It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nomination for biggest non-story of the year.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Sarah Palin e-mails.

Something like 24,000 pages of e-mail?

What dirt did it reveal? NOTHING!

Unflippingbelievable........

Lame stream media......EPIC FAIL!

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Let not your heart be troubled. Something will either be "found" or made up entirely. They never let a good crisis go to waste and wiener gate needs to be swept under the rug by new "news"

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

You know (you betcha!) that many were drooling, just waiting for juicy, slanderous, scandelous, evil emails.

Epic fail, indeed.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

It just goes to show you how 'irrelevant' that the media and the leftards think she is that they would go to all that trouble to obtain them. Either that, or apparently they have absolutely nothing better to do with their time.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by vor78

Wait, you're talking about the 24,000 emails that had to be printed out because of the need for heavy redaction by the state of Alaska?

And so, because they came out mediocre (because they were redacted to be), you're labelling it a "non-story"?!?!?!???

That's like saying you got trolled on 4chan.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

No, I'm not saying that its a complete 'non-story'. Its a great example of a political witch hunt in progress.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by cryptographrix

Out of 14,482 emails, less than 7% were withheld. 11,000, or 76%, were released without redactions. www.washingtonpost.com...

What is most interesting to me is the massive effort to uncover some damning evidence from these emails, while those who have wanted to see Obama's birth certificate (a single document) have been ridiculed continuously for 3 years. Oh, and that this witch hunt has been ongoing for all this time and Palin is still going and going and going...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by WTFover

Yet it was 6 minutes of tape in all of Nixon's presidency that was damning.

I do not mean to minimize your comment - you are quite right - but redacting 20%+ of email is quite a lot when you consider that most are probably day-to-day status messages.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cryptographrix
...consider that most are probably day-to-day status messages.

That could be, but there is an equal probability that those redacted or withheld would have revealed identities of whistle blowers or others who provided information on the condition of anonymity. Many, particularly those from the yahoo account, probably contained personal communications to family and friends, which were irrelevant to the operation of government, yet would have been exploited by the sensationalistic media. Look at the Weiner photos, as a prime example.

If you recall, her yahoo account was "hacked" in 2008 and didn't reveal anything to end Palin's political career.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Didn't she only release the emails she wanted people to see? That does not sound like someone who does not have something to hide. Why spend two years and all that lawyer money hiding certain emails if you have nothing to hide? Good thing she is not black.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Oh my! I can't believe it! How could she?

...She also wrote with many spelling errors, including 'store isle' above and 'nonsensicle'...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

It is an issue. The issue is that major "news" organizations see fit to dedicate massive resources to taking down this person who is a flash in the pan and has zero intention of running for President. It is not like there are not real issues that need journalistic skills to investigate and report on. They abound at the moment.

Sarah Palin has made these news organizations look like total fools. She has jerked the MSM around better than any figure in history. She simply does not care what they think, could care less and that is infuriating them. Does not answer their questions, blows them off, does not tell them where she is going, she is making a fool out of all of them.

What are they going to find out? They going to show that she played politics and pushed folks around? OK . They going to show that she used home spun language when discussing serious business? OK. They going to show that in the context of e-mail she skirted ethical boundries? OK

This is just fantastic. Lets get FOIA requests on Charles Schumer, Pelosi, Reid and the rest of them. Guess what? Dirt can be dug up about each one of them, big deal.

In any event, e-mail is an extremely poor method of constructing the actual details of a situation. By definition, e-mails exist absent context. They are typically one component of communication, with oral communications being a large component, memos another. As someone who has been involved in law suits where e-mail discovery was a component of the case, at least in the legal sense, the content of e-mail in and of itself does not stand.

Nothing but a distraction and a waste of time.
edit on 12-6-2011 by dolphinfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Undertough

Didn't she only release the emails she wanted people to see? That does not sound like someone who does not have something to hide. Why spend two years and all that lawyer money hiding certain emails if you have nothing to hide? Good thing she is not black.

She had nothing to do with the release.

"Good thing she is not black." Being that we have a black President.....What does that mean? That she would have been left alone?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4

She had nothing to do with the release.

"Good thing she is not black." Being that we have a black President.....What does that mean? That she would have been left alone?

What are you talking about? Who's lawyers spent two years holding this up so they could select what to release, what to redact, and what to withhold? That would be Mizz Palin's lawyers. You do not even know the story you are commenting on.

It means that you are the same parasites that keep demanding that Obama release his kindergarten fingerpaintings. Clear enough?

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
the palin emials has my vote for the biggest non story of the year as well.

its not like palin is running for president or is she a governor or a sitting us congressman or president.

the left is still fighting the 2008 election.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
the palin emials has my vote for the biggest non story of the year as well.

its not like palin is running for president or is she a governor or a sitting us congressman or president.

the left is still fighting the 2008 election.

The emails were requested in 2008.

Do any of you know the story at all? I did not think it was important either but the way you fellas so ignorantly dismiss it makes me wonder if there is something you are just afraid to actually find. If Palin would stop asking people for money to run for president, maybe her little lemmings would finally realize she is not actually running for president.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

Why would'nt you hold it up, even if you had nothing to hide? Holding it up takes little and costs the folks who are trying to hammer you time and money. I would do every thing I could, regardless of the content of the e-mails to hold up the release as long as possible just to break their stones. I would also redact everything I could. Why? Because when some fool takes something out of context due to redacted content and attempts to sully me, I could provide all of the context and make them look like a fool, thats why.

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

what is it going to change?

is she gonna get fired? is the press going to hate on the woman 24/7? are people going to suddenly love the woman?

people already have a low opinion of the woman emails arent gonna change that.
edit on 12-6-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Do any of you know the story at all? I did not think it was important either but the way you fellas so ignorantly dismiss it makes me wonder if there is something you are just afraid to actually find.

Find what, exactly? To this point, its been a whole lot of nothing. Look, I know some of you are drawn to a Palin bashing fest like flies to an electric bug zapper, but at this point, does it really matter? She done. Her political career is toast.

Again, the only story here is that her opponents are apparently obsessed and can't let it go.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Find what, exactly? To this point, its been a whole lot of nothing. Look, I know some of you are drawn to a Palin bashing fest like flies to an electric bug zapper, but at this point, does it really matter? She done. Her political career is toast.

Again, the only story here is that her opponents are apparently obsessed and can't let it go.

No, the only story here is that an FOIA request took 3 years to accomplish. No one really cares, it just took a long time to get the information.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join