It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unhappyness all around

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Being in NYC, I have noticed quite alot compared to my summer home in VA. Heres a few of the symptoms I noticed:

More people saying they don't "trust" anyone
More strangers asking for money
More people drinking
More people sitting on the street corners, intoxicated
More trash, filthy streets
MORE SHANTYTOWNS
People parking blocking others' driveways even though rest of the street is empty
Horny strangers, literally asking hook up, or trying to talk dirty on subway

I would agree with the OP its a combination of confusive factors, including economy/costs increase crowding, drugs/alky, and yeah, flouride, poor air quality, and yeah, maybe chemtrails, even. Who knows what else. The recent supermoon?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Tonight I was watching our local news, a guy shot a 11yr old girl for playing around her truck.How sad

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Yup. Bunch of snappy people all around --- honking horns for not being courteous, pissing off during beautiful days, etc. I'm amazed that I too get a whiff of unhappiness but continue to censor myself diligently everyday just to keep sane. Must get off computer and get fresh air --- aaahhh!

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
OP,

Things have been pretty normal where I'm from so I can't confirm what you are noticing but that could very well have something to do with the way I perceive it.........

Originally posted by JiggyPotamus I have found, and this is for me, that viewing ATS multiple times daily has turned me, unwillingly, into a cynic. So one must be careful when reading a lot of dark, draining content because it can possibly start to affect one's worldview. Just a possibility I thought I would throw out there.

I recognize this all to well. My first experience with ATS had the same effect on me. It wears off after some time.....

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
It is nothing more than a state of mind.

We are all living in a very dangerous and unsure moment mostly because we are all becoming slowly aware that those we elected ass our leaders are basically incompetent and corrupt.

What makes me happy today is,I saw a picture of Congresswoman Gabby today and she looks to be recovering well.

That is good to know and I am not even a Democrat!

I sat at the beach and watched a great sunset and that is all a good thing to witness and makes one realize the beauty in just simple things.

Don't let things get to you and say hello to perfect strangers and just be genial to all.

We are all in this mess together and if those of us that are enlightened just do our part the rest will maybe come around.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
The prime concern of the human race, is that they believe thier ego self to be real, and as a resullt, when faced with the reality of the dissolution of the ego, they become insane at the prospect of thier ego "dying".

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
People have been the same way since the beginning of time. We are unhappy at birth. We are confused and frustrated by this life. There will be an end to all of us and that alone is enough to piss us off.

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SystemResistor

Ego dying?
What kind of argument is this? Not everyone is so connected that they can make a certainty of their ego.

I see it that we were tricked 2342 times in the past. I like to take alternate views of things, at least to consider them.

Also this dissolution of ego... you have blind faith of no other options eh. Actions of blind following are a great way to secretly be a sheep. (Though of course it'd be nice if this mystical energies surrounding the world were really doing that, right.)

In other words, people have a certain dictation over themselves. It is up to them to decide their own way of being happy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join