It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Can I Do?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Im absolutely sick of TPTB !!!

We always talk on this about doing something, but we never actually do it !!
I would like ideas of action I could take.
Currently staying in britain so any ideas are welcomed (if they aren't stupid)
We all need to do something, the more we sit back and let them run this show, the more we lose control !!
WE ARE THE PEOPLE
THE PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BE AFRAID OF THE GOVERNMENT, THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD BE AFRAID OF THE PEOPLE !!!
edit on 11-6-2011 by BenWoodsYcc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
This is something I think about quite a bit, and in my opinion the first and most important step is educating the people. Unless supremely lucky we can do nothing without majority support. I am going to start outlining a plan, a feasible solution to rescuing America, because we shouldn't dwell on the unfairness of problems, but rather we should solve them. And if I take any heat for that, it will be from people who are doing NOTHING, wanting to tear-down something that could potentially work, if only on a small-scale. Anything is better than nothing, and you would think more people would be appalled that their rights are being taken away...but the masses are content, and that is why we need to wake them up.

I have some ideas on how to accomplish this mission, and I will create a thread in the next 2-3 days outlining my plan when I have completed it. That is what we are lacking...Well, we are lacking an ORGANIZED UNION of citizens, as well as a COHERENT PLAN. I hope to change that, so everyone who wonders what they can do, can actually do something.

I have been in the same boat as you for a while now, and I applaud you coming forward and letting us know how you feel.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I totally agree !

I had an idea a while back, they were talking about charging to use ATS etc.
I proposed it has a donations tab, all the money raised could go towards ATS meetings with all of its members invited !! I suspect most members on this are British and American. So if we had 2 "branches" we could possibly start a type of union and maybe get somewhere !!

It just annoys me when I tell people and they laugh, maybe with some more mainstream background they would awaken.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
It can be very difficult to change the present system. I don't claim to be an expert on the UK but it can be doubly hard when you have a culture of entitlement and second generation wards of the State, as they rely on the system to keep them going.

I would suggest:
1) vote in anti-government Libertarian parties
2) Put in a repeal motion where you can pull them out of power if they don't follow through on their promises
3) Make Welfare a 5 year life time benefit (you could reapply after 5 years if you are disabled)
4) Give Immigrants a 5 year probation and kick them out if they commit crime
5) Make the families of immigrants responsible for their upkeep if they can't support themselves
6) Get gun laws like the US, so the government fears you
7) Enforce balanced budget legislation in Paraliment
8) Come out with a school voucher system
9) Increase your free trade agreements, lower tariffs that exist

That might be a start.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

I wish I could do most of those things. It seems the only thing I'm doing is telling my friends about it, there are a few who are enlightened like us good ATS'ers, but the masses don't believe me. I need to do something else...

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
It take's time. We voted in a conservative PM and it took 3 elections for him to get a majority. From what I read in some recent opinion polls, Canadians are slowly starting to move towards a more pragmatic view of government, and moving away from "The State can do everything for us" type of attitude.

We actually just ruled in the supreme court that immigrants have to pay for their relatives if they come her and try to collect welfare (after they had said they would in the first place). This sounds silly and self evident, but never would have happened with the previous government. We are also going to kill the stupid billion dollar "gun-registry" now. You have to write articles, join groups, support the correct parties etc.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Start locally, live in an area of like minded individuals, Try getting back to nature and living a more simple life. Act peacefully and take care of those around you, if we all did this "they"(whoever they are) weould have no power or control. Start garden, meditate, help your neighbors, set an example to those around of how better things can be.

Or rage against the machine, use violence and hate. Put people into power that are no different than those you tossed out. Watch them be corrupted by power.

posted on Jun, 11 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

Dear BenWoodsYcc

Do believe this, TPTB are more afrtaid of you the people of there own country than of any other thing.

They spend a fortune of your money in order to protect them selves and the establishment.

If you want to get them it is real easy you and every body else just needs to down tools. If every body did that they are history.

The big questions is then what?

posted on Jun, 13 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
If you've ever seen the children's movie 'A Bugs Life', we need to be like the ants that finally realize they outnumber the grasshoppers.

new topics

top topics

join