 12-6-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-6-2011 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

onehuman

It's probably Paul Gascoinge's Brain being 're-charged' much like you would charge a mobile phone up !!

or Ant & Decs nose hair trimmers ........

On topic............ who knows, there are no obvious reasons for a 'hum' there as not much really happens although further south there is the American 'secret' listening post in North Yorkshire.......

Maybe ET is phoning home.......

PDUK

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
The sound is played here, it is the same humm weird sound reported on ATS many times in many threads.....

www.speechresearch.co.nz...

It does remind one of the sounds made by the sun

soi.stanford.edu...
edit on 12-6-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Wow! Now- I think there is a distinction between the loud noise people have been hearing, and the Hum as it has been described before- a very low vibration that some people hear and others don't, even if they are in the same room. That is the first time I have seen someone record the same tone. I hear it and that IS what it sounds like!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
ok now, first off, today there was a tornado warning in my area for 1/2 hour or so. the skies didn't have that look, but, whatever. so then the thunder started. funny thing is, it was a constant thunder rumble for at least 25 minutes!! not one second of silence. i've never heard anything like that before. maybe i just never noticed. sounds like it's back as i'm typing this. i tried to record it on my phone but it didn't do it any justice.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by MadMaxZombie

I have had the same experience with unusually long thunder with a surprising lack of lightning. Ive often wondered if there are certain conditions which could create echoes with the thunder?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
iv actually been trying to research this phenomena Investigating the Weird hums, booms and tremors , this kinds thing is happening all over the place just now

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I posted this in a related thread. I really am almost convinced that these hums and strange noises are related to the network of underground tunnels and bases "they" have constructed. I mean, I think a giant boring machine would tend to make quite a bit of noise. Not to mention whatever else they might be doing with the tunnels & bases.

Is it possible for anyone to compile the reports of "the hum" with locations & dates? If we compile them all and see any straight-line patterns, seems like an open and shut case.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Reply to post by Observer99

Search ats for 'rumbling noise' there's a member that made a map with times and
directions. From what I could tell it was everywhere... Whatever it is, its weird. Suppose time will tell, though im not looking forward to the answer. Everybody should contact their local paper, its the easiest way to create awareness about this. And the more awareness you create, the harder it is for tptb to distort the truth...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I hate to step in with my jealousy here, but I want to hear this thing!!! I am completely envious of the people that haven't gotten to witness this first hand. And just like that I've publicly admitted to my desire to be scared out of my wits.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
the only way i can relate the "thunder" i heard yesterday to the underground boring machine is, the weather could be controlled to cover up the sound of the boring?? it did sound like rolling thunder echoing throughout a valley, but it never stopped once. but, unlike the vid(s) i've seen, there was no ground shaking at all...just constant thunder that seemed like it was coming from south of where i'm at.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Be interesting to see if the villages start getting the Antiflu ,The flu that doesnt feel like a normal flu but puts you in a zombie state for a week(seriously ,i had it just after the noise was heard here)coincidence or insanity?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I just remembered hearing about this phenomenon some years ago. It's apparently called "Infrasound". I did a search and found an article describing this.
It's in Danish, but fortunately we have Google Translate

Article about infrasound in Denmark

Let me know if something needs a deeper translation to clarify something.
edit on 13/6/2011 by Jubjub because: I needed to fix my link

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
betcha is the aliens digging underground.
or gov expanding on subterranean tunnels.
only being half sarcastic, what else would cause such a noise?
edit on 13-6-2011 by CoffeeMonster because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join